ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 39
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Media Center>Robert Pattinson... is Batman.
Mephistopheles Janx 11:06 PM 05-16-2019
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/r...cs-1203125473/

Fucking hell... DC is garbage.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:15 AM 08-23-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
With all the goons in clown makeup despite the main villains seemingly being Riddler and Penguin and the dark story and Batman being on the younger side wonder if it's set in the same universe as Joakim Phoenix's Joker.
I believe they’re Penguin’s goons.
[Reply]
cabletech94 10:16 AM 08-23-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
My take, that scene was really really good. Cat woman scene looked good.

Car looks bad, emo Bruce looks bad. Dude looks like he should be in a my chemical romance video.

i immediately thought the crow reincarnate. but thats just me. seems solid.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:36 AM 08-23-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I believe they’re Penguin’s goons.
Those smiles via makeup look 100% Joker, though.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:56 AM 08-23-2020
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Fuck Jonah Hill. That ugly fat POS was wanting $10 million to be the Riddler. Dano is superior in every way imo.

https://geektyrant.com/news/jonah-hi...king-half-that
That is crazy demand. You'd think Pattinson would get more but idk how this works reading that article
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:59 AM 08-23-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
With all the goons in clown makeup despite the main villains seemingly being Riddler and Penguin and the dark story and Batman being on the younger side wonder if it's set in the same universe as Joakim Phoenix's Joker.
Reeves said it's in it's own universe do probably not. I do agree it had that Joker feel to it
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:17 AM 08-23-2020
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
That is crazy demand. You'd think Pattinson would get more but idk how this works reading that article
Pattinson is an unproven commodity in adult oriented films, especially to American audiences and a film that skews male, so most likely, he's taking a percentage of the backend and a smaller fee upfront.

Guys like Jonah Hill, who are established, veteran actors of multiple "winning" feature films don't need to sacrifice their careers for a role, which is what Hill would be doing if he lowered his salary for this film.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:20 AM 08-23-2020
Looks below avg trailer
[Reply]
Frazod 11:23 AM 08-23-2020
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
i immediately thought the crow reincarnate. but thats just me. seems solid.
It's not just you. I got a Crow vibe from it as well.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:32 AM 08-23-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Looks below avg trailer
Lol wut?

The trailer is fantastic and they’ve only shot 25% of the movie.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:11 PM 08-23-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Lol wut?

The trailer is fantastic and they’ve only shot 25% of the movie.
He’s an idiot that hates all comic book movies.
[Reply]
Cheater5 12:20 PM 08-23-2020
Haven't seen any superhero movies outside of the first Ironman and Logan (I have seen Joker- but I don't think that counts).

This trailer looks like a fresh take, and I'm highly interested.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:22 PM 08-23-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Pattinson is an unproven commodity in adult oriented films, especially to American audiences and a film that skews male, so most likely, he's taking a percentage of the backend and a smaller fee upfront.

Guys like Jonah Hill, who are established, veteran actors of multiple "winning" feature films don't need to sacrifice their careers for a role, which is what Hill would be doing if he lowered his salary for this film.
Ahh gotcha...

Guess it makes sense then. Pattinson I have a feeling will become a known real soon.
[Reply]
sully1983 12:33 PM 08-23-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
:-)

Matt Reeves, the film's director and screenwriter, has a great track record of successful films, from Cloverfield to the Planet of the Apes films and Batman films have been proven winners.

So why should Jonah Hill take less than his Quote for a film that's going to probably earn hundreds of millions of dollars for Warner Brothers? If he does take less, then moving forward, that's what he's worth because that's how Hollywood works.

How would he benefit from taking less money?
Dane I hear ya man (and I love Matt Reeves' films) but I just can't stand Hill and his whole annoying schtick. I get you know Hollywood waaaay better than me or others on here but correct me if I'm wrong, a $10 million price tag would be more than what Pattinson is getting.
Again, maybe I just have an irrational hatred towards Jonah Hill. IMO Dano is the superior actor (killed it in There Will Be Blood & that Beach Boys film)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:42 PM 08-23-2020
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Dane I hear ya man (and I love Matt Reeves' films) but I just can't stand Hill and his whole annoying schtick. I get you know Hollywood waaaay better than me or others on here but correct me if I'm wrong, a $10 million price tag would be more than what Pattinson is getting.
Again, maybe I just have an irrational hatred towards Jonah Hill. IMO Dano is the superior actor (killed it in There Will Be Blood & that Beach Boys film)
The point I think you're missing is that it would have negatively affected Jonah Hill's career had he taken less for this film than he would have for any other film.

Pattinson isn't a proven commodity, so it only makes sense that he would take less money upfront while taking a percentage of the gross, which is likely to exceed $10 million when it's all said and done.
[Reply]
Sorry 12:51 PM 08-23-2020
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Reeves said it's in it's own universe do probably not. I do agree it had that Joker feel to it
I can't see phoenix doing another Joker or running as the joker for several movies, but would be an amazing surprise if they somehow got him to do it for a movie or two.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 39
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up