ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Nzoner's Game Room>Never realized how many QB's considered unretiring
Mecca 07:40 AM 07-18-2019
I mean we all know about the Favre fiasco but I came across some stuff today I totally was not aware of that would have made the league look very different..

We all know Montana finished up here but apparently before Steve Young retired after the 99 season, he strongly considered going to Denver to replace Elway. He discusses it in his new book and says it was very close but just decided he wanted to retire a 49er.

Jim Kelly about came back for the Ravens in 98, Marino considered the Vikings in 2000, Aikman the Dolphins in 2004.

Some of that shit is crazy, maybe I wasn't paying as close attention back then but some of that shit would have been wild.
[Reply]
O.city 07:47 AM 07-18-2019
There just wasn't really a way to get it out unless it was in written form. Now with social media we always know.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:48 AM 07-18-2019
I don't know that any of those guys would have made much of an impact. They were washed up by that time.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:49 AM 07-18-2019
The Steve Young one kinda blows my mind, that was a ready made bowl team...that would have sucked some balls had he actually went there.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:50 AM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I don't know that any of those guys would have made much of an impact. They were washed up by that time.
Well...Steve Youngs 2 previous years of full seasons were things like 42 tds and 37 tds..yes he got hurt in the last year but the 49ers had turned to shit, that Broncos team was super talented.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:52 AM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Well...Steve Youngs 2 previous years of full seasons were things like 42 tds and 37 tds..yes he got hurt in the last year but the 49ers had turned to shit, that Broncos team was super talented.
Okay, I couldn't remember what Young had done. I'll give you him but the rest of those guys had been on the decline for at least a couple of seasons.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:54 AM 07-18-2019
Aikman wouldn't have mattered...

Kelly probably gets a bowl if he comes back, they won with Dilfer and he would have likely been better than that.

Marino to the Vikes would have been crazy because that offense made all the QB's look good, Cunningham and George were throwing up big numbers.
[Reply]
loochy 07:58 AM 07-18-2019
Does it really surprise you? These guys are driven and confident individuals of the highest order. Couple that with the opportunity to earn huge money and it should be no surprise at all.
[Reply]
Up