ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 378
« First < 152122232425 262728293575125 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022-2023 NBA Thread***
dirk digler 04:02 PM 10-18-2022
Can't believe the regular season starts tonight. Just seemed like the Finals ended a couple weeks ago.

Philly vs Celtics: 6:30PM CST TNT

GSW vs Lakers: 9:00PM CST TNT
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:09 AM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Well then, you should understand my point then. There is a good amount of people who simply won't entertain the idea that LeBron is the best ever due to his polarizing personality. That isn't fair but it is absolutely accurate.
There's a good amount of people who won't entertain LeBron being the best ever regardless of what his personality is (which, again, is hardly much different than any other superstar ever) and that's always been the real issue.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:17 AM 02-03-2023
I'm also seeing this in tennis right now. The reluctance to call Novak Djokovic the GOAT over Roger Federer or Rafael Nadal despite the numbers because isn't as "likable" or because his personality isn't as palatable for the common fan. Who gives a shit about any of that if the accomplishments are there?
[Reply]
BWillie 12:38 AM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I'm also seeing this in tennis right now. The reluctance to call Novak Djokovic the GOAT over Roger Federer or Rafael Nadal despite the numbers because isn't as "likable" or because his personality isn't as palatable for the common fan. Who gives a shit about any of that if the accomplishments are there?
We shouldn't. I don't. But that is the world we live in. Most do take that into account, not consciously, but it affects who they annoit as great.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:03 AM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
There's a good amount of people who won't entertain LeBron being the best ever regardless of what his personality is (which, again, is hardly much different than any other superstar ever) and that's always been the real issue.
I don't know why you care so much about who people think is the GOAT. You LeBronies are ridiculous. He doesn't even know who you are and you are not a Lakers, Cavs, or Heat fan.

You just making yourself look stupid at this point with all the LeBron posts. You literally ruin this thread with all your LeBron posts. Plenty of other teams and players are having an unbelievable year and you want to talk about LeBron, LeBron, LeBron... Grow up. You're like a little ****ing kid.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 01:08 AM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Good brawl between Cavs and Grizzlies. And guess who started it…. you guessed it scum bad Dillion Brooks. Someone should take a baseball bat to Brooks face

Grizzlies are the Bengal’s of the NBA
I mean…this guys still in the league right?

Brooks may be a piece of shit, but I’m just curious if it pisses you off just as much to have Draymond on your team. He’s widely considered one of the dirtiest players in the league. Do you hate him? Making no excuses for Brooks, you know I hate him. I’m just curious if you hate the style of basketball Draymond plays or if you like it because he’s on your team. I do like Brooks tenacity on defense and I don’t think the Grizzlies have a shot at a title without him simply because he is our best defender.

I’d definitely want to take a baseball bat to Brooks head if he was on any other team but the Grizzlies, but I’d settle for simply being the fan that got to tackle him tonight since he is on my favorite team and we need him.
:-). I have dreams that the Grizzlies trade Brooks for a Tony Allen in his prime and the grindfather comes back to win us a Championship, but I don’t think it’s ever going to happen without time travel actually existing.

Grizzlies are in a tough stretch for sure right now and need to get out of it. Missing some veteran leadership on this team right now.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:15 AM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:

Brooks may be a piece of shit, but I’m just curious if it pisses you off just as much to have Draymond on your team. He’s widely considered one of the dirtiest players in the league. Do you hate him? Making no excuses for Brooks, you know I hate him. I’m just curious if you hate the style of basketball Draymond plays or if you like it because he’s on your team. I do like Brooks tenacity on defense and I don’t think the Grizzlies have a shot at a title without him simply because he is our best defender.

I’d definitely want to take a baseball bat to Brooks head if he was on any other team but the Grizzlies, but I’d settle for simply being the fan that got to tackle him tonight since he is on my favorite team and we need him.
:-). I have dreams that the Grizzlies trade Brooks for a Tony Allen in his prime and the grindfather comes back to win us a Championship, but I don’t think it’s ever going to happen without time travel actually existing.

Grizzlies are in a tough stretch for sure right now and need to get out of it. Missing some veteran leadership on this team right now.
Good point!
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:46 AM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I don't why you care so much about who people think is the GOAT.
On the contrary, I don't care who idiots think is the GOAT in any sport. Most people think Brady is in football and that obviously couldn't be any further from the truth.

