ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 27
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Media Center>So....Dune 2020. Cool?
DaneMcCloud 09:03 PM 10-05-2020
But the proof is in the pudding: If Mulan earns somewhere near its theater projections, then Disney really doesn’t have any reason to sit on Black Widow until next year.

I’m willing to bet that people will pay easily $39.99 and maybe even $49.99 to see a great Marvel film this year.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:13 AM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

I’m willing to bet that people will pay easily $39.99 and maybe even $49.99 to see a great Marvel film this year.
I agree with this. Id probably pay $39.99.

So pass that info on to your execs.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:29 PM 10-06-2020
So how is Netflix still releasing new stuff each week? They must have had a ton of stuff in the can before COVID?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:35 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
So how is Netflix still releasing new stuff each week? They must have had a ton of stuff in the can before COVID?
Yes, they had a ton of content already and while filming stopped the first week of March, VFX and even orchestra's have been recorded for TV and Film scores have been going on, albeit, remotely.

The Phineas and Ferb movie on Disney+ wasn't finished until the day before it aired on August 28th and the entire score was done remotely with people here in LA and the orchestra in Germany.

Even the Hans Zimmer Pink Floyd cover for Dune was recorded remotely, which is actually pretty damn cool.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:08 PM 10-06-2020
Yes, they had a ton of content already and while filming stopped the first week of March, VFX and even orchestra's have been recorded for TV and Film scores have been going on, albeit, remotely.

The Phineas and Ferb movie on Disney+ wasn't finished until the day before it aired on August 28th and the entire score was done remotely with people here in LA and the orchestra in Germany.

Even the Hans Zimmer Pink Floyd cover for Dune was recorded remotely, which is actually pretty damn cool.
Pretty cool! Technology is a great thing!
[Reply]
Shoes 01:08 PM 12-16-2020
Dune article about the old film for those interested:

https://groovyhistory.com/dune-david-lynch
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:41 PM 12-16-2020
For those of you that aren't aware, Denis Villeneuve is absolutely pissed at his film going directly to HBO Max.

He's also stated that the second film of the series won't get made, at least not by him.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 01:48 PM 12-16-2020
For those of you that aren't aware, Denis Villeneuve is absolutely pissed at his film going directly to HBO Max.

He's also stated that the second film of the series won't get made, at least not by him.
That is a shame. Dude might legitimately be the best director in the business right now.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:54 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
That is a shame. Dude might legitimately be the best director in the business right now.
Oh, he'll certainly find work elsewhere but unless he cools off over the course of the next few months, I wouldn't expect to find him on the Warner Brothers lot any time soon.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:05 PM 12-16-2020

I saw that. But the film is still getting released to theaters as well.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:11 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I saw that. But the film is still getting released to theaters as well.
Yeah but they know damn good and well that the turnout will be limited because it'll be available on HBO Max.

AT&T is using WB's 2021 slate of films to drive HBO Max. This has nothing to do with the pandemic and everything to do with them wanting to grow Max as quickly as possible, lest they be left in the dust by Disney and Netflix.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:16 PM 12-16-2020
Yeah but they know damn good and well that the turnout will be limited because it'll be available on HBO Max.

AT&T is using WB's 2021 slate of films to drive HBO Max. This has nothing to do with the pandemic and everything to do with them wanting to grow Max as quickly as possible, lest they be left in the dust by Disney and Netflix.
Yep. Gotta get those subscriptions up
[Reply]
unlurking 02:21 PM 12-16-2020
That sucks. I was so looking forward to this becoming a franchise. Loved his take on Blade Runner.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:00 PM 12-16-2020
Movies like this were made to be seen at the theater. I for one will be doing that.
[Reply]
sully1983 08:45 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Movies like this were made to be seen at the theater. I for one will be doing that.
Oh without question!

I plan on seeing it opening day in theaters for sure.

Also the latest trailer was masterfully done imo. It laid out a good amount of the plot for the causal movie goer to understand (all while not spoiling anything ).

This looks flat out jaw dropping & incredible that must be seen on in theaters. I have full confidence that Denis Villeneuve will deliver the goods here (there is a reason why the Hollywood Critics Association named him the "filmmaker of the decade". (Prisoners, Enemy, Sicario, Arrival, Blade Runner 2049 etc). Dude is a beast of a director.

Also I predict Jason Momoa (as Duncan Idaho) is going to steal the show. He looks like he was born to play this role Love the part of the trailer where he says "Lets fight like demons". :-)

Can't wait for this shit
[Reply]
Page 6 of 27
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up