ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 20
« First < 71314151617 181920 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The Best Slice
TimBone 04:53 PM 11-28-2021
It's a shame we don't talk about pizza very often here on Chiefsplanet Football Message Board. It's not too late to change that, though.

I want to hear where everyone had their best slice of pizza pie. What are your favorite toppings? Does pineapple belong on pizza? Do you enjoy Dave Portnoy's pizza reviews? What your favorite of the fast food pizza franchises? DO YOU PREFER CHICAGO OR NEW YORK STYLE PIZZA? I need answers, people.

One bite, everybody knows the rules.
[Reply]
scho63 07:59 AM 12-04-2021
I think some here are confusing good with cheap.

Take a trip to the East Coast for some real great pizza.

Even the OK places are good.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:10 AM 12-04-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
I think some here are confusing good with cheap.

Take a trip to the East Coast for some real great pizza.

Even the OK places are good.
Bullshit. There's just as good pizza in the Midwest.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 08:20 AM 12-04-2021
In KC my faves are:

Tim's Pizza
Funhouse Pizza
Bronx Pizza
Minsky's Pizza

FWIW, Casey's Pizza is good for gas station pizza. Has to be fresh out of oven though, once that pizza gets anywhere near luke warm it turns to shit. Not a good re-heat pizza.
[Reply]
bdj23 08:28 AM 12-04-2021
Minsky's is overrated and expensive af
[Reply]
bdj23 08:30 AM 12-04-2021
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
That's quite possibly the most false statement i've ever seen. They literally make the dough right in front of you at the shop. I think you have it confused with someplace else.
Had pizza shuttle last night - can confirm. It's okay pizza (I like it) but it gets a lot of drunk bias too by delivering til 3 am.
[Reply]
scho63 08:49 AM 12-04-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Bullshit. There's just as good pizza in the Midwest.
OK. :-)

What are the Top 3 best pizza places in the Midwest?
[Reply]
bdj23 08:57 AM 12-04-2021
I had pizza every day when I visited NYC. My local Johnny's pizza is just as good as anything I had out there.

Giordanos is pretty good, but I don't know if you consider Chicago Midwest. Although it's a completely different style of pizza.

Everyone raves about Minskys around here, but I just don't really care for it. It's not bad (almost no pizza is) I just don't like spending $35 for one pizza.
[Reply]
scho63 09:37 AM 12-04-2021
I tried Minsky's once. It was OK. Not bad, not good. Just OK.

Maybe a 5-6 out of 10
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:59 AM 12-04-2021
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I had pizza every day when I visited NYC. My local Johnny's pizza is just as good as anything I had out there.

Giordanos is pretty good, but I don't know if you consider Chicago Midwest. Although it's a completely different style of pizza.

Everyone raves about Minskys around here, but I just don't really care for it. It's not bad (almost no pizza is) I just don't like spending $35 for one pizza.
Unless it's changed in the past few years, seems like Minsky's is pretty typical for the price of a non-'fast food' pizza place? Last time I was there, a 14" large was $20 and they're pretty generous about toppings and cheese.

I know their whole thing is "gourmet", which is kind of dumb, because it's not really... and at least not fancy/expensive just to be fancy and expensive.
[Reply]
bdj23 11:10 AM 12-04-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Unless it's changed in the past few years, seems like Minsky's is pretty typical for the price of a non-'fast food' pizza place? Last time I was there, a 14" large was $20 and they're pretty generous about toppings and cheese.

I know their whole thing is "gourmet", which is kind of dumb, because it's not really... and at least not fancy/expensive just to be fancy and expensive.
I don't know what I did wrong, but last time I ordered minskys my tab for two pizzas was over $50 with tip and we even had a 20% off coupon.

The meat pizza they have with a strip of bacon on every slice isn't bad, but I think it's a "premium" pizza and those are expensive.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 11:38 AM 12-04-2021
I tried Minsky's once. It was OK. Not bad, not good. Just OK.

Maybe a 5-6 out of 10
It was way better in the 90s. Imo
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:53 AM 12-04-2021
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I don't know what I did wrong, but last time I ordered minskys my tab for two pizzas was over $50 with tip and we even had a 20% off coupon.

The meat pizza they have with a strip of bacon on every slice isn't bad, but I think it's a "premium" pizza and those are expensive.
Damn, a large Prime Cut is $24... I usually get that in a calzone.

But yeah, that's getting a bit extreme.
[Reply]
TimBone 01:44 PM 12-04-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Ordered this guy last night after a week of seeing this thread getting bumped

Great thread TB

Boy howdy that looks fucking good. This thread has had me wanting good pizza as well. I'm headed to Lafayette this afternoon for Holy Ghost release. I'm gonna have to seek out some quality pizza.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:06 PM 12-04-2021
OK. :-)

What are the Top 3 best pizza places in the Midwest?
I've had plenty that are just as good as NYC and especially the Southwest pizza...much better in the MW
[Reply]
Jenson71 09:32 PM 12-04-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Chicago Pizza and OG Co (and Walter Payton's daughter)

Thanks for sharing this. It looks great and I love to visit Chicago and have the standard tourist fare. I'm checking this out on my next visit.

I learned about Gino's East from Frazod. It's probably my favorite pizza dish.

Several chains have been mentioned, but I don't think anyone has mentioned some of those trendier brick-oven places, like YourPie and MyPie. I'm a fan of the Lineage at YourPie.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 20
« First < 71314151617 181920 >
Up