ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 16
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Media Center>Spider-Man: No Way Home
Tribal Warfare 08:27 PM 08-23-2021

[Reply]
sully1983 05:20 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Those are some bold words. Endgame was a perfect way to end the Infinity Saga, even if they had to introduce time travel. That was the only way they could make everything work. I also can't think of another movie that had the responsibility of wrapping up a 22 film story arc that lasted more than a decade.

And you're damn right they're pandering to fans. And I don't give a shit. Spider-Man 2 is the greatest super hero movie of all time and I do not care what anyone says. Alfred Molina being back is nothing but good news. Same with Dafoe.
Very good points and it was a comic book movie after all so you're right and probably know more about the stories better than I do so yeah they were going to have to introduce the time travel stuff eventually. I guess I've just never been a fan of time travel used in really any movie I've ever seen (I guess 12 Monkeys would be the only one I can think of that was impressive to me)
And yeah what Feige has pulled off is extremely impressive connecting over 20 MCU movies featuring so many different characters. That is hard as hell to pull off and I respect him for it. (even though I thought a lot of the MCU movies were subpar, same formula and overrated as hell by the general public but I'm glad they have brought joy & entertainment to the masses overall!) Respect. :-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:33 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
*brace for Rausch impact*

Hulk has a bit of the Superman conundrum going on - he just can't be beat. Thanos had the power stone when he Tyson'd him, so I'll accept that, but other than that it had to be a mental block between Hulk and Banner and then a transition to Professor Hulk (the least of the Hulk personas imo) to keep him from just wrecking the story by himself.

It sucks that we'll likely never get World Breaker Hulk, especially after watching him knock a fully powered Surtur back on his heels, but I'm ok with it. Thor is in this category as well, but maybe somehow they'll give us a glimpse of Rune King Thor at some point. :-)
FTR, the MCU stones glow when they're used and the Power Stone didn't glow at all during Thanos' fight with Hulk. He just put a beating on Hulk solo dolo.
[Reply]
unlurking 10:12 AM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Very good points and it was a comic book movie after all so you're right and probably know more about the stories better than I do so yeah they were going to have to introduce the time travel stuff eventually. I guess I've just never been a fan of time travel used in really any movie I've ever seen (I guess 12 Monkeys would be the only one I can think of that was impressive to me)
And yeah what Feige has pulled off is extremely impressive connecting over 20 MCU movies featuring so many different characters. That is hard as hell to pull off and I respect him for it. (even though I thought a lot of the MCU movies were subpar, same formula and overrated as hell by the general public but I'm glad they have brought joy & entertainment to the masses overall!) Respect. :-)
I'm on board with time travel being annoying. It's the easiest MacGuffin and widely overused.

Don't let this stop you watching the Disney+ shows. WandaVision has no time travel and appeals to different people in different ways. Started slow for me, while others absolutely loved the sitcom homage. Loki is just brilliant, both intriguing and full of laughs (Thor may not be a "funny" character, the God of Mischief should be causing chuckles).
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:02 PM 08-29-2021

#SpiderManNoWayHome's placeholder runtime is now listed as 2 hours and 30 minutes, which is notably longer than other fill-in times for upcoming #MCU movies! More runtimes & details: https://t.co/d7cmMl1in4 pic.twitter.com/gVvvyMWdY7

— MCU - The Direct (@MCU_Direct) August 29, 2021

[Reply]
Valiant 02:04 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Marvel and Sony’s biggest fight right now is about Venom, according to rumors, anyway. The word is that’s why Sony backed out of their agreement with Marvel because they wouldn’t include Venom in Spidey 3. Word is that Marvel was… less than impressed.. with this incarnation of Venom.
I am glad others think so as well. Venom the movie was stupid. Hardy did a horrible job.
[Reply]
Valiant 02:10 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Garfield doesn't really register with me as Spiderman. Meh oh well...guess I should sit down and watch those movies.

It would be funny if they all 3 did that meme cartoon where they're all pointing at each other.
I would be shocked if they didn't do it.
[Reply]
sully1983 04:39 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by unlurking:
I'm on board with time travel being annoying. It's the easiest MacGuffin and widely overused.

