ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 39
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What's wrong with Mecole Hardman - Part 2
dlphg9 05:43 AM 02-17-2021
Spoiler alert!

Nothing is wrong with him! Unless you consider Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce as being a problem.

Mecole was 3rd on the team in targets (62), rec yards (560), and rec TDs (4). Those stats are right in line with any other teams 3rd most productive receiver and none of those other teams had 2 guys that were 1st team AP in front of that guy.

Green Bay Packers #1 ranked scoring offense
3rd most productive receiving option
Robert Tonyan - 59 targets, 52 rec, 586 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 212
Rec - 148
Yards - 2064

Buffalo Bills #2 ranked scoring offense
Gabriel Davis - 62 targets, 35 rec, 599 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 273
Rec - 209
Yards - 2502

Tampa Bay Buccaneers #3 ranked scoring offense
Rob Gronkowski - 77 targets, 45 rec, 623 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 193
Rec - 135
Yards - 1846

Tennessee Titans #4 ranked scoring offense
Jonnu Smith - 65 targets, 41 rec, 448 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 198
Rec - 135
Yards - 2059

New Orleans Saints #5 ranked scoring offense
Jared Cook - 60 targets, 37 rec, 504 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 189
Rec - 144
Yards - 1482

Baltimore Ravens #7 ranked scoring offense
Willie Snead - 48 targets, 33 rec, 432 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 188
Rec - 116
Yards - 1470

Seattle Seahawks #8 ranked scoring offense
David Moore - 47 targets, 35 rec, 417 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 261
Rec - 183
Yards - 2357

Indianapolis Colts #9 ranked scoring offense
Michael Pittman Jr. - 61 targets, 40 rec, 503 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 164
Rec - 99
Yards - 1391

Las Vegas Raiders #10 ranked scoring offense
Hunter Renfrow - 77 targets, 56 rec, 656 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 227
Rec - 155
Yards - 2092

Average for top 10 scoring offense's 3rd most productive receiving option :

Targets - 62
Receptions - 41
Yards - 530

Average for top 10 scoring offense's top 2 most productive receiving options combined :

Targets - 212
Receptions - 147
Yards - 1918

This is how Hardman stacks up against the other teams 3rd receiving option

Targets - 62 (62 avg)
Receptions - 41 (41 avg)
Yards - 560 (530 avg)

Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce combined

Targets - 280 (most in group)
Receptions - 192 (2nd most in group)
Yards - 2692 (most in group)

So what we can see from these stats above is that nothing is up with Mecole Hardman. His targets and reception matched the average of the 9 other top offenses 3rd receiving option and he was above average in yards, but the big huge difference is Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill just happen to be on the same team as him. Those two have 68 more combined targets, 45 more combined receptions, and 774 more combined yards than the others teams top 2 receiving threats.

TLDR;

Nothing is wrong, he's right in line with the other teams 3rd most productive pass catchers. Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce are monsters and the best pass catching duo in a long ass time.

PS:

Seriously Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce are so good! There was only 11 QBs with more TD passes than those 2 had receiving TDs.

PSS:

Fucking Cam Newton started 15 games and had 45 less passing yards than Hill and Kelce had rec yards in the same amount of games!

PSSS:

Fucking MVP Lamar had 65 more passing yards than Hill and Kelce had rec yards and they tied for the same amount of passing TDs to receiving TDs.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:16 AM 08-23-2021
I still don't get the hate or not giving Mecole Hardman a chance and anything he does wrong gets blown up out of portion. He has very little experience as is with two years WR college and now two years as a pro going into his third year making the best of his opportunity to become our #2wr. He is still raw talent about as raw as it gets was he drafted too high? Well Veach took him anyways because Brett Veach looks at the future and saw potential in Mecole at the same time not knowing if we were going have Tyreek available for the season.

Mecole has done nothing but put himself out there to do the best he can with his talents and lack of experience. I'm pretty sure even as our #2 wr he will make mistakes and everyone here will come unglued . He is a work in progress folks and what he has proven after making mistakes to come back and redeem himself and untill he gets several games under his belt maybe 8 to 10 when it clicks you will see why Brett Veach drafted him. I'll guarandamntee that Patrick and Mecole will work it out to be on the same page and have that glorious chemistry together it's just going mature in time but it will happen.

Let's let preseason be preseason and then worry about the damn Browns.

