ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 17
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Brooke Pryor at it again...
DJ's left nut 08:05 PM 07-08-2019
Well she couldn't get anything to stick to Hill so now it's the Tomahawk Chop...

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nf...232394437.html

Originally Posted by :
That’s an interesting point. I think the franchise will still be named the Chiefs, but I do think that a lot of the racially insensitive things around the franchise’s fandom will be phased out — like wearing headdresses at games and the tomahawk chop etc. The franchise’s name isn’t as problematic as the Redskins’, which has been labeled in Dictionary.com as “slang: disparaging and offensive,” but the chop and the cultural appropriation involved in other fan traditions do veer into racial insensitivity. I think if those traditions are minimized, the team name could still remain in 20 years.
Yeah Brooke - they're getting rid of seats and building a drum platform so they can phase out the Chop. Seems legit.

So who's family gave her the 'intel' on this gem?
[Reply]
O.city 08:32 AM 07-09-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
She also used it as a chance to drag Frank Clark, I only posted 1 tweet about that she has another one saying

"and people say a reputation can be ruined with accusations"

Like saying he still got paid and he's a piece of shit so it's fine.
Tyreek and Frank may be pieces of shit. I don't know. Never met them.

The insinuations and such is what's been bad. They've all talked like they've got all this info that they just can't release etc.

Come on.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:32 AM 07-09-2019
The Mac and cheese binge eating got to her.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:33 AM 07-09-2019
What would be so terrible about having a beat reporter who reported team updates, analyzed the team’s strategy (acknowledging that their analysis is solely their opinion), and gave us insight into the parts of the team that we don’t have access to?

Isn’t that all we really want out of that person? Message boards and other outlets exist for us to express how we feel. We don’t need someone telling us how to feel while trying to tear down the team wherever possible.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:33 AM 07-09-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Plus, just as a beat reporter, she's just not very good.

Just report. Don't interject your feelings into reports. Just report.
This has ALWAYS been the biggest problem with her.

I can take comfort in the fact that I hated Pryor before hating her was cool. It helps me reconcile my disdain for her with the fact that I'll never fully trust Tyreek Hill and think he probably is a shitbag.

But she was going on 810 in the mornings and getting players names wrong routinely. Steven and Nate were tossing her softballs and force-feeding her substance and she'd sit there, stammer for a bit, say she'd have to look that up and then start talking about her wedding or something.

She's just an AWFUL beat writer. She has never brought any substance to the table whatsoever. She has no sources, she has no insight, she has no interesting information. She's as bad as any aggregation service; I'm 100% confident an AI program could write a better gamer than she does.

This is a lot like Kietzmann for me - I don't think what he said in a vacuum should've gotten him fired. I just really couldn't stand the damn guy and this was an opportunity to be rid of a guy that was a drain on the local sports scene and burned up a really valuable time slot with dreck. Pryor's stupid SJW nonsense isn't enough to fire her - had Terez done all this same stuff I'd still pay him whatever he asked to stick around. But she's !@#$ing terrible at her job and if this could somehow be enough to be rid of her, so be it.

Fire her because she's bad at her job, even if this is the excuse you need to do it.
[Reply]
O.city 08:36 AM 07-09-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
This has ALWAYS been the biggest problem with her.

I can take comfort in the fact that I hated Pryor before hating her was cool. It helps me reconcile my disdain for her with the fact that I'll never fully trust Tyreek Hill and think he probably is a shitbag.

But she was going on 810 in the mornings and getting players names wrong routinely. Steven and Nate were tossing her softballs and force-feeding her substance and she'd sit there, stammer for a bit, say she'd have to look that up and then start talking about her wedding or something.

She's just an AWFUL beat writer. She has never brought any substance to the table whatsoever. She has no sources, she has no insight, she has no interesting information. She's as bad as any aggregation service; I'm 100% confident an AI program could write a better gamer than she does.

This is a lot like Kietzmann for me - I don't think what he said in a vacuum should've gotten him fired. I just really couldn't stand the damn guy and this was an opportunity to be rid of a guy that was a drain on the local sports scene and burned up a really valuable time slot with dreck. Pryor's stupid SJW nonsense isn't enough to fire her - had Terez done all this same stuff I'd still pay him whatever he asked to stick around. But she's !@#$ing terrible at her job and if this could somehow be enough to be rid of her, so be it.

Fire her because she's bad at her job, even if this is the excuse you need to do it.
Maybe i'm being misogynist here, but she just doesn't seem to really know shit about football. Being a beat reporter, maybe one should know a little bit about, you know, sports?