Don't let this stop you watching the Disney+ shows. WandaVision has no time travel and appeals to different people in different ways. Started slow for me, while others absolutely loved the sitcom homage. Loki is just brilliant, both intriguing and full of laughs (Thor may not be a "funny" character, the God of Mischief should be causing chuckles).
Yeah I've only heard and read great things regarding WandaVision. The guy that directed that series is set to direct the new Star Trek sequel. I will eventually get around to seeing that series sometime cause Elizabeth Olsen is a talented & beautiful actress (Captain America agrees with me)

[Reply]
Skyy God 06:01 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Yeah I've only heard and read great things regarding WandaVision. The guy that directed that series is set to direct the new Star Trek sequel. I will eventually get around to seeing that series sometime cause Elizabeth Olsen is a talented & beautiful actress (Captain America agrees with me)
Boobs are undefeated
[Reply]
Aries Walker 06:36 PM 08-29-2021
Vision has no problem resisting the glance, because Vision always remembers that Vision is married to Jennifer Connelly.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:00 PM 08-30-2021

Another #Sony copyright takedown of a supposedly leaked set photo from #SpiderManNoWayHome has lent further credence to #TobeyMaguire & #AndrewGarfield's appearances in the movie! Details: https://t.co/4piNH2kP32 pic.twitter.com/gCWCjCzk8n

— MCU - The Direct (@MCU_Direct) August 31, 2021

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:27 PM 08-31-2021
They had to throttle some of the characters, or else Thanos without the Gauntlet would have been toast. Thor, Dr. Strange, Captain Marvel and Professor Hulk would have ripped apart Thanos and his horde by themselves if they all hadn't been nerfed in some way. The Black Order would have been trouble, but hey, here's literally every other character to deal with them.

Infinity War and Endgame were as close to perfect as they could have given those stories while wrapping up the entirety of the Infinity Saga.
They've underpowered Thor from the beginning, so it shouldn't be surprising that they continued to do it. And Hulk has always been a problem creature to slot amongst the greats, partly because his powers get varied so much.
[Reply]
Rausch 05:23 PM 09-01-2021
*brace for Rausch impact*

Hulk has a bit of the Superman conundrum going on - he just can't be beat. Thanos had the power stone when he Tyson'd him, so I'll accept that, but other than that it had to be a mental block between Hulk and Banner and then a transition to Professor Hulk (the least of the Hulk personas imo) to keep him from just wrecking the story by himself.

It sucks that we'll likely never get World Breaker Hulk, especially after watching him knock a fully powered Surtur back on his heels, but I'm ok with it.
I overall liked his Banner but they shit the bed on Professor Hulk. I could probably post 100 meme-worthy bits/splash pages from that run that Disney's Marvel could have played into.

And Thanos has taken down Hulk solo in the past. It depends which version but Prof-Hulk's strength grew so slowly he could have taken him. Personally I'll always wonder what could have been because Ed Norton is not only an awesome actor but actually looks like Banner. Hell, I'd love them to do the McFarlane Grey Hulk that had elements of horror in it. He was truly monstrous looking.

[Reply]
sully1983 10:12 PM 09-01-2021
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I overall liked his Banner but they shit the bed on Professor Hulk. I could probably post 100 meme-worthy bits/splash pages from that run that Disney's Marvel could have played into.

Personally I'll always wonder what could have been because Ed Norton is not only an awesome actor but actually looks like Banner. Hell, I'd love them to do the McFarlane Grey Hulk that had elements of horror in it. He was truly monstrous looking.

]
Edward Norton is definitely an awesome actor but its too bad he's known to be an all around smug prick & difficult to work with. I'm not surprised he wasn't brought back. He's just not worth the hassle and headache. Also, his acting career has pretty much flat lined as of late. He should be thankful that Wes Anderson still casts him in his films in supporting roles because that seems like the only director willing to work with them days. What a waste of talent.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:13 PM 09-01-2021
There's rumors this could get delayed to 2022.
[Reply]
Aries Walker 10:18 PM 09-01-2021
Originally Posted by Rausch:

And Thanos has taken down Hulk solo in the past. It depends which version but Prof-Hulk's strength grew so slowly he could have taken him. Personally I'll always wonder what could have been because Ed Norton is not only an awesome actor but actually looks like Banner. Hell, I'd love them to do the McFarlane Grey Hulk that had elements of horror in it. He was truly monstrous looking.
That's kind of an intrinsic problem with the superhero genre; the power levels of the characters vary wildly as the character is passed to a succession of writers over a half century and counting. I mean, Havok took down the Hulk solo as well and left him for dead in the desert, but I doubt anyone will put him in the top power tier.

The characters are never going to translate directly from the comics to the movies. I usually don't have a problem with it as long as they don't throw away intriguing characters as forgettable fan service (Angel, Emma Frost) or bad jokes (Shatterstar), or let some comics-illiterate movie executive warp them into something unrecognizable and awful (Dr. Doom).
[Reply]
Page 5 of 16
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up