ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 173
« First < 243031323334 353637384484134 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 09:18 AM 07-07-2015
I am heading into the cancer center soon for my 20th chemo treatment. It's hard to believe I have had that many, but it could have been more if not for my breaks due to hospitalization, recovery from the infect port, and 6 glorious weeks in Denmark. I still feel relatively good, better than I did the first four months of the year, but I have only had one treatment since my return from Denmark. I'll get another chemo break when my surgery date rolls around and I am not sure how long after that it will be before they start me on it again.
[Reply]
Meatloaf 09:24 AM 07-07-2015
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
I am heading into the cancer center soon for my 20th chemo treatment. It's hard to believe I have had that many, but it could have been more if not for my breaks due to hospitalization, recovery from the infect port, and 6 glorious weeks in Denmark. I still feel relatively good, better than I did the first four months of the year, but I have only had one treatment since my return from Denmark. I'll get another chemo break when my surgery date rolls around and I am not sure how long after that it will be before they start me on it again.
Ed, I'm kinda thinking that a return trip to Denmark after your surgery might be just what the doctor ordered!!! Wishing you continued success in kicking cancer's butt......the Chiefs defense should be so stout!!!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 10:38 AM 07-07-2015
I would love to go back after my surgery, but there will be a long recovery period. I am not to lift over 20 lbs. for 6 weeks and the doc said I'd be about 80% then, and it could take 6 months to be back to 100%. I'm going for a shorter recovery time since it will be through autumn and into winter, and that for me is Feasting Season. I'll build myself back up inside and out with hearty meals!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 11:41 AM 07-07-2015
I was wrong apparently; this is my 19th treatment. I was so sure it was 20. Oh, well. My CT scan showed my affected lymph nodes had swollen a bit, but the doc was not worried since I was off chemo for so long. My blood clot improved significantly and the doc said it used to be from the top of my leg to mid-stomach. I had no idea it was that large. No wonder they were baffled that I was able to walk and not wheeze for breath. Now it is only a few inches long. The xarelto is doing its job.
[Reply]
Meatloaf 12:49 PM 07-07-2015
Well hells/bells, which is it......19th or 20th??? Next thing you know, you'll be claiming 9" or maybe it's really 3". I know your kind. :-)
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 01:07 PM 07-07-2015
It may have started out closer to 3 this morning, but my favorite nurses are here today so now it is closer to 9. Maybe if it didn't curve to the left it would.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 10:57 PM 07-08-2015
Here are some more Danish women, one of whom I know and why I love going over there so much!
Attached: 1535738_10205438677098753_4599706556074415021_n.jpg (82.4 KB) ThreeHotDanes.jpg (90.4 KB) 
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 05:39 AM 07-09-2015
And one shot for Sweet Daddy Williams!
Attached: Carnival2007pic11.jpg (145.6 KB) 
[Reply]
eDave 06:01 AM 07-09-2015
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
Here are some more Danish women, one of whom I know and why I love going over there so much!
Duuuuude. :-)

Take me with you next time? :-)
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 08:13 AM 07-09-2015
Glad you're doing well, Ed.

Do those Danish like American creme sticks? :-)
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 02:25 AM 07-10-2015
Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave:
Glad you're doing well, Ed.

Do those Danish like American creme sticks? :-)
They may but damned if I know from experience.
[Reply]
srvy 10:12 AM 07-10-2015
Holy Great Dane and I don't mean the doggy. Those three are something. Looks like a paradise of blonds.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 10:29 AM 07-10-2015
Originally Posted by srvy:
Holy Great Dane and I don't mean the doggy. Those three are something. Looks like a paradise of blonds.
Yep, even though one is a ginger and that is Tanya. They have awesome brunettes over there also.

In other news, I have finally after 19 treatments had to take my anti-nausea meds. I was not on the verge of hurling, but my stomach has been queasy. The one I took also makes me sleepy, so as the thunder rumbles in the distance, I'm getting under the sheets. I like me a good nap anyhow.
[Reply]
58-4ever 09:12 AM 07-15-2015
Hey kids, Ed and I are going to hit Happy Hour at Barley's Brewhaus on 119th and Quivira today! Try and make it if you can.
[Reply]
58-4ever 01:08 PM 07-15-2015
Originally Posted by 58-4ever:
Hey kids, Ed and I are going to hit Happy Hour at Barley's Brewhaus on 119th and Quivira today! Try and make it if you can.
And we will be celebrating JH's new contract. If you can make it, bring it!

I'll make a reservation under "Planet"

see you there,

Josh
[Reply]
Page 34 of 173
« First < 243031323334 353637384484134 > Last »
Up