I don't really follow her that closely to be honest, so I'm not all that upset over it, but after all this hit the fan I've read some of her stuff and followed her a little more and she's just, not good.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:36 AM 07-09-2019
I'm pretty sure she is angling hard to get out of the midwest so if she writes a bunch of shit about how the team is full of shitbag misogynists and is anti indian she thinks that will help.
[Reply]
Iowanian 08:38 AM 07-09-2019
Good.

She's killing newspapers like a second taco on "buy 2 get one free" night.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:38 AM 07-09-2019
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Liberals ruin everything
That's their job. Pretty much the only thing they don't fuck up.
[Reply]
bobhill 08:39 AM 07-09-2019
it just shows how ignorant of a person she is by not knowing the history of the team
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:42 AM 07-09-2019
Maybe i'm being misogynist here, but she just doesn't seem to really know shit about football. Being a beat reporter, maybe one should know a little bit about, you know, sports?

I don't really follow her that closely to be honest, so I'm not all that upset over it, but after all this hit the fan I've read some of her stuff and followed her a little more and she's just, not good.
She really doesn't know a damn thing.

As bad as she is in print, you really need to hear her on the radio to get a feel for how !@#$ing clueless she is.

This isn't me saying "Y'know, Jessica Mendoza knows her stuff but it's really gonna take me awhile to get used to a woman's voice during a baseball game..."

I will acknowledge an element of misogyny to that take. I won't concede that it's an inherently unfair take; I have 35 years of being conditioned to a particular sort of voice in that booth. Hearing Mendoza is no different than hearing Bill Simmons do an NBA game in than nasal twang of his - it's jarring. But it's definitely a gender-based annoyance so yes, strictly speaking its misogyny.

Brooke Pryor is just !@#$ing inept. This has nothing to do with her gender - she simply doesn't know the game. Or if she does, she's such a mediocre writer and such a bad interviewer/ee that she can't get that to show up in print or on air. The reason I think it's the former is that she also seems largely disinterested in actually discussing football when she's on the air. If she can find a way to change the topic to something inane, she's going to. That tells me she's someone that doesn't even really enjoy football, let alone understand it.

Whatever the case may be, she's just really damn bad at being the lead beat writer for the Chiefs. There may be some role somewhere that she excels at (I don't write enough anymore to critique her style; just her substance), but this particular job is an incredibly bad fit for her.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:42 AM 07-09-2019

She doesn't know anything about football. She wants to cover the human interest stories you know like DeMarcus Robinson going up with the Blue Angels or Mahomes doing charity stuff or being on a talk show.

She used Joe Mixon to get out of bumblefuck Oklahoma and she tried to use Tyreek to do the same thing. The entire time she is here she is going to push narratives with this team because she already has national perception on her side.

All she needs is one thing to swing her way and she gets a better paying gig in a more liberal city where she'll be looked at as a hard hitting female reporter that breaks stories against horrible football players.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:45 AM 07-09-2019

Who really knows that much about sports these days? I mean... I do. But when's the last time someone like Brooke was able to report clearly on a sports topic?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:46 AM 07-09-2019
She doesn't know anything about football.

Scout Trey Koziol has described Darwin Thompson as “rocked up” a couple times with his 5-8, 200-pound muscular frame.

That’s my new favorite physical description of a player.

— Brooke Pryor (@bepryor) April 27, 2019

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:47 AM 07-09-2019
She doesn't know anything about football. She wants to cover the human interest stories you know like DeMarcus Robinson going up with the Blue Angels or Mahomes doing charity stuff or being on a talk show.

She used Joe Mixon to get out of bumblefuck Oklahoma and she tried to use Tyreek to do the same thing. The entire time she is here she is going to push narratives with this team because she already has national perception on her side.

All she needs is one thing to swing her way and she gets a better paying gig in a more liberal city where she'll be looked at as a hard hitting female reporter that breaks stories against horrible football players.
So is there any way we can frame, I dunno, Xavier Williams for domestic abuse?

Seriously - just throw her a bone at this point. Let her get her press for something accurate for once, build up her profile and get her the !@#$ out of town. Have someone relatively unimportant but with a bit of local recognition (in this case, a fairly disappointing Williams who has the 'local kid' background) punch a woman in the face and let her run with it.

She can write articles about how Williams growing up in Kansas City with Lamar and Clark's acceptance of domestic violence led to him perpetuating the cycle of masculine aggression or whatever fucking buzzwords she decides are presently part of the 'zeitgeist'.

And then she can get a gig writing puff 'sports' pieces for HuffPo or ESPNw.

Take one for the team, Xavier.
[Reply]
O.city 08:48 AM 07-09-2019

She used Joe Mixon to get out of bumble**** Oklahoma and she tried to use Tyreek to do the same thing. The entire time she is here she is going to push narratives with this team because she already has national perception on her side.

What did she do in regards to Mixon? I didn't know anything about that.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 17
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up