ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 31
« First < 202627282930 31 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Drue Tranquill to Chiefs
RunKC 02:20 PM 03-17-2023

Sources: 1 year, up to $5M for Drue Tranquill to the #Chiefs, who I’m told chose Kansas City over five other suitors. https://t.co/NjlxDZVhlk

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) March 17, 2023

[Reply]
Mecca 11:27 AM 01-30-2024
Originally Posted by Papi:
Thought Tranquil was nails in the AFC Championship game. Was very underwhelmed by Bolton sadly. Hopefully he picks it up in the Super Bowl. This breakdown of Tranquil's performance is great and worth a watch:
Bolton is playing with 1 hand.
[Reply]
scho63 11:29 AM 01-30-2024
I'm not sure we have had a better FA signing in Chiefs history besides Priest Holmes. This guy has been incredible all year.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:29 AM 01-30-2024
If Lamar throws a TD pass to himself that's an entirely different game

Thank you Drue Tranquill
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 12:51 PM 01-30-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
I'm not sure we have had a better FA signing in Chiefs history besides Priest Holmes. This guy has been incredible all year.
You have to wonder wtf the Chargers were doing letting this guy walk out the door to their in division SB champ rivals.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 12:54 PM 01-30-2024
This dude was born to be a Chief.

No way he goes anywhere this offseason.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:57 PM 01-30-2024
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
This dude was born to be a Chief.

No way he goes anywhere this offseason.
Makes a lot of sense as a replacement Will with Leo playing as Sam.

Gay plays more closely as a Sam because of his strength at the point of attack but we use him on the weak side a ton.

But he's not a young player anymore either. He'll be 29 next season so you're really looking at maybe a 2 year deal before looking to move on. And as a slightly undersized player, he'll take a fair bit of abuse as a starter over more snaps.

I'd prefer keep him in his present role to keep him healthy and effective. But if we had to start him, that works.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:02 PM 01-30-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
Ended ugly, but Honey Badger was incredible for a bit there
[Reply]
crispystl 01:58 PM 01-30-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

Willie Roaf was a really good one too.
He was a free agent signing wasn’t he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
scho63 02:01 PM 01-30-2024
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Willie Roaf was a really good one too.
He was a free agent signing wasn’t he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you're right. He was great.
[Reply]
scho63 02:02 PM 01-30-2024
His attitude helped pretty damn well.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 02:02 PM 01-30-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Makes a lot of sense as a replacement Will with Leo playing as Sam.

Gay plays more closely as a Sam because of his strength at the point of attack but we use him on the weak side a ton.

But he's not a young player anymore either. He'll be 29 next season so you're really looking at maybe a 2 year deal before looking to move on. And as a slightly undersized player, he'll take a fair bit of abuse as a starter over more snaps.

I'd prefer keep him in his present role to keep him healthy and effective. But if we had to start him, that works.
Nah, linebackers are now way more productive for longer because it's not a run first league anymore. There's lots of guys like Bobby Wagner still playing at a high level at 33+. This isn't the 80's NFL anymore.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:17 PM 01-30-2024
And he was annoyingly good this season for NOLA.

Fuck him and his entire season of business decisions, man. What looked like a guy who was at the end of the road was really just a guy who was playing tentatively because he wanted to re-set the safety market in order to extend and we wouldn't oblige him.

I'd be less irritated by him if he had just sucked this season.
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:21 PM 01-30-2024
Originally Posted by TheGuardian:
Nah, linebackers are now way more productive for longer because it's not a run first league anymore. There's lots of guys like Bobby Wagner still playing at a high level at 33+. This isn't the 80's NFL anymore.
I love Tranquil but he aint Bobby Wagner. Wagner is an outlier not a rule, he's always been fantastic.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 02:39 PM 01-30-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
This is exactly why we should have no trouble keeping him. I'm betting he signs a 2-year/$9 million type deal. Nobody else is going to offer him much more than that he's damn sure worth that kind of cost for this team. He fits so perfectly.
[Reply]
philfree 04:30 PM 01-30-2024
Reid > Mathieu

I saw Tranquill doing a commercial today pushing a product he was wearing around his neck.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 31
« First < 202627282930 31 >
Up