ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 31
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Drue Tranquill to Chiefs
RunKC 02:20 PM 03-17-2023

Sources: 1 year, up to $5M for Drue Tranquill to the #Chiefs, who I’m told chose Kansas City over five other suitors. https://t.co/NjlxDZVhlk

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) March 17, 2023

[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 05:47 PM 03-26-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
:-)

Oh yeah, the tears. The tears are just so sweet.

This organization literally owns the souls of our divisional fans. It’s just marvelous.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:21 PM 03-26-2023
Is there a better linebacker corps in the league?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:52 PM 03-26-2023
This is payback for the Chargers claiming Donnie Edwards. Karma bitch!
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:56 PM 03-26-2023
bitter

:-)

The way the Chargers' FAN is acting it's as if the Chiefs signed prime Junior Seau
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:32 PM 03-26-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
The way the Chargers' FAN is acting it's as if the Chiefs signed prime Junior Seau
Kind of. This guy led the Chargers in tackles with 144 I think. Not saying this guy is Junior, but he's pretty darn good.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 11:17 PM 03-26-2023
Gotta' admit, it's a bit of dick move to talk shit against your former team. I don't recall the Chargers treating him poorly.

He did cry a lot in the locker room though... for no apparent reason.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 11:36 PM 03-26-2023
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
Gotta' admit, it's a bit of dick move to talk shit against your former team. I don't recall the Chargers treating him poorly.

He did cry a lot in the locker room though... for no apparent reason.
Losing gets old. It’s always fun to get picked up by the winning side. What did he say that was shitting on his old team? Sounds like he was just saying it will be nice to be on a winning team. Who wouldn’t want a chance at playoff football? It’s what most of these players live for.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 12:00 AM 03-27-2023
To openly state a preference towards your new team to your former is typically deemed in poor taste, petty, low class, etc...
Pretty simple.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 12:08 AM 03-27-2023
For example, POND_OF_RED gets traded from the Houston Texans to the Buffalo Bills...
POND_OF_RED: "I'm excited to be joining the organization, can't wait to be part of the team and get started!
To all the fans in Houston, thanks for your support. I'll miss the city and the fans.

Thanks"
[Reply]
New World Order 12:19 AM 03-27-2023
To openly state a preference towards your new team to your former is typically deemed in poor taste, petty, low class, etc...
Pretty simple.
Nothing wrong with being honest
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 12:22 AM 03-27-2023
For example, POND_OF_RED gets traded from the Houston Texans to the Buffalo Bills...
POND_OF_RED: "I'm excited to be joining the organization, can't wait to be part of the team and get started!
To all the fans in Houston, thanks for your support. I'll miss the city and the fans.

Thanks"
Do all of your examples only include teams without winning pedigrees? I think it’s a little different when you get traded from a team with no Super Bowls to a team with 2 in the last 5 years. It’s like getting released from prison. Sure, it may not be polite to talk shit about the prison guards when you get out, but if you have no intentions of returning to that shit-hole of a place ever again what does it really matter what you say about them?
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:23 AM 03-27-2023
I forgive him for dumping on the Chargers porch before jumping the plane to Arrowhead. In fact, I think it's funny.

If I remember correctly this guy turned down offers from several other teams to come and play in KC. That's what I'm talking about!

And I just have to throw one more thing out there...

He wore Dirty Dan's number as a member of the LAC. Lol! I hope he wears it here.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 01:18 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Do all of your examples only include teams without winning pedigrees? I think it’s a little different when you get traded from a team with no Super Bowls to a team with 2 in the last 5 years. It’s like getting released from prison. Sure, it may not be polite to talk shit about the prison guards when you get out, but if you have no intentions of returning to that shit-hole of a place ever again what does it really matter what you say about them?
Tranquill's in no position to burn bridges since he's on a 1 year deal.

It's funny. You guys no longer seem to recognize "the shoe the other foot" in such a short time period of success.

Yet, you would've had a different opinion during the Elvis Grbac, Trent Green, Matt Cassel, Alex Smith eras when a player left the Chiefs and talked shit about them in favor of a Divisional rival.

I understand you're happy to get a LB on the cheap, (one the Chargers replaced with a better player), but, bottom line, it's low class, unnecessary commentary on his behalf.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 05:37 AM 03-27-2023
I don't get it. He didn't shit on the Chargers. He said "I've been on the wrong side of Arrowhead, looking forward to being on the right side" or words to that effect. That's not crapping on the Chargers, that's praise for his new team's fanbase.

I mean, whatever. I don't hear anything in that video that says "man, I hate the Chargers" at all.

But...I'm a fan of the quite recent Super Bowl LVII champion Kansas City Chiefs, also the same team that Mr. Tranquill just signed with, so what do I know?
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 06:28 AM 03-27-2023
It's funny. You guys no longer seem to recognize "the shoe the other foot" in such a short time period of success.
Short time period of success? We have literally played in as many AFC Championship games in the last 4 years as your franchise has played in since the merger 50+ years ago. We absolutely don’t recognize “the shoe on the other foot” because we grew out of those baby shoes within 5 years of the merger. We’ll never recognize what it’s like to be perennial losers like the Chargers because it’s been over half a century since the two franchises were separated by success.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 31
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Up