View Poll Results: Who wins the AFC West division this year
Chiefs come back and win 101 75.94%
Chargers Win 13 9.77%
Broncos Win 1 0.75%
Raiders Win 18 13.53%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll
Page 10 of 14
« First < 678910 11121314 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you think we still win the division?
TribalElder 03:05 PM 09-26-2021

currently 1-2 and in last place as of Sept 26, 2021

do you think the Chiefs still win the AFC West this year?
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:50 PM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
For Pittsburgh, you might recall the last time KC played in Pittsburgh, they almost got to a 35-0 lead and barely walked out of there with a win. Pitt roasted KC's defense to catch up and ultimately get within one score. If KC doesnt get to get a 4-5 TD lead in their next game, I dont like the potential outcome.

As for NYG, KC has won like 2-3 times in NY since the 60's...they always play their worst games in NY. Dont know why, but since this team has shown no ability to blow teams out, I figure he chances of a loss in NY likely.

Frankly, they could lose to the Wooft...but I'm not willing to go that far.
We just blew out the Eagles today. :-)

4 games in but it sounds like the season is over for you. Maybe listening to too much Petro and Adam Teicher? Best wishes.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:54 PM 10-03-2021
I would agree...that and a defense that cannot stop anyone.
It's week 4. Not overly concerned.....yet. We were better the last two years and we still have a majority of our better players. We didn't lose anyone of significance this year, so we will see. I just know that if we don't make so many silly mistakes on offense and turn it over like we did we are 4-0.
[Reply]
KCTitus 09:54 PM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
We just blew out the Eagles today. :-)

4 games in but it sounds like the season is over for you. Maybe listening to too much Petro and Adam Teicher? Best wishes.
'blew out'...is a relative term and if you want to call what you saw a 'blow out', I'm not going to convince you otherwise.

Didnt say the season is over, I said the team playing the way it is shows me nothing to indicate SB caliber and frankly more frustrating losses.

I dont know what a Petro is and never heard or read Adam Teicher...just my watching this team for 30 years...this team has a SB hangover and it's evident.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:55 PM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by cdcox:
if the defense can play “average”, we can run with anyone.
Not even average... they were on track to beat the Ravens despite the 36 points allowed. CEH doesn't fumble and take off a TD from the Chargers to win that game and they're 4-0 while allowing 29.5 points per game.

There's really no evidence that the offense has to be near perfect and commit zero turnovers or else they're in danger of losing to one of several teams on their schedule.

Of course, it needs to improve come playoff time, yet they've already beaten one of the best teams in the AFC and should have won a 2nd.
[Reply]
KCTitus 09:59 PM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
It's week 4. Not overly concerned.....yet. We were better the last two years and we still have a majority of our better players. We didn't lose anyone of significance this year, so we will see. I just know that if we don't make so many silly mistakes on offense and turn it over like we did we are 4-0.
I appreciate your optimism...it's funny for the better part of 20 years on this forum, the season was over after the first preseason game and I used to rage at the posters who had given up already, and yet here I am...on the other end of that spectrum.

I am really disappointed in the team this far in the season. It is only week 4, but there is no indication, like the years before, that this team has the ability to dominate a game and dictate to the other team.

It's most frustrating as you note that KC has not lost key talent. I mean, WTF happened...why has the defense regressed to the 2003 version so quickly.

I agree, they're 3 plays from 4-0...but yet here they are 2-2/
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:02 PM 10-03-2021
'blew out'...is a relative term and if you want to call what you saw a 'blow out', I'm not going to convince you otherwise.

Didnt say the season is over, I said the team playing the way it is shows me nothing to indicate SB caliber and frankly more frustrating losses.

I dont know what a Petro is and never heard or read Adam Teicher...just my watching this team for 30 years...this team has a SB hangover and it's evident.
Last year they weren't beating teams by enough.

In 2019, they were 6-4 with that ugly loss against the Titans in November.

In 2018, the defense sucked.

And I guess our spoiled asses can point to "only" one Super Bowl victory in that time along with hosting 3 AFCCGs and winning 2... guess I just don't understand why people choose pessimism over optimism with this team after decades of no hope at all.
[Reply]
KCTitus 10:03 PM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
...Of course, it needs to improve come playoff time, yet they've already beaten one of the best teams in the AFC and should have won a 2nd.
Of course! I mean what is this teams goal? If they limp into the playoffs playing this kind of shit football, they dont move forward. THAT's my point!
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:08 PM 10-03-2021
Of course! I mean what is this teams goal? If they limp into the playoffs playing this kind of shit football, they dont move forward. THAT's my point!
Eh, at minimum we're probably still talking about the AFCCG... and like I said, they don't have to be top 15 or top 20 or top 25, they just have to be better than complete shit and they're competing for another SB victory.

