ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL considering 18 game schedule in which players on play 16
Mecca 12:41 PM 07-12-2019
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...r-each-player/

While that site sucks...look at this info, 18 games but no players can play more than 16?

Gonna be happy if you end up with a ticket to a game Mahomes sits out of?
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:10 AM 07-16-2019
Can’t wait to see the Pats usher out Tim Brody at qb for 2 games.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:11 AM 07-16-2019
Have to wonder if the league will go the NBA route and water down the playoffs by moving from 6 to 8 seeds.

That’s 2 more prime time games in the playoffs. More games=more $$
[Reply]
saphojunkie 09:13 AM 07-16-2019
I kind of love this idea, actually.

It makes back up quarterbacks have actual value, instead of being paid $4M a year to do jack shit.

Additionally, it opens up the roster and is a pathway to a minor league. The players who should love this are backup OL and running backs. There's no way you can go into the season without a packed stable.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:13 AM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
The super bowl is not going to be as big of a home field advantage as a regular game or a playoff game is because the nfl distributes the tickets. The secondary ticket market will get bought by a teams fans but at most like 20% of the primary tickets would go to a home team.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2018/...-bowl-tickets/
Ask Dungver how it felt when Seattle raped them at the SB. There was a strong Seattle crowd in the house and created a lot of crowd noise Dungver wasn’t really prepared for. Wasn’t a home game obviously, but I remember them commenting on it during the game several times during the game.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:24 AM 07-16-2019
Just wait for this ideas......

18 games
more playoff seeds
more byes

If you do all those you can expand the season by a month and make more money by a lot....

And finally expansion, if you add teams that is even more revenue for everyone and I do think that is coming.
[Reply]
MightyMouse 11:43 AM 07-16-2019
I’ve seen some bad proposals in my day and that is easily the dumbest.
[Reply]
cmh6476 02:15 PM 07-16-2019
I want to see a 19-0 season first.
[Reply]
Bump 02:16 PM 07-16-2019
I hate Goodell so much.
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:34 PM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by jAZ:
Not a totally bad idea. Might need to add roster spots to get the NFLPA on board. I could see it happening. People will get used to it.
Wrong, it is a totally, completely, insanely, ridiculous idea.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:36 PM 07-16-2019
Horrible idea. More injuries, shortened careers. Goodell is the devil.
[Reply]
Hoover 03:13 PM 07-16-2019
If Hoover was an owner he would propose the following.

1. Reduce the preseason to just two games.
2. Expand the regular season to 18 games.
3. Add a second bye week.
4. Three QB positions, K, P, and LS (6 positions total) do not count towards your 53 man roster. Allows teams to actually groom QBs and not seem them poached. So rosters would essentially go to 59 players, but three of them have to be QBs (this impoves quality of play in case of injury.)
5. You can dress and play all 59 players.
6. Add one more playoff team per conference. Only the #1 seed gets the bye, winning the conference doesn't get supremacy - seeding by best record only.

The NFL is going to BANK with legalized sports betting. Give them what they want, more games in the regular season and in the playoffs. Make the #1 seed really matter.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:32 PM 07-16-2019
This is actually a great idea. It will add media attention to the games where the back ups play some, etc.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 06:03 PM 07-16-2019
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yirpnXAX-bQ
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 06:12 PM 07-16-2019
All jokes aside, this is brutal.

This is what happens when money means more than sanity.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:04 PM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by Hoover:
If Hoover was an owner he would propose the following.

1. Reduce the preseason to just two games.
2. Expand the regular season to 18 games.
3. Add a second bye week.
4. Three QB positions, K, P, and LS (6 positions total) do not count towards your 53 man roster. Allows teams to actually groom QBs and not seem them poached. So rosters would essentially go to 59 players, but three of them have to be QBs (this impoves quality of play in case of injury.)
5. You can dress and play all 59 players.
6. Add one more playoff team per conference. Only the #1 seed gets the bye, winning the conference doesn't get supremacy - seeding by best record only.

The NFL is going to BANK with legalized sports betting. Give them what they want, more games in the regular season and in the playoffs. Make the #1 seed really matter.

I like adding one more playoff team. The league has to expand the rosters if they go to 18 games. 2 preseason games is plenty. The second bye would make a lot of players happy too.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Up