Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Pat and Dieter catching fish
O.city 11:38 AM 07-16-2019
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz_Fndtl...d=3p7mjufbudra
[Reply]
staylor26 03:02 PM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Kemp had 300 snaps on special teams last year; more than 6 times what Dieter had. And Dieter wasn't out-snapping him even as the regular season wound to a close and Dieter was getting run. Kemp also out-snapped him in the playoffs on STs.

If Kemp sucked on STs last year, Dave Toub didn't notice it because he was ALWAYS Toub's ace special teamer even as the season ended (along with Zombo).
I’m aware of all of that. But did you not see the guy shit the bed as a gunner every time he had a chance inside the 10?

Dieter still obviously has a better shot to make the team. Maybe that’s partly because he’s Mahomes BFF, but it is what it is.
[Reply]
loochy 03:03 PM 07-16-2019
BTW there's not much better than fresh tuna just a few hours out of the ocean
[Reply]
O.city 03:05 PM 07-16-2019
Very likely, yes.

But anybody getting a 4th+ WR gig had better be a viable special teams player. I have no reason to believe Pringle can't be, but that still requires that he win over Toub and not just Andy.

I think Andy gives Toub a couple of roster spots/season and if Toub bangs on the table for Kemp (or Deiter or Pringle or the rookie UDFA kid) then I think that's who'll get that last man in gig.
It's always kinda made me wonder why teams use back end WR's to play special teams instead of more corners or LB's etc.

I know WR's have speed and such, but are they or do they actually do any kind of tackling?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:05 PM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Oh god, Pat's riding a jetski behind the boat.

WE'RE DOOMED
I haven't said anything but I've just had a bad feeling he's gonna pull a Yordano Ventura because it's the Chiefs curse.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:07 PM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
FUCKING CUT KEMP ALREADY.

Last season he may have been the worst gunner i've seen on this team since ever.

I knew I wasn’t the only one that noticed how bad Kemp was last year lol
[Reply]
O.city 03:08 PM 07-16-2019
Kemp definitely had a few shitty attempts at gunner. I thought he had a few good ones later in the year, but really, it's a fucking gunner.

I know we have in the past prided ourselves on ST's and yeah, it's still important, but it ain't 2016 anymore.
[Reply]
-King- 03:09 PM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Lol you probably still think Kemp has a better shot than Dieter.
Why wouldn't he? If the only thing Dieter has going for his is that he's Mahomes friend, he's going to be cut. He can still be friends with Mahomes while playing in the CFL.
[Reply]
-King- 03:11 PM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Dude, Kemp was awful on ST’s last year. Did you see him constantly fuck up at gunner? Dieter is already ahead of him on the depth chart.

I am in no way saying he’s good, but he has a much better shot than Kemp. Trust me.
If Kemp was horrible, what does that make Dieter who could barely get PT?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:11 PM 07-16-2019
Kemp definitely had a few shitty attempts at gunner. I thought he had a few good ones later in the year, but really, it's a ****ing gunner.

I know we have in the past prided ourselves on ST's and yeah, it's still important, but it ain't 2016 anymore.
Since Reid has been HC the Chiefs have scored 11 TD's on special teams. Opponents have scored 0

The only exception is the blocked punt TD by the Colts in their ass whoopin we gave them.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:12 PM 07-16-2019
Kemp definitely had a few shitty attempts at gunner. I thought he had a few good ones later in the year, but really, it's a fucking gunner.

Every gunner ever to have gunned has looked stupid on many occasions.

It's an easy job from the stands and a surprisingly difficult one from the field.

And I'll still put the gunner on blast for just losing where he is on the field every time it happens. I know it's unfair and it's a thankless, oftentimes difficult job. I'm being unreasonable. But I just don't give a damn - you're a gunner, go do gunner stuff and stop rolling onto the goalline trying to keep the ball inside the 5. Just knock it back and be happy.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:12 PM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Why wouldn't he? If the only thing Dieter has going for his is that he's Mahomes friend, he's going to be cut. He can still be friends with Mahomes while playing in the CFL.
And what does Kemp have going for him?

Dieter had almost the same amount of ST’s snaps in the playoffs and was higher on the depth chart at WR.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:16 PM 07-16-2019
It's always kinda made me wonder why teams use back end WR's to play special teams instead of more corners or LB's etc.

I know WR's have speed and such, but are they or do they actually do any kind of tackling?
They use all of those.

But in the modern era especially, you're gonna have empty sets on occasion and that's gonna be at least 3 WRs on the field, oftentimes 4 and sometimes 5. You're gonna also want rotational WRs.

So you're gonna have 4-5 WRs active most days, no? Well if they're on the active gameday roster, they'd better be doing something. You don't want to risk your starting CBs and you need some guys with speed and agility to get down the field and challenge the catch. So that's either your WRs or DBs, no? Well your DBs are about to take the field so you'd prefer not gas them and your backup WRs have just been sitting there being backups so they should be fresh.

It's roster logistics more than anything. I have X players for Y jobs and these backup WRs are best suited for Z role so I need to use them in that role.
[Reply]
loochy 03:16 PM 07-16-2019

I think it's purely about the speed and being able to shed contact at full sprint
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:17 PM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Dieter will put up Aligator Arms Wilson numbers this year at a fraction of the cost.
Wilson's WORST year was as a rookie when he put up 260 yards. Throughout his entire time with the Chiefs, WR wasn't as deep as it is now, especially at the WR3 and 4 spots, which is where Wilson excelled. Wilson had above average speed and an EXCELLENT change of direction (his 3-cone time was the best at the combine that year), which made him a nifty little weapon in a variety of spots on the field, even out of the backfield.

Dieter has none of that shit going for him. He's got height on Wilson, and it's not like he's some ex-basketball behemoth compared to other WRs.

Hell, you made that crack about Wilson and has hands, but up to this point do we really know anything about Dieter's hands? We do know that he struggled with some drops on occasion in that last year at Alabama. That can be fixed, yes, but do we know if he's fixed it? Is that really something you can fix without consistent reps in practice (and not just with the scout team or the hands team on special teams)
[Reply]
O.city 03:19 PM 07-16-2019
They use all of those.

But in the modern era especially, you're gonna have empty sets on occasion and that's gonna be at least 3 WRs on the field, oftentimes 4 and sometimes 5. You're gonna also want rotational WRs.

So you're gonna have 4-5 WRs active most days, no? Well if they're on the active gameday roster, they'd better be doing something. You don't want to risk your starting CBs and you need some guys with speed and agility to get down the field and challenge the catch. So that's either your WRs or DBs, no? Well your DBs are about to take the field so you'd prefer not gas them and your backup WRs have just been sitting there being backups so they should be fresh.

It's roster logistics more than anything. I have X players for Y jobs and these backup WRs are best suited for Z role so I need to use them in that role.
No I get it. Just seems weird having guys try to tackle that probably don't really practice it much.

I guess it's not really that difficult.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Up