ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 14
« First < 289101112 1314 >
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL likely banning hip-drop tackle
Pasta Little Brioni 07:34 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
Gonna repost Chiefzilla's video embedded in case anybody hasn't watched. It's rugby but you can see players who have perfected the art of an intentional "swivel and hop on an opponent's legs" move that is clearly designed to injure. This is what the NFL is trying to get ahead of.

Stop...it's sad
[Reply]
Fishels 11:03 PM 03-25-2024
Following topic
[Reply]
kccrow 02:54 AM 03-26-2024
All the whining in this thread is fucking hilarious. You mean guys actually have to fucking tackle the correct way again? OMG, What will they do?! There's no way players can tackle like they were taught to!

This should have been banned a while ago when it started to get regular use.

For all your bitching, one thing is correct: it takes a tiny bit more effort to take a more proper angle of pursuit and tackle someone with correct form. Some guys might whiff and give up some TDs because of it. Oh fucking well.
[Reply]
KiamaChief 05:14 AM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
All the whining in this thread is ****ing hilarious. You mean guys actually have to ****ing tackle the correct way again? OMG, What will they do?! There's no way players can tackle like they were taught to!

For all your bitching, one thing is correct: it takes a tiny bit more effort to take a more proper angle of pursuit and tackle someone with correct form. Some guys might whiff and give up some TDs because of it. Oh ****ing well.
100%
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 06:33 AM 03-26-2024
All the whining in this thread is ****ing hilarious. You mean guys actually have to ****ing tackle the correct way again? OMG, What will they do?! There's no way players can tackle like they were taught to!

For all your bitching, one thing is correct: it takes a tiny bit more effort to take a more proper angle of pursuit and tackle someone with correct form. Some guys might whiff and give up some TDs because of it. Oh ****ing well.
I can tell you don't play football and probably never have. JJ Watt and many other defensive players would laugh at this post.

Hip drop tackle isn't tackling right because the owners and a bunch of soft fans say it isn't? Ha! Yeah ok....
[Reply]
kccrow 11:12 AM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I can tell you don't play football and probably never have. JJ Watt and many other defensive players would laugh at this post.

Hip drop tackle isn't tackling right because the owners and a bunch of soft fans say it isn't? Ha! Yeah ok....
The people who know me know what level of football I played at chump. The person in this room who hasn't played might just be the one I'm responding to. Your football knowledge is about zero.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:09 PM 03-26-2024
The people who know me know what level of football I played at chump. The person in this room who hasn't played might just be the one I'm responding to. Your football knowledge is about zero.
You're entitled to your opinion.

End of the day the rule is changed and there is nothing I can do about it. It is what it is. I'm just voicing my opinion on here. You don't like it? Oh well.

Injuries are a part of the game. It's unfortunate but it's reality. No one is putting a gun to these guys heads and forcing them to play. Constantly changing the rules to make the game less physical will eventually turn the game into the XFL or arena football league where offenses dominate and defenses are simply an afterthought.

Don't worry the NFL will turn into flag football soon enough. I'm sure you'll be very happy about that.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:19 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
You're entitled to your opinion.

End of the day the rule is changed and there is nothing I can do about it. It is what it is. I'm just voicing my opinion on here. You don't like it? Oh well.

Injuries are a part of the game. It's unfortunate but it's reality. No one is putting a gun to these guys heads and forcing them to play. Constantly changing the rules to make the game less physical will eventually turn the game into the XFL or arena football league where offenses dominate and defenses are simply an afterthought.

Don't worry the NFL will turn into flag football soon enough. I'm sure you'll be very happy about that.
When you're done showing how much you know about football, read my post above.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:39 PM 03-26-2024
Yet...your draft takes suck :-) stop bragging
[Reply]
kccrow 06:01 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Yet...your draft takes suck :-) stop bragging
Aww, one of the primary Lounge morons has come out to play. I've forgotten more about the game than you could acquire in two lifetimes. Run along little bitch.
[Reply]
KiamaChief 05:13 AM 03-26-2024
The Rugby League in Australia banned it a while ago. It made no difference to the game, players got use to the new rules very quickly. NFL players will get use to it as well and it will make little difference. The reaction to a rule intended to protect the players is OTT.
[Reply]
Womble 06:01 AM 03-26-2024
I'd rather the NFL banned hip hop instead.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 06:36 AM 03-26-2024
All these tough as nails alphas mad that they can't watch OTHER guys get their legs broken.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:00 AM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
All these tough as nails alphas mad that they can't watch OTHER guys get their legs broken.
The same guys who are complaining about this new rule change? The NFLPA is 100% against this rule change.
[Reply]
philfree 11:44 AM 03-26-2024
Seems like this will make it more difficult to tackle a ball carrier from behind and from a side angle as well.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 14
« First < 289101112 1314 >
Up