ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 17
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Brooke Pryor at it again...
DJ's left nut 08:05 PM 07-08-2019
Well she couldn't get anything to stick to Hill so now it's the Tomahawk Chop...

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nf...232394437.html

Originally Posted by :
That’s an interesting point. I think the franchise will still be named the Chiefs, but I do think that a lot of the racially insensitive things around the franchise’s fandom will be phased out — like wearing headdresses at games and the tomahawk chop etc. The franchise’s name isn’t as problematic as the Redskins’, which has been labeled in Dictionary.com as “slang: disparaging and offensive,” but the chop and the cultural appropriation involved in other fan traditions do veer into racial insensitivity. I think if those traditions are minimized, the team name could still remain in 20 years.
Yeah Brooke - they're getting rid of seats and building a drum platform so they can phase out the Chop. Seems legit.

So who's family gave her the 'intel' on this gem?
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:47 PM 07-08-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

I am one of the few that doesn't give a shit about our colors, uniform, or mascot. They can change them tomorrow. Don't do it to please the fake outrage losers.
Maybe the only one. :-) I love our colors and everything about the Chiefs.

If the Chop offends someone- maybe they should turn their oven on broil and then put their head in there so they don't have to hear it.
[Reply]
Jerok 08:51 PM 07-08-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I think that statement may end up as the reason that her employer eventually gives her the commahawk chop from employment.
COMMAHAWK CHOP:-):-)
[Reply]
Monkey God 08:53 PM 07-08-2019
OMG...it's 1992 all over again. Been there done that.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:54 PM 07-08-2019
The KC Star is awful now. I am surprised anyone would buy their paper or give them clicks. Chief's should pull their credentials.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 09:02 PM 07-08-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Well she couldn't get anything to stick to Hill so now it's the Tomahawk Chop...

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nf...232394437.html

Yeah Brooke - they're getting rid of seats and building a drum platform so they can phase out the Chop. Seems legit.

So who's family gave her the 'intel' on this gem?
This girl can't help herself; she's essentially committing seppuku...

She doesn't have a diabetic leg to stand on...

Please go get some quotes from shawnee leaders who are irate and incensed on this topic...

I'll wait

If anyone ever invited criticism for how awful they are at their job, it's this woman
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:08 PM 07-08-2019
It’s all part of her career path.

Become a beat writer for a notable team.

Attempt to tear down said team in the name of social justice.

Alienate midwestern fans.

Get run out of town.

Get a national gig where you’re able to tell your story of being kicked out of a sexist town, because fragile masculinity was afraid of a strong woman who “knows her stuff”.

There’s only one way to kill this beast: apathy. She needs to become irrelevant. People need to ignore the (literal) elephant in the room.
[Reply]
FringeNC 09:09 PM 07-08-2019
It's almost like she's just taunting Chiefs fans now...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:11 PM 07-08-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
It’s all part of her career path.

Become a beat writer for a notable team.

Attempt to tear down said team in the name of social justice.

Alienate midwestern fans.

Get run out of town.

Get a national gig where you’re able to tell your story of being kicked out of a sexist town, because fragile masculinity was afraid of a strong woman who “knows her stuff”.

There’s only one way to kill this beast: apathy. She needs to become irrelevant. People need to ignore the (literal) elephant in the room.
Yeah, she's pretty obviously angling for her next gig at this point. I can't imagine she has any designs on being here 12 months from now.

If the Star gave a shit anymore, she wouldn't see the start of the season.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:11 PM 07-08-2019
you should have bargained, jabbrooke

[Reply]
bobbything 09:13 PM 07-08-2019
I never hear of anyone actually getting offended when it’s their culture being “appropriated” (ie: native Americans being pissed at the tomahawk chop). It’s always a white, twentysomething who spends all their time on Twitter.
[Reply]
FringeNC 09:16 PM 07-08-2019
Originally Posted by bobbything:
I never hear of anyone actually getting offended when it’s their culture being “appropriated” (ie: native Americans being pissed at the tomahawk chop). It’s always a white, twentysomething who spends all their time on Twitter.
Public opinion polls have confirmed your sentiment, at least with regards to native Americans NOT being offended. It's white SJWs who are offended.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:17 PM 07-08-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
Jesus this gal doesn't know when to quit. Of course good ole Josh will love it because all of the irate fans will generate his for him to brag about.

We need to ignore this shit and not give them the satisfaction.
if you hit the reporter directly and bypass the star, how does that help the star?
[Reply]
srvy 09:18 PM 07-08-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Tried to tear down Tyreek

Tried to tear down Mecole Hardman

Trying to phase out KC tradition

Just go away. No one wants you here.

Maybe at this point she wants out and is trying to fast track it.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:23 PM 07-08-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I was driving through northeast Arizona last weekend and happened to drive past a high school right in the middle of Navajo country with a giant "Redskins" on the football field. Dug around, and apparently I'm not missing anything. That really is their mascot.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...?noredirect=on
This is SO much more common than people who live outside of native country think. these are native schools, run by natives, with student bodies of natives, who don't give two flying fuck twits about being called Redskins.

Why? BECAUSE THEY THEMSELVES DID THE NAMING.
[Reply]
FAX 09:27 PM 07-08-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Doesn't a tomahawk chop simulate attacking a white settler? Shouldn't we as white people be offended by it?
It also hearkens back to the early methods of circumcision, Mr. Rain Man. As such, it could also be interpreted as a slanderous revilement directed toward God's Chosen People.

Or, when setting eyes upon Ms. Pryor for the first time, the compulsive desire of grown men to decapitate their reproductive member entirely.

FAX
[Reply]
Page 3 of 17
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up