ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL considering 18 game schedule in which players on play 16
Mecca 12:41 PM 07-12-2019
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...r-each-player/

While that site sucks...look at this info, 18 games but no players can play more than 16?

Gonna be happy if you end up with a ticket to a game Mahomes sits out of?
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 01:21 PM 07-12-2019
That's unbelievably stupid. Just get rid of 2 preseason games if you MUST add 2 games to the regular season.

Also, the Super Bowl should be a home game for the participant with the best record. The neutral site Disneyland bullshit needs to stop.
[Reply]
MahiMike 01:30 PM 07-12-2019
Stick w/16.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 01:32 PM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
They could go to 18 games if they eliminated 2 preseason games. I think everyone would be on board with that except maybe the union, and even then it's only a question of dollars.
The problem is that all the contracts currently signed are signed based upon a 16 game schedule. Adding games but keeping the dollar amounts the same for currently signed players isnt going to fly. They'd have to go back and add 2 current game checks to everyone's salaries. And that fucks up the salary cap.

This proposal is pretty stupid and it seem to have to cost the owners more money as they would almost have to increase roster size. Even without rotating an entire position group out for a game the depth would be crippled at current sizes.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 01:34 PM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
That's unbelievably stupid. Just get rid of 2 preseason games if you MUST add 2 games to the regular season.

Also, the Super Bowl should be a home game for the participant with the best record. The neutral site Disneyland bullshit needs to stop.
Your Super Bowl comment isn’t logistically possible.
[Reply]
Eleazar 01:38 PM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:

Yeah, I'm sure they're going to voluntarily give up the bazillion dollars they make off the Super Bowl being a traveling trophy that cities compete for, which gets new stadiums built and everything else.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 01:41 PM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Your Super Bowl comment isn’t logistically possible.
How so?
By week 14 you have playoff teams mostly set, by week 17 they are all set. You then have 5 weeks before the Super Bowl itself. Plenty of time to make it happen. With almost 2 months to put the pre planning in place it's perfectly obtainable.
It wont happen but this isn't the 50s, things can happen in very short order.
[Reply]
carcosa 01:46 PM 07-12-2019
Greedy motherfuckers
[Reply]
DiaperBoy27 01:47 PM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by Lprechaun:
How so?
By week 14 you have playoff teams mostly set, by week 17 they are all set. You then have 5 weeks before the Super Bowl itself. Plenty of time to make it happen. With almost 2 months to put the pre planning in place it's perfectly obtainable.
It wont happen but this isn't the 50s, things can happen in very short order.
Stadiums are booked months and month before events happen, so scheduling a friggin Super Bowl in the matter of 1 month would be a disaster.

Look at the Chiefs schedule this year - they open the season with 2 road games because concerts were planned months before the schedule was even being made by the NFL.

And that's just for the stadium itself, not to mention how much needs to go into preparing a city for a Super Bowl.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 01:50 PM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by DiaperBoy27:
Stadiums are booked months and month before events happen, so scheduling a friggin Super Bowl in the matter of 1 month would be a disaster.

Look at the Chiefs schedule this year - they open the season with 2 road games because concerts were planned months before the schedule was even being made by the NFL.

And that's just for the stadium itself, not to mention how much needs to go into preparing a city for a Super Bowl.
I cant even believe I have to say this.... dont allow the stadium to be reserved for anything other than a super bowl on that particular weekend.
Also, these stadiums are built for the NFL team first, if something is scheduled and a conflict is looming the NFL game takes precedent
[Reply]
Eleazar 02:03 PM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by Lprechaun:
I cant even believe I have to say this.... dont allow the stadium to be reserved for anything other than a super bowl on that particular weekend.
Also, these stadiums are built for the NFL team first, if something is scheduled and a conflict is looming the NFL game takes precedent
A small city is built around a stadium for a super bowl. There are events all over the metro area that are planned and prepared for months in advance. Security has to be planned and prepared, a city has to deal with getting a million visitors that week. There are ten million other reasons why it's a laughably dumb idea to have no idea which of 4 cities is going to host the Super Bowl, 2 weeks out
[Reply]
Lprechaun 02:06 PM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
A small city is built around a stadium for a super bowl. There are events all over the metro area that are planned and prepared for months in advance. Security has to be planned and prepared, a city has to deal with getting a million visitors that week. There are ten million other reasons why it's a laughably dumb idea to have no idea which of 4 cities is going to host the Super Bowl, 2 weeks out
You realistically know several months out. I'm not saying it will happen but to think it cant is ignorant.
It's simply semis, you dont build new streets or buildings , you assemble prefabricated units.
[Reply]
bricks 02:27 PM 07-12-2019
I think this is great! More football bros come on fellas
[Reply]
bricks 02:28 PM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Greedy mother****ers
I don’t fucking care.

Why should we fucking care? If, we are not attending the games that is. And I am one of those ppl.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 02:32 PM 07-12-2019
Hey so many players get suspended 2-8 games already, so... WIN-WIN?

Geez. Just count the last preseason game as an official game and give each team two bye weeks. There. 18 week season. Now, where'd I put my beer?
[Reply]
carcosa 02:38 PM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by bricks:
I don’t fucking care.

Why should we fucking care? If, we are not attending the games that is. And I am one of those ppl.
Huh
[Reply]
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up