ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3497 of 3903
« First < 2497299733973447348734933494349534963497 3498349935003501350735473597 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 05:59 PM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
It’s basically still like the west coast was last April but even worse. Everything is closed. They even have areas taped off in Walmart to only allow you to buy food basically. I tried to buy a notebook but it wasn’t essential.
Do they even have TP?
[Reply]
Monticore 06:52 PM 05-12-2021
Not sure how carrying a notebook is weird. I typically carry one with me around the hospital I’m working to jot notes down because pen and paper has been our most reliable source of documentation since mankind started figuring this shit out. It wasn’t the end of the world since I can steal paper from any printer in the hospital and write notes on that, it was really just a side purchase while I was forced into buying food from there because it was the only place I could find that was open at 9:30 on a Thursday night.

I’ve been traveling around nonstop through all of this COVID stuff and the restrictions up here are similar only to my visit to Hawaii last April when this was all just starting. I was simply saying that it sucks and pointing out reasons why it does. In the states we’re not back to normal but I think a ton of people would be absolutely livid if they were still having to deal with these types of restrictions. I know most of the hospital and hotel staff I’ve talked to this week are pretty sick of it as well. Seems like it’s been just a jumbled mess with the whole vaccine rollout and closures.

Sorry for wanting paper and a better life for you all. I really hope it gets better up here soon. I used to love coming up here for work.
Lol sorry I just thought you were referring to a laptop, and shopping for electronics at Walmart is not something you tend to see on an itinerary when visiting another country , I thought there might be an interesting story behind how yours got destroyed .

The lockdowns do suck and it could have been handled better for sure , it isn’t as bad where I am ( we have 7 active cases In Whole district) and we are surrounded by open spaces and parks and can’t use them , last year they kep t us open while just closing hot spots and that just caused a lot of issues with people traveling to open areas which just makes things worse.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:46 PM 05-12-2021
I grew up in the 90’s before cell phones so I think we may just have a different opinion on which is more reliable and convenient. If I ever get too lazy to jot notes down on a piece of paper just ship me to Canada to live in quarantine for the rest of my days. It’s over for me anyways.
Not sure putting info in your phone is considered lazy , it probably takes more effort than your notes , I guess paper in the US is indestructible and never gets lost or misplaced.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:24 PM 05-12-2021
Canada has the best notebooks. The lines are spaced in metric, and once you try that you'll never go back.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:37 PM 05-12-2021
The state of Ohio will be awarding $1 million prizes to five vaccinated people. It's an interesting use of federal covid funds.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/ohio-give-...ry?id=77656133
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:51 PM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Canada has the best notebooks. The lines are spaced in metric, and once you try that you'll never go back.
Yeah until you bring them back into the USA and suddenly the spacing is 3.28084 which really sucks.
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 03:18 AM 05-13-2021
Just got my first Pfizer shot yesterday. Didn't think I'd be getting vaxed up any time soon so that was a nice surprise.

A little tired today and my left arm is a bit sore, but nothing too bad at all.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:36 AM 05-13-2021
It’s basically still like the west coast was last April but even worse. Everything is closed. They even have areas taped off in Walmart to only allow you to buy food basically. I tried to buy a notebook but it wasn’t essential. The place is a joke. They don’t give a shit if you’re vaccinated or not. I’m luckily exempt from the 14 day mandatory quarantine of being stuck in a hotel. I think I would have lost my mind. Trying to schedule a test to get back to the states is difficult and expensive. A lot of the essential workers I spoke with this week still haven’t gotten their vaccines yet because it’s been terribly organized from what they are saying. Basically God Bless the USA!
I was talking to some people I work with that are in Canada and they said they might be locked down in Toronto into the first week of June. If they can get the first dose of the vaccine, they have to wait 2 or 3 months until they get he second one. They just don't have the supply that we have here in the US.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:38 AM 05-13-2021
Anti-Vax University? Stanford says fully-vaccinated students must be tested for COVID-19 twice a week!

Since March 2020, all students, faculty, and staff at Stanford have had to undergo regular COVID-19 testing: undergraduate and graduate students twice a week, and faculty whenever they visit campus. But starting May 2nd, graduate students have had to test only once a week, and testing for faculty/staff/postdoctoral researchers was made optional.

As for undergraduates, Stanford leaders wrote: “We’re asking for the continued partnership of our undergraduates in doing twice-weekly testing at this time.” There is no exception for vaccinated students.

https://stanfordreview.org/anti-vax-...rd-test-covid/
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:02 AM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Anti-Vax University? Stanford says fully-vaccinated students must be tested for COVID-19 twice a week!

Since March 2020, all students, faculty, and staff at Stanford have had to undergo regular COVID-19 testing: undergraduate and graduate students twice a week, and faculty whenever they visit campus. But starting May 2nd, graduate students have had to test only once a week, and testing for faculty/staff/postdoctoral researchers was made optional.

As for undergraduates, Stanford leaders wrote: “We’re asking for the continued partnership of our undergraduates in doing twice-weekly testing at this time.” There is no exception for vaccinated students.

https://stanfordreview.org/anti-vax-...rd-test-covid/
That is absolutely fucking moronic.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:05 AM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
That is absolutely ****ing moronic.
It is?
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:11 AM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
It is?
You think it's sound practice for Stanford to continue testing people weekly that have already been vaccinated?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:14 AM 05-13-2021
You think it's sound practice for Stanford to continue testing people weekly that have already been vaccinated?
Vaccination doesn't prevent transmission.
[Reply]
TLO 10:14 AM 05-13-2021
7 Yankees Players that were fully vaccinated tested positive recently!

Of course 6 of them were completely asymptomatic...
[Reply]
TLO 10:14 AM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Vaccination doesn't prevent transmission.
Link? Proof?
[Reply]
Page 3497 of 3903
« First < 2497299733973447348734933494349534963497 3498349935003501350735473597 > Last »
Up