ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 35
« First < 192526272829 30313233 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Melvin Ingram signs with Dolphins
ShowtimeSBMVP 02:33 PM 05-15-2022

Breaking: FA DE Melvin Ingram is signing with the #Dolphins, per source.

The 3x Pro Bowler has 51 career sacks with 74 TFLs and 119 QB hits. Another good move for Chris Grier and the Phins.

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) May 15, 2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:25 AM 05-17-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
So....."go away and don't speak of your opinion"?
I should probably sit the next few plays out so I don’t get in the way of enthralling dialogue over masturbatory roasted tubers.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:48 AM 05-17-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I should probably sit the next few plays out so I don’t get in the way of enthralling dialogue over masturbatory roasted tubers.
Tuesdays are for dropping carbo-loads.
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:01 AM 05-17-2022
I wish he'd have come back, and while he did make a difference and was a good player for us, I think his contribution to last season has been a little bit overstated.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:07 AM 05-17-2022
Yeah. Very true. Not so much not doing as much as not trying. But they've put some moderately high resources into the DL. Reed last year, some 3rd rounders etc.

Just not alot to show.
K-Pass and Speaks are interesting demonstrations because they do kinda show that the Chiefs are attacking from all directions.

I mean strictly as prospects go, you couldn't get much different than those 2. One was an Adonis with limited productivity at a small school. The other was a fat shit. One was a guy who won on strength and you hoped you could coach technique. The other was a fat shit.

One guy was clearly someone who's ceiling was incredibly appealing and had the same kind of profile as someone like, say, Kaindoh. The other...was a fat shit.

So credit to the Chiefs - they ARE taking varied approaches here.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:10 AM 05-17-2022
I'd imagine Oweh and Ojulari are very similar prospect wise to Karlaftis. Which again, isn't bad at all. Good players.

But finding a great pass rusher in the late first just isn't likely to happen.

You can continue to win and be successful this way for sure, but you're leaning hard into developing traits from guys who aren't as polished later in the draft. And as DJ and I discussed, this regime isn't very good at that from a DE/DL perspective thus far.
You’re completely talking out of your ass.

Since Oweh, Ojulari, and Karlaftis aren’t great players today you get to pretend like they can’t be.

Oweh in particular has ridiculous upside, and he hasn’t even scratched the surface.

The Ravens drafted Judon on day 3, Smith on day 3 too, and they turned out to be great players.

Oweh has more upside than both of those guys.

Trey Hendrickson was drafted on day 2 and has turned into a great player. His physical/athletic profile is very similar to Karlaftis.

Ojulari had 8 sacks as a rookie, and absolutely looks like he has the upside to be a double digit sack guy.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 10:15 AM 05-17-2022
Yeah. Very true. Not so much not doing as much as not trying. But they've put some moderately high resources into the DL. Reed last year, some 3rd rounders etc.

Just not alot to show.
:-)
[Reply]
staylor26 10:23 AM 05-17-2022
Side note:

The way O.city clings to DJ like a fucking remora will always be hilarious to me.
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:23 AM 05-17-2022
Players at the top now

TJ Watt - Round 1, Pick 30
Quinn - Round 1, Pick 14
Nick Bosa - Round 1, Pick 2
Aaron Donald - Round 1, Pick 13
Trey Hendrickson - Round 3
Haason Reddick - Round 1, Pick 13
Zadarius Smith - Round 4

So there is variability among the elite at least

I would like to see an analysis of every draft position in recent times which has produced a player with 10 career sacks, 20 career sacks, etc.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:27 AM 05-17-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You’re completely talking out of your ass.

Since Oweh, Ojulari, and Karlaftis aren’t great players today you get to pretend like they can’t be.

Oweh in particular has ridiculous upside, and he hasn’t even scratched the surface.

The Ravens drafted Judon on day 3, Smith on day 2, and they turned out to be great players.

Oweh has more upside than both of those guys.

Trey Hendrickson was drafted on day 3 and has turned into a great player. His physical/athletic profile is very similar to Karlaftis.

Ojulari had 8 sacks as a rookie, and absolutely looks like he has the upside to be a double digit sack guy.
"Isn't likely" /= "can't"

How many DL were taken in the back of the 1st/front half of the 2nd last year?

Looks like about 10 from Paye to Odeyingbo. I mean how many 'great' prospects to do you see in that spread?

I think there are some guys who are likely to be pretty good. Honestly I wouldn't say any of them are 'likely' to be great. Ojulari probably has the highest ceiling. Maybe Oweh. Maybe Paye. But do I see any of those guys as 'likely' double-digit sack players long-term? Eh, not really. I mean if you let me take the field I'd say one of them likely would be. But again - those aren't great odds and I don't think any one of them specifically are a great bet there.