I think there will be some frustrations but Mecole hasn't cost us any games and he has been a big part of many victories and going be even a bigger part of more victories to come so start rooting for him and not chastise him because he is still learning and will make up for his mistakes because he has shown he can and then he will make fewer mistakes my friends. If by week 8 he isn't getting any better then I'm sure Chiefs will make appropriate changes.

He was lined up in replacing Tyreek and he made a mistake on the route and you all want to crucify him. He went back out and scored a touchdown but your all hung up on a preseason mistake. Just unbelievable.
[Reply]
-King- 02:35 AM 08-23-2021
This...this is weird now.
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:31 AM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
This...this is weird now.

It's weird to defend a player I like that I think has potential to be pretty good at playing #2 Wr across from Tyreek Hill? This is a discussion we talk about Chief things not my fault some of you disagree with me but I don't see how it's weird to discuss a player that is being criticized and I'm here saying that he will still be good to great WR to help us win ball games.

It's weird you guys are stuck on a few plays whereas he has made some pretty spectacular plays that indeed helped us win our first Super Bowl in 50 years so forgive me for liking a young kid that has great potential and good attitude to make himself a better WR and help us win championships.

What is weird about rooting for and believing in a young player that you just simply don't like or willing give him a chance to be a successful #2 WR before the season even starts after two preseason games.

Has he made mistakes yes . Has he redeemed himself also yes.

Was it his fault Patrick Mahomes over threw him in the back of the endzone for a potential touchdown? Patrick Mahomes II didn't have his best game but blame Mecole Hardman.

Yeah it's pretty fucking weird you guys give up on a young talent before his 3rd year campaign even begins.
[Reply]
eDave 03:44 AM 08-23-2021

[Reply]
TEX 03:47 AM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Hardman had to line up for Tyreek as Tyreek was out of the game and he made a route mistake. This was not planned for Hardman to line up in Tyreek spot.

Again preseason.

Patrick will and should get pissed as he is the team leader and I'm sure Hardman got a ear full he still ended up scoring a touchdown and we won a damn preseason game.

We will get the opportunity to see how he responds this friday against the Vikes. Maybe if he sucks it will show right away and Veach can make a move before Sept 12.

Or he will have success and show his improvements. The game will tell.
No matter what happens, Verch is not making a move to bring in another WR by Sept. 12.
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:50 AM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
No matter what happens, Verch is not making a move to bring in anither WR by Sept. 12.

That was sarcasm.
[Reply]
-King- 03:55 AM 08-23-2021
It's weird to defend a player I like that I think has potential to be pretty good at playing #2 Wr across from Tyreek Hill? This is a discussion we talk about Chief things not my fault some of you disagree with me but I don't see how it's weird to discuss a player that is being criticized and I'm here saying that he will still be good to great WR to help us win ball games.

It's weird you guys are stuck on a few plays whereas he has made some pretty spectacular plays that indeed helped us win our first Super Bowl in 50 years so forgive me for liking a young kid that has great potential and good attitude to make himself a better WR and help us win championships.

What is weird about rooting for and believing in a young player that you just simply don't like or willing give him a chance to be a successful #2 WR before the season even starts after two preseason games.

Was it his fault Patrick Mahomes over threw him in the back of the endzone for a potential touchdown? Patrick Mahomes II didn't have his best game but blame Mecole Hardman.

Yeah it's pretty fucking weird you guys give up on a young talent before his 3rd year campaign even begins.
Step by step:

No one has gave up on him. We just expected to see improvement but instead have seen more of the same

Has anyone said they didn't appreciate those plays that helped us get to the SB? People are all over this thread calling him a good gadget player. No one has said he doesn't have talent or that Reid can't find a use for him in the offense.

And the fact that Patrick Mahomes keeps missing him is the problem. Whether it's Pats fault (highly doubt it) or Mecole. Seeing as how Pat doesn't get nearly as pissed at other receivers, common sense tells you it's a Mecole issue. IMO he either isn't in the right spots or he runs reps differently so Mahomes has no gauge on his speed or when he'll be in a certain location. Meanwhile you could blind fold him, spin him around 20 times and he'd be able to tell you exactly where Kelce, Hill, or hell even Pringle it seems.

Hopefully he does get better but it's not hard to understand frustration when the same issue he's had for 2 years shows up multiple times in a preseason game.

