ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 106 of 352
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110116156206 > Last »
Hall of Classics>***** Official '21/'22 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 07:32 AM 06-28-2021
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
BWillie 02:09 PM 02-12-2022
Clemence is going to have a coming out party ala Cole Aldrich in 2008 in the NCAA tournament.
[Reply]
Pablo 02:09 PM 02-12-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Clemence is going to have a coming out party ala Cole Aldrich in 2008 in the NCAA tournament.
I could definitely get behind this.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:16 PM 02-12-2022
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Yeah, just fucking hit your FT's. Goddamn.
I thought for sure that Groves would go for the win on a deep 3 at the end
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:18 PM 02-12-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
He definitely earned it today.

He’s the only guy that was able to slow down Groves. He also offers a threat from 3 out of the 5. Seems to be a pretty instinctual rebounder too.

I’d love to see him at least be the first big off the bench.

Considering it only ended up a 2 point game, we probably don’t win without him today.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:25 PM 02-12-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
He definitely earned it today.

He’s the only guy that was able to slow down Groves. He also offers a threat from 3 out of the 5. Seems to be a pretty instinctual rebounder too.

I’d love to see him at least be the first big off the bench.

Considering it only ended up a 2 point game, we probably don’t win without him today.
Look at his FT attempts per minute too. Its mind boggling.
[Reply]
Al Czervik 02:52 PM 02-12-2022
Originally Posted by DJay23:
I'll always root for KU to win but games like this and the Texas game don't give me much confidence in our March prospects.
Below average Defense and below average FT shooting wont help them.
I think this is a S16 team. HCBS is master motivator, and I hope I am wrong, but
I just see too many weaknesses for this to be a F4 team.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:01 PM 02-12-2022
Originally Posted by Al Czervik:
I think this is a S16 team. HCBS is master motivator, and I hope I am wrong, but
The other way of looking at it is that we still haven’t really seen this team’s peak yet.

Braun and Wilson are rounding into form, and they’ve been great lately. McCormack has been alright at times. When he’s hitting the glass consistently, he does provide some value.

Clemence brings an element we haven’t had all year. Remy is still out too. He could be this year’s Malik Newman.

If the pieces come together at the right time, this team can make a Final Four. And you never know from there.

If they don’t, a second round exit is absolutely possible depending on our draw.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 03:05 PM 02-12-2022
Yeah, just ****ing hit your FT's. Goddamn.
Dude out FTs are reaching 08 Memphis level.

We lost the Texas game because of it and almost lost this one because of it.
[Reply]
DJay23 03:18 PM 02-12-2022
Originally Posted by Al Czervik:
My dad and I were talking about it the other day. My hope is for making the second weekend I feel like that's the ceiling, but I'm expecting a 2nd round dumping by some directional school with a lot of inferior athletes who just muddy it up and slow down our fast break.

We just don't play much better than all of these middle of the road to bad Big XII teams.
[Reply]
Pablo 03:24 PM 02-12-2022
The other way of looking at it is that we still haven’t really seen this team’s peak yet.

Braun and Wilson are rounding into form, and they’ve been great lately. McCormack has been alright at times. When he’s hitting the glass consistently, he does provide some value.

Clemence brings an element we haven’t had all year. Remy is still out too. He could be this year’s Malik Newman.

If the pieces come together at the right time, this team can make a Final Four. And you never know from there.

If they don’t, a second round exit is absolutely possible depending on our draw.
We just have to trust Bill will get them into the right groove a month from now. He knows what he's doing and it's hard for me to be too pissed about a 20 win team on Feb 12th.

But some shit has to come together like you've outlined. I'm just optimistic because when this team is on they can score at will.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:36 PM 02-12-2022
Much worse game than the past few, focus level wasn’t really there. Self also could have/should have gone smaller to counter the Groves PnR game OU was employing.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 04:47 PM 02-12-2022
Jalen Wilson has been awesome lately. For whatever reason Och and Braun have been unreliable in late game free throw situations. Wilson would be the guy I'd want there at this point.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:51 PM 02-12-2022
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Groves is a beast. KU has not inside presence that can match him.
Clemence has been great
Yes, it's so nice to see him in the rotation.
What a great rebound by Clemence
Clemence with another one. Just abusing Groves.
If this doesn’t get him more minutes, nothing will. Our defense stepped up the second he was on the floor. He can hit that 3 at the top of the key so defenders can’t cheat towards the basket. Block passing lanes etc.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:06 PM 02-12-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
If this doesn’t get him more minutes, nothing will. Our defense stepped up the second he was on the floor. He can hit that 3 at the top of the key so defenders can’t cheat towards the basket. Block passing lanes etc.
I gotta think defense and knowledge of the system kept him off the court to this point. If Self trusted him in that situation, then maybe he’s ready.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:12 PM 02-12-2022
2018 is probably the best optimistic comp for this team.

That team had 1 true star and 2 really good players: Graham, Svi, and Doke.

This team has Ochai, Wilson, and Braun. This team doesn’t have the star on Graham’s level, but those 3 are right there with Svi. McCormack can be good, but he’s super inconsistent. He’s this year’s LeGerald Vick.

2018 was lifted late in the year by Newman and De Sousa coming around. Maybe that will be Remy Martin and Clemence this year.

I don’t think there is a team this year as good as that 2018 Nova team. They were loaded.

If we get a decent draw and get lifts from guys that haven’t shown much consistency yet, then we can make run.
[Reply]
Page 106 of 352
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110116156206 > Last »
Up