ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 31
« First < 131920212223 24252627 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Drue Tranquill to Chiefs
RunKC 02:20 PM 03-17-2023

Sources: 1 year, up to $5M for Drue Tranquill to the #Chiefs, who I’m told chose Kansas City over five other suitors. https://t.co/NjlxDZVhlk

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) March 17, 2023

[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 06:36 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Short time period of success? We have literally played in as many AFC Championship games in the last 4 years as your franchise has played in since the merger 50+ years ago. We absolutely don’t recognize “the shoe on the other foot” because we grew out of those baby shoes within 5 years of the merger. We’ll never recognize what it’s like to be perennial losers like the Chargers because it’s been over half a century since the two franchises were separated by success.
:-)
[Reply]
tredadda 06:45 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
Tranquill's in no position to burn bridges since he's on a 1 year deal.

It's funny. You guys no longer seem to recognize "the shoe the other foot" in such a short time period of success.

Yet, you would've had a different opinion during the Elvis Grbac, Trent Green, Matt Cassel, Alex Smith eras when a player left the Chiefs and talked shit about them in favor of a Divisional rival.

I understand you're happy to get a LB on the cheap, (one the Chargers replaced with a better player), but, bottom line, it's low class, unnecessary commentary on his behalf.
The irony of burning bridges considering the Chargers exit from SD to LA where they have so few fans that the visiting team considers playing there as another home game. The Chargers are the team no one wants.
[Reply]
Kramerica 08:29 AM 03-27-2023
Of course he is going to praise his new team, stadium, fanbase, etc. He didn't say anything about the chargers. It's not trashing your former team to point out you got beat in Arrowhead a few times and look forward to being able to play and win in that environment as a member of the home team. What is he supposed to say - "It's ok but really it's no different than playing in sofi"? Where you have as many fans from the away team.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:41 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
I don't get it. He didn't shit on the Chargers. He said "I've been on the wrong side of Arrowhead, looking forward to being on the right side" or words to that effect. That's not crapping on the Chargers, that's praise for his new team's fanbase.

I mean, whatever. I don't hear anything in that video that says "man, I hate the Chargers" at all.

But...I'm a fan of the quite recent Super Bowl LVII champion Kansas City Chiefs, also the same team that Mr. Tranquill just signed with, so what do I know?
This. He wasn’t saying fuck the Chargers or anything like it.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:43 AM 03-27-2023
Tranquill's in no position to burn bridges since he's on a 1 year deal.

It's funny. You guys no longer seem to recognize "the shoe the other foot" in such a short time period of success.

Yet, you would've had a different opinion during the Elvis Grbac, Trent Green, Matt Cassel, Alex Smith eras when a player left the Chiefs and talked shit about them in favor of a Divisional rival.

I understand you're happy to get a LB on the cheap, (one the Chargers replaced with a better player), but, bottom line, it's low class, unnecessary commentary on his behalf.
I heard he directly defacated on the Chargers logo on the way out and said suck my ass, pizza face.
[Reply]
Dave Lane 08:47 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
He can do everything. He's an absolute stud.

The base set having two coverage studs in Tranq and Gay gives us a huge advantage now.
Why not a two or three year deal if he’s that good? Would hate to see him do great and lose him.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:18 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Dave Lane:
Why not a two or three year deal if he’s that good? Would hate to see him do great and lose him.
He decided to take a 1 year deal, and Veach probably thought that's fine, we will see who we keep between Bolten (ext.), Gay and Tanquill at the end of next year since there is only so much money to go around. You give Tranquill a true 2-3 year deal, your hands are tied.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:57 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Dave Lane:
Because he wasn't looking for one. At least not at those figures.

But what's strange is that he was coming off what is very probably the best season he'll have in his career. As far as platform seasons go, you just couldn't ask for more.

But the market was tight this year and more money is coming into the system next season. So I'm guessing the market didn't come together for him so he took a pillow contract to try to get back on the market next year.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:36 AM 03-27-2023
Gotta' admit, it's a bit of dick move to talk shit against your former team. I don't recall the Chargers treating him poorly.

He did cry a lot in the locker room though... for no apparent reason.
Is he talking shit? He's talking about using the other tunnel at Gayha Arrowhead Stadium instead of the visitor tunnel.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:43 AM 03-27-2023
You could probably choose between him and Gay at the end of the season and give them a deal similar to Germaine Pratt.

$7 million AAV is very fair IMO
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:21 PM 10-01-2023
He, uhhh... he kind of sucks.

Well, he doesn't suck, but there were posters who were talking about saving some cash down the line by just keeping guys like him around instead of paying Bolton.

I'm gonna say nah to that one. A couple awful whiffed tackles out there tonight that I think Bolton would have wrapped up.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:22 PM 10-01-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
He, uhhh... he kind of sucks.

Well, he doesn't suck, but there were posters who were talking about saving some cash down the line by just keeping guys like him around instead of paying Bolton.

I'm gonna say nah to that one. A couple awful whiffed tackles out there tonight that I think Bolton would have wrapped up.
This is a bad post and you should feel bad.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:25 PM 10-01-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
:-)

He wasn't brought in to start but he did what he had to do as a backup. He is a very instinctual player and I assure you he will make some real key picks and tackles this year that will seal games for us. I love this guy because he is an intellectual instinctual player.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:27 PM 10-01-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I said he doesn't suck.

You do, but he doesn't.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:28 PM 10-01-2023
Hes cheap. Effective. Allows us to spend money elsewhere. Great signing but ya Id pay Bolton...but I would pay him at the expense of some other guys like Creed and Sneed.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 31
« First < 131920212223 24252627 > Last »
Up