Now MJ at least was actually the best player in his sport for a long duration such that he earned that title, but LeBron has since passed him given his ridiculous, unparalled longevity at the top of the game and his breaking of Kareem's scoring record this week is only the latest mark of his status.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:49 AM 02-03-2023

Draymond's always gotten a relative pass for his ridiculous behavior (even and especially from his coach and teammates) because it's in service of winning titles.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:33 AM 02-03-2023

I’d definitely want to take a baseball bat to Brooks head if he was on any other team but the Grizzlies, but I’d settle for simply being the fan that got to tackle him tonight since he is on my favorite team and we need him. :-). I have dreams that the Grizzlies trade Brooks for a Tony Allen in his prime and the grindfather comes back to win us a Championship, but I don’t think it’s ever going to happen without time travel actually existing.

Speaking only for myself I tolerated Draymond's antic's because they were just that antics and they weren't an every game deal. But when he cheap shotted Poole I was done with him and if they had cut him immediately or don't resign him in the off season that would be ok by me.

Right now there is no comparison to the two, Brooks gets in fights pretty much every game now. In fact Draymond is widely respected around the league which is the opposite of Brooks who is widely hated. He thinks he is a tough guy\enforcer but he loses pretty all of them which is hilarious.

As I said the Grizzlies are becoming the Bengals of the NBA, they talk alot but don't ever win anything. As Mahomes said, win and you can talk all you want.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 10:22 AM 02-03-2023
Speaking only for myself I tolerated Draymond's antic's because they were just that antics and they weren't an every game deal. But when he cheap shotted Poole I was done with him and if they had cut him immediately or don't resign him in the off season that would be ok by me.

Right now there is no comparison to the two, Brooks gets in fights pretty much every game now. In fact Draymond is widely respected around the league which is the opposite of Brooks who is widely hated. He thinks he is a tough guy\enforcer but he loses pretty all of them which is hilarious.

As I said the Grizzlies are becoming the Bengals of the NBA, they talk alot but don't ever win anything. As Mahomes said, win and you can talk all you want.
There’s definitely no comparison between the two, that’s for sure, but it’s hilarious that you think it’s because Brooks is worse. Draymond will continue to be the biggest piece of shit in the NBA until Brooks decides to sucker punch one of his own teammates or take an actual blatant below the belt shot like Draymond has done on multiple occasions no one is taking that dirty player belt from Green. I’d also trust Brooks to make a game winning shot way more than I would trust Green to so that says a lot too. I find it funny how blinded Warriors fans are to how worthless Green really is. He’s literally a goon that passes and rebounds well. I think I might even want to take a baseball bat to his head if he was on my team. :-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:38 AM 02-03-2023
There’s definitely no comparison between the two, that’s for sure, but it’s hilarious that you think it’s because Brooks is worse. Draymond will continue to be the biggest piece of shit in the NBA until Brooks decides to sucker punch one of his own teammates or take an actual blatant below the belt shot like Draymond has done on multiple occasions no one is taking that dirty player belt from Green. I’d also trust Brooks to make a game winning shot way more than I would trust Green to so that says a lot too. I find it funny how blinded Warriors fans are to how worthless Green really is. He’s literally a goon that passes and rebounds well. I think I might even want to take a baseball bat to his head if he was on my team. :-)
Currently Brooks is worse but it is close. Draymond was a integral piece of 4 Championships so love or hate Draymond, he is a lock for the HOF.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 11:02 AM 02-03-2023
Currently Brooks is worse but it is close. Draymond was a integral piece of 4 Championships so love or hate Draymond, he is a lock for the HOF.
:-) :-)Someone should tell Horace Grant that’s all it takes. If he makes it in on what he’s done it will kind of ruin the integrity of the hall of fame. He’s still got work to do and he’s not really doing it.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:13 AM 02-03-2023
:-) :-)Someone should tell Horace Grant that’s all it takes. If he makes it in on what he’s done it will kind of ruin the integrity of the hall of fame. He’s still got work to do and he’s not really doing it.
Don't know about a first ballot HOF but he definitely will get in. Basketball HOF is easier to make than the others.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comment...nk_hes_a_lock/
[Reply]
Miles 01:13 PM 02-03-2023
:-) Kyrie is requesting a trade again
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:22 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Miles:
:-) Kyrie is requesting a trade again
If the Lakers get him for Westbrook and picks, they've got a shot this year. Let's hope it happens.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 378
« First < 152122232425 262728293575125 > Last »
Up