ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 57
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mass shooting on Las Vegas Strip
Buck 01:00 AM 10-02-2017
Automatic Gunfire from Mandalay Bay onto an outdoor concert. A lot of injured/dead.
[Reply]
notorious 08:15 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I'm not up to date on this story. He had a gun in his hotel room right? If so, how did he get that through security?
Wouldn't be hard.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:19 AM 10-02-2017
Code:
up to ten rifles. He checked in four days prior.
I'm not up to date on this story. He had a gun in his hotel room right? If so, how did he get that through security?

[Reply]
RunKC 08:19 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Do you typically go through a metal detector when renting a hotel room?
That brings me to my next point. I wonder why security hasn't been ramped up in places like movie theatres, hotels, etc. Must be an issue with money?
[Reply]
thabear04 08:20 AM 10-02-2017
Just talked to one of my friends saying the girl next to her got shot and was bleeding. And they were hiding in someone apt with 12 other people and she is lucky to be alive.
[Reply]
notorious 08:21 AM 10-02-2017
That brings me to my next point. I wonder why security hasn't been ramped up in places like movie theatres, hotels, etc. Must be an issue with money?
How many problems have hotels had like this in the past?

There is your answer.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 08:23 AM 10-02-2017

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:23 AM 10-02-2017
Its legal to open carry guns in Nevada. Conceal weapons without a permit. There are basically no rules on owning any type of gun or carrying them around except for automatic weapons in Nevada.
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:28 AM 10-02-2017
I'm not sure if it is an issue with money. I think it's more an issue with classic American "that won't happen to me" thinking. I mean, the fact that there's not an armed guard(at $14-$15 per hour, relatively minimal)at every school in America is baffling. We've had multiple school age children get blown away while playing at school and anyone could walk into almost any school this very day and go tee off on some 6 year olds. Then hysteria, media, outrage, memorials....next week "back to school kids!" with maybe an officer at that school moving forward. For whatever reason, as a society we just don't want to emphasize security as a top priority. Except kind of at the airport and at some sporting events
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:33 AM 10-02-2017
Horrible news. What a sad chapter in this countries history when this has become the norm.

Heartbreaking.
[Reply]
redfan 08:36 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Horrible news. What a sad chapter in this countries history when this has become the norm.

Heartbreaking.
It's far from the norm.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:38 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
I'm not sure if it is an issue with money. I think it's more an issue with classic American "that won't happen to me" thinking. I mean, the fact that there's not an armed guard(at $14-$15 per hour, relatively minimal)at every school in America is baffling. We've had multiple school age children get blown away while playing at school and anyone could walk into almost any school this very day and go tee off on some 6 year olds. Then hysteria, media, outrage, memorials....next week "back to school kids!" with maybe an officer at that school moving forward. For whatever reason, as a society we just don't want to emphasize security as a top priority. Except kind of at the airport and at some sporting events
I think this is a good explanation. For me personally, I won't go to a movie in the afternoon or night...only the morning when people not many people are there.
After the Colorado incident, I get anxiety being in big crowds like that with no quick way out such as a movie theatre.

You'd think they'd take the lead and market a safe approach. I would be happy to pay 2-3 more dollars if it meant that the theater had a metal detector in use.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:39 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Are all Las Vegas Planeteers safe? Nothing new posted on Flopnuts facebook page.
Flop updated his status a little while ago, he and the wife are fine.
[Reply]
notorious 08:39 AM 10-02-2017
I think this is a good explanation. For me personally, I won't go to a movie in the afternoon or night...only the morning when people not many people are there.
After the Colorado incident, I get anxiety being in big crowds like that with no quick way out such as a movie theatre.

You'd think they'd take the lead and market a safe approach. I would be happy to pay 2-3 more dollars if it meant that the theater had a metal detector in use.
I hope you don't swim in the ocean, fly in airliners, or even drive in a car.

The odds are tiny that you will end up in any of these gunmen situations. It's great to have sharp situational awareness, but please don't live in fear.
[Reply]
bdj23 08:40 AM 10-02-2017
I'd imagine it would be pretty easy to sneak a bunch of guns into a Las Vegas hotel.
[Reply]
nychief 08:42 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by redhed:
It's far from the norm.

Oh bullshit.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 57
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up