« First < 52102142148149150151152 153154155156162 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official College Football 2021 Thread ****
Titty Meat 04:45 PM 08-27-2021
Week 3 schedule

https://fbschedules.com/college-football-schedule/
[Reply]
Rams Fan 02:38 PM 12-04-2021
Originally Posted by EPodolak:
Same as most years, two competitive teams in the playoffs and two that "don't deserve" to be there.
Cincy lost to Georgia on a last second field goal last season…

They, Michigan, Georgia, and Bama(if they win) absolutely deserve it.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 02:40 PM 12-04-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Hope Alabama and Cincinnati take care of business.... it would be a real travesty if Notre Dame got in.
Though it would be hilarious if ND won the title after Kelly left. :-)
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 02:41 PM 12-04-2021
Cincy’s gotta feel good about this game too. No Okie State to possible leap frog them. No way the committee could leap frog ND over them after losing to them earlier.

Cincy now controls their own destiny. No shenanigans. They just have to win to get in now.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:43 PM 12-04-2021
Big question now is if Alabama loses, do they still get in? I wish they would have lost to Auburn which could have made the decision to keep them out easier (assuming they lose to Georgia).
[Reply]
Rams Fan 02:43 PM 12-04-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Big question now is if Alabama loses, do they still get in? I wish they would have lost to Auburn which could have made the decision to keep them out easier (assuming they lose to Georgia).
A 2 loss Alabama shouldn’t get in unless Michigan or Cinci loses.
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:44 PM 12-04-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Michigan is the one I'd most worry about taking care of business. They haven't been consistent this year and Iowa is good enough to beat them if they aren't on top of shit.

As long as Alabama keeps it close, the committee will look at them favorably.
Agreed, but given Iowa is ranked 13th (no matter how right or wrong), I would think Michigan has to lose pretty badly to fall 3 spots and out.

I'm not one for conspiracies and shenanigans, but moving them to #2 was good strategy if the whole thing was about keeping a B1G team in the top 4. Leave Cincinnati at 4, because fuck them if they lose. Keep Alabama at #3 because if they lose to #1, meh, it's easily justifiable to keep them in the top 4. So, move Michigan high enough that it would take a monumental loss to kick them out.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:45 PM 12-04-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Cincy’s gotta feel good about this game too. No Okie State to possible leap frog them. No way the committee could leap frog ND over them after losing to them earlier.

Cincy now controls their own destiny. No shenanigans. They just have to win to get in now.
^ This. For the first time this year, Cincy truly controls their own fate. No chance of anyone jumping above them if they just win.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:46 PM 12-04-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
A 2 loss Alabama shouldn’t get in unless Michigan or Cinci loses.
Agreed, but if they lose it comes down to moving ND in or Alabama.
[Reply]
EPodolak 02:47 PM 12-04-2021
Cincy lost to Georgia on a last second field goal last season…

They, Michigan, Georgia, and Bama(if they win) absolutely deserve it.

I guess.

Most years one or two teams prove to not be at the level of the others. Inevitably those teams are accused of being frauds.

Last year GA didn't make the playoffs...not sure what that has to do with Cincy making it this year.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 02:49 PM 12-04-2021
I guess.

Most years one or two teams prove to not be at the level of the others. Inevitably those teams are accused of being frauds.

Last year GA didn't make the playoffs...not sure what that has to do with Cincy making it this year.
My point is that it’s foolish to discredit Cincy and to think they can’t play with the big boys.
[Reply]
EPodolak 02:52 PM 12-04-2021
My point is that it’s foolish to discredit Cincy and to think they can’t play with the big boys.
Cool..I hope if/when they get blown out people don't blast them. I'd love for parity in the playoffs, but don't blame the lesser teams for showing up if there isn't.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 02:56 PM 12-04-2021
Cool..I hope if/when they get blown out people don't blast them. I'd love for parity in the playoffs, but don't blame the lesser teams for showing up if there isn't.
I think Cincy could beat Michigan.

I don’t think any team’s beating Georgia.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:58 PM 12-04-2021
I think Cincy could beat Michigan.

I don’t think any team’s beating Georgia.
Alabama can, but I truly hope they don't. Until UGA under Smart proves they can beat Saban, the edge still goes to Alabama.
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:02 PM 12-04-2021
Yeah, it's one thing to get up for a game against Notre Dame in the first month of the season, but completely different to do it in the playoffs.

There's a huge reason that Boise State/Oklahoma game lives as the best big bowl upset ever.... it never happens.

It's great Cincinnati has taken care of business and is clearly better than their in-conference competition..... but, just look at the inconsistency of Oklahoma State playing in the Big 12 and not remaining focused after a huge victory, then multiply that for Cincinnati versus Georgia when it really matters.

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:02 PM 12-04-2021
B1G was legit this season…moreso than the SEC.
:-)
[Reply]
Page 152 of 174
« First < 52102142148149150151152 153154155156162 > Last »
Up