ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 20
< 123 456713 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Welp. Looks like we need a RB.
KC Hawks 08:08 PM 11-30-2018
So who looks good in this upcoming draft?
[Reply]
kccrow 04:38 PM 12-04-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
ha!

Beat ya by about 30 seconds.

I'm thinking he might be my guy as well. I think he'll stay off some radars and Andy can put him to good use.

I agree with you on Hills; I'm just going off some admittedly dated scouting reports from his days in Delaware. He doesn't look as fast as people say he is. The reports are that he can move and at his size, you'll see some nice speed scores if that's the case.
LOL nice!

I think Reid can work a committee if he has the right pieces. The thing I also like about Johnson is he can return kicks really well and he's solid as a pass catcher. He's going to probably run in the mid-4.4's and test out similar to LeSean McCoy. A 7.6 ypc career average in the Big 10 is nothing to sneeze at.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:58 PM 12-04-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I don't think we need to be bending over backwards to find another elite back. If we stumble onto one again (like Hunt, Charles), then so be it. Awesome. But I think in the big picture, its far down on the list of needs for this team going forward.

If we want to build a dynasty under Mahomes and Reid, the best course of action is to get that damn defense to a respectable level and do it ASAP. The weapons to be an elite offense are already in place and not going anywhere soon.

But my thinking here is that Mahomes, while he may never have another 50+ season again like he may have this year, is probably always going to get the absolute most out of the guys around him and he will produce numbers to justify that. Just load up that defense and take some pressure off of the kid.
I don't think they're going to be lighting their pants on fire to shoot up the boards for a rare generation tailback, but I'd bet he would gladly spend a Day 2 pick to get a feature piece kind of guy like he had with Kareem Hunt or a LeSean McCoy.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:48 PM 12-04-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I don't think they're going to be lighting their pants on fire to shoot up the boards for a rare generation tailback, but I'd bet he would gladly spend a Day 2 pick to get a feature piece kind of guy like he had with Kareem Hunt or a LeSean McCoy.
I agree, completely fine with using a day two pick.

But no need to use a first, and no need to spend big bucks on one in FA.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:05 PM 12-04-2018
Here’s something I saw floated out there today that’s interesting. Tevin Coleman. Coached by Deland McCollough in college at Indiana, about to be a FA.

Obviously wouldn’t want to spend much but if he can be had for cheap, that’d be a great add IMO. Veach always talks about attacking pockets in the draft/FA. If the RB draft class isn’t strong, it might be a good idea. Again, needs to be cheap.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:09 PM 12-04-2018
Here’s something I saw floated out there today that’s interesting. Tevin Coleman. Coaches by Deland McCollough in college at Indiana, about to be a FA.

Obviously wouldn’t want to spend much but if he can be has for cheap, that’d be a great add IMO. Veach always talks about attacking pockets in the draft/FA. If the RB draft class isn’t strong, it might be a good idea. Again, needs to be cheap.
RB class will probably be way stronger than the CB class, which really looks meh after the first few and even they aren't that great compared to past classes. Honestly, I'd rather hit FA for a couple vet CBs and draft a RB on day 2 than vice versa.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:32 PM 12-04-2018
I don't think we need to be bending over backwards to find another elite back. If we stumble onto one again (like Hunt, Charles), then so be it. Awesome. But I think in the big picture, its far down on the list of needs for this team going forward.

If we want to build a dynasty under Mahomes and Reid, the best course of action is to get that damn defense to a respectable level and do it ASAP. The weapons to be an elite offense are already in place and not going anywhere soon.

But my thinking here is that Mahomes, while he may never have another 50+ season again like he may have this year, is probably always going to get the absolute most out of the guys around him and he will produce numbers to justify that. Just load up that defense and take some pressure off of the kid.
I think this is naive thinking tbh. Do you think DC's are just gonna sit by and be blind to what Mahomes and Reid are doing? Next season they will be gunning hard for Pat, so I believe we MUST make sure he has as many weapons as possible just like this season. Getting a good back and improving our running game should be a priority along with improving the defense imo. Having a running game that can wear down a defense and control the clock would bring a totally different dimension to this offense.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:42 PM 12-04-2018
Anyway, here's a few names I'd like to talk about.

Darrell Henderson= Reminds me of Hunt a little but he appears to be much faster than Kareem.

Justice Hill= Looks very shifty indeed

Benny Snell JR= has broken his school's records, has been extremely productive and is one of the youngest backs around right now. Imo he could be the one to watch.

LJ Scott= has been hailed as the "next Le'Veon Bell"

Out of all the names mentioned Bryce, Harris, Snell, Montgomery and Henderson intrigue me the most right now.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:17 PM 12-04-2018
One thing I think all can agree on—Andy Reid can take probably numerous backs even from a weaker perceived class and get the most out of them. Wbf.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:26 PM 12-04-2018
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Anyway, here's a few names I'd like to talk about.

Darrell Henderson= Reminds me of Hunt a little but he appears to be much faster than Kareem.

Justice Hill= Looks very shifty indeed

Benny Snell JR= has broken his school's records, has been extremely productive and is one of the youngest backs around right now. Imo he could be the one to watch.

LJ Scott= has been hailed as the "next Le'Veon Bell"

Out of all the names mentioned Bryce, Harris, Snell, Montgomery and Henderson intrigue me the most right now.
Anyone that has EVER called LJ Scott "the next Le'Veon Bell" is a friggen idiot.

Scott is a poor man's Ware. His acceleration is ass and his top gear is 30 yards absent a complete defensive collapse.

Snell is too slow, Hill is too small.

Wouldn't dismiss Darrell Henderson out of hand though.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:45 PM 12-04-2018
Here’s something I saw floated out there today that’s interesting. Tevin Coleman. Coaches by Deland McCollough in college at Indiana, about to be a FA.

Obviously wouldn’t want to spend much but if he can be has for cheap, that’d be a great add IMO. Veach always talks about attacking pockets in the draft/FA. If the RB draft class isn’t strong, it might be a good idea. Again, needs to be cheap.
I agree. He is great out of the backfield and definitely fits our offensive scheme.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:11 PM 12-04-2018
I agree, completely fine with using a day two pick.

But no need to use a first, and no need to spend big bucks on one in FA.
Well I would say a lot of that will depend on where the Chiefs actually draft in the first round and what's available at the slot. If they are drafting 30 or 32 and it's a choice between a back or a massive reach, I wouldn't rule it out.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 09:08 PM 12-04-2018
If Bryce Love or Damien Harris are there at 28-32, then unless we trade up for some stud defender we'd be stupid not to take one of them imo. Because im inclined to believe that most of the defensive studs will be off of the table by then. Especially the corners and safeties.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:45 PM 12-04-2018
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
If Bryce Love or Damien Harris are there at 28-32, then unless we trade up for some stud defender we'd be stupid not to take one of them imo. Because im inclined to believe that most of the defensive studs will be off of the table by then. Especially the corners and safeties.
If you don’t prioritize strengthening this weak defense in the draft, it’s going to remain very weak for a long time.

There will be good defensive players available. Probably DL, but they’ll be there. We need to replace Bailey anyways as he heads into FA.

I think Veach will trade up if there’s someone he really wants.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:15 PM 12-04-2018
Is this a good class? Hope there are some athletic guys in the mid rds
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:49 PM 12-04-2018
I don't think I'd take Love before Day 3.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 20
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up