I'll await your response about how I've given up on him, he's a playmaker and helped us get to the Superbowl.
[Reply]
Rasputin 04:19 AM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Step by step:

No one has gave up on him. We just expected to see improvement but instead have seen more of the same

Has anyone said they didn't appreciate those plays that helped us get to the SB? People are all over this thread calling him a good gadget player. No one has said he doesn't have talent or that Reid can't find a use for him in the offense.

And the fact that Patrick Mahomes keeps missing him is the problem. Whether it's Pats fault (highly doubt it) or Mecole. Seeing as how Pat doesn't get nearly as pissed at other receivers, common sense tells you it's a Mecole issue. IMO he either isn't in the right spots or he runs reps differently so Mahomes has no gauge on his speed or when he'll be in a certain location. Meanwhile you could blind fold him, spin him around 20 times and he'd be able to tell you exactly where Kelce, Hill, or hell even Pringle it seems.

Hopefully he does get better but it's not hard to understand frustration when the same issue he's had for 2 years shows up multiple times in a preseason game.

I'll await your response about how I've given up on him, he's a playmaker and helped us get to the Superbowl.
No. I appreciate this response I see the frustration but I'm here more excited because I can just see it unfolding better for our future even with the growing pains we are watching. I'm stoked for the speed we have on both sides of the field and you can probably intertwine Pringle I like him too but with this revamped offensive line and CEH I'm just too stoked for the possibilities that we haven't seen yet or fathom what this offense is capable of. I have high hopes for Mecole that maybe my problem but still saying he will grow and become what we are looking for just give him the chance.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 04:55 AM 08-23-2021
The problem is that if we didn't have Hill, or if we didn't have Kelce, Mecole wouldn't be enough, not by a long shot. I personally think Pringle is a better receiver. Mecole is the truest #3 receiving target you'll ever see on the field and it appears like he'll never be any better than that, even with a great QB. Well have to go WR next year within the first 2 rounds, and maybe the year after that as well, to try and makeup for the loss or degradation of Hill and Kelce.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:49 AM 08-23-2021
Can we all just acknowledge that Rasputin convinced us and lock this thread?

This is reminding me suspiciously of Eminem’s ‘Stan.’
[Reply]
Molitoth 06:08 AM 08-23-2021
LETS just cut fucking Hardman obviously he has no chance to improve his third year you are all right he sucks

How about
Fuck y'all
I think most people in here are posting to troll you. lol

Nobody wants to cut Hardman, it seems everyone is rooting for him to play better.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:17 AM 08-23-2021

Yeah it's pretty ****ing weird you guys give up on a young talent before his 3rd year campaign even begins.
I am rooting for him. I feel at this point he's better suited as a gadget option and he can perform really well there. Let's just start there by saying at the minimum, he can definitely contribute in many ways.

I hope he progresses as a #2 wr. But he has to step up to do that. Meanwhile, let's hope Cornell powell gives him a run for his money.
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:27 AM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I am rooting for him. I feel at this point he's better suited as a gadget option and he can perform really well there. Let's just start there by saying at the minimum, he can definitely contribute in many ways.

I hope he progresses as a #2 wr. But he has to step up to do that. Meanwhile, let's hope Cornell powell gives him a run for his money.
I like Pringle too so the competition is good there as long as someone steps it up I'll be happy and so will all. I just think Hardman is working Hardman. So I think he will surprise some folks here on Chiefs Planet. Just a work in progress.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:49 AM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
The problem is that if we didn't have Hill, or if we didn't have Kelce, Mecole wouldn't be enough, not by a long shot. I personally think Pringle is a better receiver. Mecole is the truest #3 receiving target you'll ever see on the field and it appears like he'll never be any better than that, even with a great QB. Well have to go WR next year within the first 2 rounds, and maybe the year after that as well, to try and makeup for the loss or degradation of Hill and Kelce.
Exactly.

He doesn't run the best routes. He doesn't have the best hands. He's not the best blocker. He's not the best kick/punt returner.

I mean other than this speed there's really nothing that exciting about him. If he can learn to run better routes I think he can be a decent #2 but nothing more.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:06 PM 08-23-2021
Pattern:

Hardman seems to have trouble hauling in passes at, or above shoulder level.

Hardman seems to do a great job hauling in passes at or below knee level.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 39
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Up