It's all about odds and large numbers. The odds of getting an impact player there aren't great. But again - I don't even care. I can live with 4 high-quality players on the DL. As it stands right now, I see half that. And given development curves, attacking it this year more aggressively would've paid off w/ a more open draft board next year (whereas I still think the Chiefs will need to be aggressive in addressing DL in the draft next season at this point).
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:29 AM 05-17-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
Players at the top now

TJ Watt - Round 1, Pick 30
Quinn - Round 1, Pick 14
Nick Bosa - Round 1, Pick 2
Aaron Donald - Round 1, Pick 13
Trey Hendrickson - Round 3
Haason Reddick - Round 1, Pick 13
Zadarius Smith - Round 4

So there is variability among the elite at least

I would like to see an analysis of every draft position in recent times which has produced a player with 10 career sacks, 20 career sacks, etc.
Sure. But 4 of those guys were taken in the first 15 picks of the draft.

the other 3 covered all 200+ that came thereafter.

So again - tell me how the odds don't diminish SUBSTANTIALLY when you're talking about finding impact pass rushers late in the draft...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:29 AM 05-17-2022
Side note:

The way O.city clings to DJ like a fucking remora will always be hilarious to me.
You've been hogging all the room on Veach's nuts so where else could he go?
[Reply]
staylor26 10:32 AM 05-17-2022
It wasn’t likely that Mahomes was going to be the best QB in the NFL, and possibly ever, and make it to 10.

It wasn’t likely that Tyreek Hill was going to be a 5’9” WR drafted in the 5th round playing WR for like 2 years and be the best WR in the NFL.

It wasn’t likely that Travis Kelce was going to be the best TE in the NFL and one of the best ever.

It wasn’t likely that Justin Houston was going to be a great pass rusher drafted in the 3rd round (even without the weed thing, he’s a late 1st at best).

It wasn’t likely that a guy with Tamba Hali’s athletic profile was going to be a great pass rusher.

It wasn’t likely that Judon, Smith, or Hendrickson were going to be great pass rushers.

I really don’t give a fuck what you all deem as “unlikely” because it really doesn’t mean anything.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:33 AM 05-17-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
You've been hogging all the room on Veach's nuts so where else could he go?
Oh I don’t expect anything less.

I’ve been very reasonable when discussing Veach with you in this thread, but since you want to go there let’s go there DJ.

You aren’t half as smart as you think you are. Never have been. Never will be.

Veach is 10x better at what he does than you would ever be, and your constant pretending otherwise is laughable.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:37 AM 05-17-2022
It wasn’t likely that Mahomes was going to be the best QB in the NFL, and possibly ever, and make it to 10.

It wasn’t likely that Tyreek Hill was going to be a 5’9” WR drafted in the 5th round playing WR for like 2 years and be the best WR in the NFL.

It wasn’t likely that Travis Kelce was going to be the best TE in the NFL and one of the best ever.

It wasn’t likely that Justin Houston was going to be a great pass rusher drafted in the 3rd round (even without the weed thing, he’s a late 1st at best).

It wasn’t likely that a guy with Tamba Hali’s athletic profile was going to be a great pass rusher.

It wasn’t likely that Judon, Smith, or Hendrickson were going to be great pass rushers.

I really don’t give a fuck what you all deem as “unlikely” because it really doesn’t mean anything.
You cite Mahomes and I think QB is perfectly demonstrative of the point.

Hell, it's not 'likely' that any QB taken anywhere is going to be an upper echelon guy. It's just the nature of the beast.

And what did those of us that were banging on the drum for a QB for years saying? The odds don't mean shit if you don't make an effort. And in the end, if you fail, you try again. And you keep shooting your shot until you hit.

Ultimately it became moot when our first shot was a dagger from 24 feet. But if it didn't work, I wouldn't have said "hey, finding a QB is hard - don't try".

I'd have said to get back on the horse and try again. And until you get it right, you keep attacking it.

I look at this DL and man, it sure doesn't look to me like they've 'got it right' - would you disagree?

It's just awfully strange to me how the draft forum had a pretty damn near universal consensus that this was an awfully good draft to attack our biggest weakness and use the Bills 2021 draft approach to goose the DL with talent.

Then we didn't do it and suddenly "eh, that's fine...."

Curious how that tends to work out with some folks.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:39 AM 05-17-2022
If they didn’t go DL in the 1st fucking round you might have a point.

I wanted them to take 2 DEs and they took one.

I’m not going to cry about it for the next year like you. I fully understand that next year they will invest more high draft picks into the DL.

If next year comes around and they don’t, then I’ll be right there with you.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 35
« First < 192526272829 30313233 > Last »
Up