ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 53 of 78
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Walt Disney World
Brianfo 12:01 PM 01-11-2006
My wife and I will be taking 2 small children to Walt Disney World in Florida in 2 weeks. I get to go as a bonus thru my work. We are staying at the Hilton. My question is what is the weather like down there in January? Any good ideas on what to see and do with twins that are 2 years old? I am kind of looking forward to it. A chance to get out of Iowa in January. Oh well, enought blabbing. Any responses are greatly appreciated.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:17 AM 06-18-2017
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
I do live in FL.....but not Central FL. And when I talk about Disney, I mean Disney World.
Yeah, I figured you were in Florida based on some of your earlier posts. I also know Dane is in SoCal.

Everyone else, though- I'm not too sure about.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 07:27 AM 06-18-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Yeah, I figured you were in Florida based on some of your earlier posts. I also know Dane is in SoCal.

Everyone else, though- I'm not too sure about.
I will say this....as a person who has visited both DL and WDW, I prefer WDW.

Disneyland has it's charm, but if you want to really enjoy a Disney trip, you go to Disney World.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:35 AM 06-18-2017
What's so funny?
Because his location clearly states "Overland Park".

:-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:09 PM 06-18-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Because his location clearly states "Overland Park".

:-)

Ah, I'm using Tapatalk. It doesn't show that stuff.

Kinda strange that a dude from the Midwest knows so much about parks on the coasts, though. What's up with that, Silock?
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:23 PM 06-18-2017
Ahhhh....the joy of living in Florida and having season passes. And living close enough that I can actually make day trips to Disney or midweek jaunts.

Being a Disney fanatic this works perfect f or me.

I have actually thought about buying a house/condo and renting it out when I wouldn't be there. I have enough family and friends who would use it to make it worthwhile.
Family and friends seem to think they didn't have to pay when I own something. I hope it would work out better for you lol
[Reply]
Spott 02:24 PM 06-18-2017
Disneyland is ok, but it's a fraction of what Disneyworld is. California adventures was pretty cool, though.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 03:06 PM 06-18-2017
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Family and friends seem to think they didn't have to pay when I own something. I hope it would work out better for you lol
For family..I wouldn't care if they paid me. But friends are different.

And if I heard of any situations like Make-A-Wish i would make it available too...

But I have to find the right place to buy too
[Reply]
Mosbonian 03:10 PM 06-18-2017

Kinda strange that a dude from the Midwest knows so much about parks on the coasts, though. What's up with that, Silock?
Most of the information I gathered is from when I lived in places other than FL.....

I would say the largest part of my trips have happened when I lived in either Missouri or South Carolina. We counted one day just for grins and giggles.....between family vacations and business trips I have been to Disney 50 times. Had my first trip in the late 80's when it was still just MK and EPCOT and what is now Disney Springs (once known as Downtown Disney) was nothing more than a few shops.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:07 PM 06-18-2017
Disney Springs is fucking awesome. Expensive, but awesome.
[Reply]
ct 05:37 PM 06-18-2017
It's fun going with people who haven't been before, but you know you will have longer waits, take more time because they are seeing it for the first time and getting lost in the enjoyment.

Nowadays I enjoy going with people who have been as many times as I have....we know how to plan, where to go, when to eat and where to eat and when to leave the park for later and come back.

Enjoying Disney is a planned event.....
this x infinity

plan, or plan on doing something else
[Reply]
Silock 07:13 PM 06-18-2017

I like it . . . ?

It's my happy place. I have built so many family memories there over the years, with my parents, wife, friends, that just being there makes me happy. So, we go quite often.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:38 PM 06-18-2017
Originally Posted by Silock:
I like it . . . ?

It's my happy place. I have built so many family memories there over the years, with my parents, wife, friends, that just being there makes me happy. So, we go quite often.
That's fair enough.

You're probably in the top 1% of Disney knowledge for anyone who hasn't worked there or lived in central Florida.
[Reply]
Silock 01:02 AM 06-19-2017
That's fair enough.

You're probably in the top 1% of Disney knowledge for anyone who hasn't worked there or lived in central Florida.
Probably. But we're all into our hobbies. The internet certainly helps staying up on everything.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 04:21 AM 06-19-2017
Originally Posted by Silock:
I like it . . . ?

Couldn't have said it better.....most of the great memories for my children were the vacations at Myrtle Beach and Disney World.....
[Reply]
God of Thunder 08:08 AM 06-19-2017
Currently live in Overland Park - am a Disney Vacation Club member. Been over 40 times. Am 31.
[Reply]
Page 53 of 78
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763 > Last »
Up