ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 31
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Drue Tranquill to Chiefs
RunKC 02:20 PM 03-17-2023

Sources: 1 year, up to $5M for Drue Tranquill to the #Chiefs, who I’m told chose Kansas City over five other suitors. https://t.co/NjlxDZVhlk

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) March 17, 2023

[Reply]
Megatron96 12:40 PM 03-18-2023
This guy is really an interesting signing. The LB room is pretty flush, so why this guy right now? Was he just a happy accident, or is something else going on?
[Reply]
Archie Bunker 12:51 PM 03-18-2023
Harris was out there a lot, they needed to replace him. They also have limited options behind Bolton and Gay.

People are trying to connect dots that aren’t there. Gay trade, 3-4, Chenal to DE, etc. They’ve upgraded the 3rd/4th LB spot left behind by Harris, that is all.
[Reply]
FANATIC 12:52 PM 03-18-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
This guy is really an interesting signing. The LB room is pretty flush, so why this guy right now? Was he just a happy accident, or is something else going on?
I think its just CHEAP CONTRACT depth and versatility. Bound to be guys injured. More match up choices for Spags. 4 LBS are not too many.
[Reply]
Wilson8 01:44 PM 03-18-2023
Paul Harvey’s– “The Rest of the Story” (For you old farts)

As a senior in Fort Wayne, Indiana in 2013, Drue Tranquill ran for 1,420 yards, 28 touchdowns on 114 carries. He also had 16 receptions for 348 yards and five touchdowns.

Last year’s Kansas City Chiefs fullback, Michael Burton is gone, having signed with the Denver Broncos.

Several people on here have commented that the Chiefs use of a fullback is a waste as he really is a special teams player that plays a few times on offense.

Andy Reid likes fullbacks. As a head coach since 1999, he has always had a fullback on his team.

Linebackers can wear a 40s series number. Fullbacks can wear a 40s series number. Drue wore #49 while with the Chargers.

When offered the job to play offense, defense, and special teams, Drue said, “Hell yes! Sign me up!" This last part I just made up, but why let facts get in the way of a good story.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 02:14 PM 03-18-2023
This guy could also play the third Safety roll that Spags like to deploy but disguise it to the offense!

Keep em guessing...
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:23 PM 03-18-2023
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Paul Harvey’s– “The Rest of the Story” (For you old farts)

As a senior in Fort Wayne, Indiana in 2013, Drue Tranquill ran for 1,420 yards, 28 touchdowns on 114 carries. He also had 16 receptions for 348 yards and five touchdowns.

Last year’s Kansas City Chiefs fullback, Michael Burton is gone, having signed with the Denver Broncos.

Several people on here have commented that the Chiefs use of a fullback is a waste as he really is a special teams player that plays a few times on offense.

Andy Reid likes fullbacks. As a head coach since 1999, he has always had a fullback on his team.

Linebackers can wear a 40s series number. Fullbacks can wear a 40s series number. Drue wore #49 while with the Chargers.

When offered the job to play offense, defense, and special teams, Drue said, “Hell yes! Sign me up!" This last part I just made up, but why let facts get in the way of a good story.
WTF is this Boomer nonsense….
[Reply]
TEX 03:13 PM 03-18-2023
This guy is a very good football player.
[Reply]
O.city 03:14 PM 03-18-2023
He can really cover at the lb spot too so that’s nice
[Reply]
Bowser 03:19 PM 03-18-2023
Well, if you can't lock Travis Kelce down in 1-on-1 coverage and are basically tired of him beating you like a redheaded stepchild twice a season, go ahead and sign with his team at a ridiculously discounted price and reap the rewards.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:59 PM 03-18-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Well, if you can't lock Travis Kelce down in 1-on-1 coverage and are basically tired of him beating you like a redheaded stepchild twice a season, go ahead and sign with his team at a ridiculously discounted price and reap the rewards.
I wonder how he did against TEs not named Travis Kelce?
[Reply]
redfan 04:02 PM 03-18-2023
This guy is a great LB, very versatile. Good get by Garth Geech.
[Reply]
Dark Horse 07:06 PM 03-18-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Well if that’s the criteria we’re going to be signing all the linebackers
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:08 PM 03-18-2023
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
From what I recall of seeing Tranquil play is he seems to always be right in the middle of every play. And many times getting the RB or QB in the backfield.
He's also a decent blitzer.

To me, the surprising part is NOT bringing back Harris. Wonder what the story is there.
[Reply]
Archie Bunker 03-19-2023, 07:23 AM
This message has been deleted by Archie Bunker.
Rain Man 01:32 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
He's also a decent blitzer.

To me, the surprising part is NOT bringing back Harris. Wonder what the story is there.
Yeah, I'm surprised by harris. I half-wonder if the chiefs were being nice to him because he can get a starting job somewhere else and not in Kansas city.

I agree on Tranquill. In the little bit that I've seen of him, he's always been very impressive. I'm a big fan of this signing.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:37 PM 03-19-2023
He looks like a big upgrade over Harris, imo. Much better in coverage, and I think he's more athletic, in the little film I've seen of the guy. He's in a couple of the DHop highlight reels. Obviously, he's not covering Nuk, but he shows up at the tackle or incoming. He looks pretty fast.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 31
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up