That's what happened in 2018.
[Reply]
KCTitus 10:10 PM 10-03-2021
Last year they weren't beating teams by enough.

In 2019, they were 6-4 with that ugly loss against the Titans in November.

In 2018, the defense sucked.

And I guess our spoiled asses can point to "only" one Super Bowl victory in that time along with hosting 3 AFCCGs and winning 2... guess I just don't understand why people choose pessimism over optimism with this team after decades of no hope at all.
Maybe we are spoiled...dunno...it has been a great run so far.

I've watched this team suck the ever lasting suck year after year after year for the better part of 30 years. I've watched absolutely soul crushing playoff losses and stuck around. Forgive me if my PTSD as a Chiefs fan causes me to pause and think that this team might be regressing slightly.

I think I'm entitled to at least say that this defense looks eerily similar to one that we saw in 2003. It fucking horrible and there's no indication of anything changing.

I want the team to make another run, but if they make Jalen Hurts look like Johnny Unitas, they've got problems.
[Reply]
KCTitus 10:13 PM 10-03-2021
Eh, at minimum we're probably still talking about the AFCCG... and like I said, they don't have to be top 15 or top 20 or top 25, they just have to be better than complete shit and they're competing for another SB victory.

That's what happened in 2018.
Given this team's performance thus far, I would be ecstatic with that. So far, they've been complete shit on defense...especially redzone. If that doesnt change, I fail to see how KC makes it to the AFCCG.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:14 PM 10-03-2021
I appreciate your optimism...it's funny for the better part of 20 years on this forum, the season was over after the first preseason game and I used to rage at the posters who had given up already, and yet here I am...on the other end of that spectrum.

I am really disappointed in the team this far in the season. It is only week 4, but there is no indication, like the years before, that this team has the ability to dominate a game and dictate to the other team.

It's most frustrating as you note that KC has not lost key talent. I mean, WTF happened...why has the defense regressed to the 2003 version so quickly.

I agree, they're 3 plays from 4-0...but yet here they are 2-2/
I wish I knew why they dropped so much. All I can think of is Jones playing out of position and players not executing like they should. I fully expect Veach to go hard on defense and War this offseason.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:15 PM 10-03-2021
Given this team's performance thus far, I would be ecstatic with that. So far, they've been complete shit on defense...especially redzone. If that doesnt change, I fail to see how KC makes it to the AFCCG.
They can outscore anyone. That's why they can make the AFCCG.
[Reply]
KCTitus 10:19 PM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I wish I knew why they dropped so much. All I can think of is Jones playing out of position and players not executing like they should. I fully expect Veach to go hard on defense and War this offseason.
:-) Lets hope...is it as easy to rebuild a D as it is an OL? Got to say, that OL is coming around. They really looked good against Philly. Keep that up and they're playing Gunther Cunningham football...well at least half anyway, running the ball and playing defense.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:39 PM 10-03-2021
In Baltimore, they were on cruise control throughout much of the 2nd half. They seemed content with a double digit lead, both players and coaches. When the lead unexpectedly slipped away, they got serious again and began to methodically slice down the field on the final drive for the win. Then the unlikely fumble.

Last week, I think most of us agree that if you take away two or three careless mistakes, they win comfortably. Hell, if you just take away the questionable 4th down penalty, they probably win.

4-0 vs a tough schedule would have everybody feeling good about this team, regardless of defensive flaws. Obviously, these things happened and they didn't get it done, but history tells us that those problems aren't likely to continue. The offense generally closes games out well and mistakes are uncommon.

To lose the turnover battle 4-0 but still be in a position to beat a quality QB like Herbert was pretty impressive, to be honest.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:06 PM 10-03-2021
:-) Lets hope...is it as easy to rebuild a D as it is an OL? Got to say, that OL is coming around. They really looked good against Philly. Keep that up and they're playing Gunther Cunningham football...well at least half anyway, running the ball and playing defense.
He could by using the draft and the money freed from Clark, Reed, Hitchens, and Sorenson hopefully all being gone. The line, outside of Niang has looked pretty good so far.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 14
« First < 678910 11121314 >
Up