ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Mahomes' NFL comparison.
Direckshun 10:22 AM 03-10-2017
Tribusky reminds me of Pennington/Alex Smith.
Kizer reminds of me Josh Freeman.
Watson reminds me of Russell Wilson.

Mahomes is tougher...

I think Mahomes' floor is Geno Smith. Anybody have a good comparison for what his ceiling is?
[Reply]
DRM08 09:29 PM 10-20-2018
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Unless you've spent a full offseason in the draft forum, you can write down your complaints and shove them up your pooper.

Spending an entire offseason breaking down one to two hundred players is a ton of work for a dude to do in his spare time, even if it is really fun. You don't have NFL resources and it's like I can subpoena access to Pro Day workouts.

I was spooked by the goofy spread offense he played in because, as is still true, literally nobody has played in that offense in college and gone on to have NFL success, except for, maybe, Case Keenum.

Mahomes skepticism was very real, and in my opinion, super reasonable.

You're not wiser than I am simply because you have hindsight on your side.
It's not hindsight to say the kid had way more talent than any other QB to come out of that system. That was blatantly obvious watching him in college and I've seen a shitload of Air Raid QB's through the years.

FWIW, Jared Goff also came from the Air Raid. His OC was Tony Franklin, who got the system from Hal Mumme just like Mike Leach. Goff is much more of a system guy than Mahomes in my opinion. Fortunately for Jared, he has a really good offensive coach guiding him now.
[Reply]
carcosa 10:49 PM 10-20-2018
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Except for you aren't one of them? Kind of hard to laugh at someone's opinion if you didn't take the time to offer yours. Nobody is going to respect you for walking in here and mocking someone using nothing but hindsight.

Thank you.
I didn't post in this thread but I was excited before we drafted him and really excited after we drafted him. His potential seemed clear.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:38 AM 10-21-2018
Oh man, this thread is amazing. I've probably visited this forum a handful of times, but the gem I've seen here has really made my morning. Thanks guys.
[Reply]
lcarus 10:36 AM 10-22-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
So many solid takes in this thread...NOT.
I'm thankful a lot of these guys aren't running the Chiefs. Holy cow. Nate Peterman! :-)
[Reply]
BWillie 11:06 AM 10-23-2018
So - apparently BossChief is the only one who knows what they're talking about
[Reply]
rico 04:54 AM 10-24-2018
Originally Posted by rico:
I like this Davis Webb dude more and more every day...the more I watch, the more he continues to impress me. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being the guy... I think he will be "the guy" somewhere.
My...God...

:-)
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:31 AM 10-25-2018
Originally Posted by Black Bob:
Mahommes is Bobby Hebert at best. He is going day two at best. The offense he played in creates huge windows to throw into. He makes some good throws but he makes more shitty ones. He also telegraphs his passes regularly. He is a project player IMO.

Herbert was a pretty good player. If he ended up being as good as "the Cajun," he would be a good pick.

Holy wow ^
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:33 AM 10-25-2018
Mahommes is Bobby Hebert at best. He is going day two at best. The offense he played in creates huge windows to throw into. He makes some good throws but he makes more shitty ones. He also telegraphs his passes regularly. He is a project player IMO.

Herbert was a pretty good player. If he ended up being as good as "the Cajun," he would be a good pick.

I really like Dobbs. Mahommes should go on day three IMO.

Who is this idiot, I mean for real?
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:39 PM 10-25-2018
This past offseason Black Bob doubled down on his dumbassery, even after seeing Mahomes play against Denver and in the preseason of 2017.

Deshaun Watson was the best because OMG GRITTY COLLEGE WINZ BEAT NICK SABAN HOLY CRAP. I think he still probably believes that.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:52 PM 10-25-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
This past offseason Black Bob doubled down on his dumbassery, even after seeing Mahomes play against Denver and in the preseason of 2017.

Deshaun Watson was the best because OMG GRITTY COLLEGE WINZ BEAT NICK SABAN HOLY CRAP. I think he still probably believes that.
Which is surprising because Watson didn't play in the SEC and that seems to be the only conference Mugsy/Black Bob seems to think exists for NFL talent production.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:04 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by Sandy Vagina:
No, no chance. I'm prepared to accept whatever the Chiefs throw at us, and just sit back to watch the ride. Seriously.

I did a forum-wide mock where.. as KC GM, I traded up to #20 to draft Trubs.

I am actively hoping that KC drafts Nate Peterman on day 2.

Do you understand what I am saying to you? The end for Alex Smith is near.. and I am basically giving him 2017 before sharpening my axe.

As for Mahommes specifically, I just don't like his game much. Backyard balling, and fundamentals are all over the place. He really reminds me of Kaepernick... and I think others like him so much because.. well.. he really is a boom or bust type that could explode into greatness.. but I think he will fail as an Andy Reid QB.

What happened to Sandy Vagina?
[Reply]
Dante84 06:14 PM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by Dante84:
What NFL player has really shitty feet and a weird side-arm long ball?
Welp, fuck me.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:30 PM 12-17-2018
He failed as a CP poster and faded off into Smith-like obscurity.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 08:12 PM 12-20-2018
He left to become a lifelong Redskins fan.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up