ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 52 of 56
« First < 2424849505152 53545556 >
Media Center>Indiana Jones 5: First Details
Hammock Parties 12:33 PM 05-21-2021
https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2021/...5gsE-j2lqNlXGk

Originally Posted by :
Plot and character details have still been kept tightly under wraps, until now. The Illuminerdi can exclusively reveal the roles of Mads Mikkelsen and Shaunette Renée Wilson. And on top of that, when the next installment of the Indiana Jones franchise will take place.

According to our sources, Mads Mikkelsen will be playing the villain in this new installment of Indiana Jones. His character is described to us as a Nazi scientist enlisted into NASA by the United States government to work on the space agency’s moon landing initiative.

Shaunette Renee Wilson will be playing Mads Mikkelsen’s villain’s CIA handler responsible for “babysitting” the Nazi scientist turned NASA recruit. There will also be a female villain, “an evil and brutal killer” who will work with Mads Mikkelsen’s character. According to our sources, Scarlett Johansson actually passed on this role previously.

Mads Mikkelsen’s character’s description not only reveals that he will be the villain of Indiana Jones 5, but when the franchise’s next installment will be taking place.

The next Indiana Jones adventure would logically be set during the 1960s space race. NASA’s Apollo 11 landed on the moon in 1969, so it wouldn’t be a shock for the film to be set later in the 1960s, especially since the fourth Indiana Jones film was set in 1957. And in classic Indiana Jones fashion it looks like our hat wearing, whip wielding, archeologist will have another chance to punch some Nazis, with Mikkelsen’s villain being a former scientist for Hitler’s Reich.

[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 02:30 PM 07-04-2023
Imagine blowing it with Indiana Jones and Star Wars.

The two easiest franchises to make money with.

90% of fans would have done better.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:31 PM 07-04-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
:-) Should have Indy rescue a bunch of kids again

Reeeally wanting to go see SOF, hearing nothing but superlatives about it
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:03 PM 07-04-2023
I loved the Indy chases. Was worth the price of admission. Seeing the AI Indy fighting Nazis brought me great joy.

It was the female lead, she just miscast. Also how are we suppose to care about her when she ran away and left Indy to die like, 3 times?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:33 PM 07-04-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I loved the Indy chases. Was worth the price of admission. Seeing the AI Indy fighting Nazis brought me great joy.

It was the female lead, she just miscast. Also how are we suppose to care about her when she ran away and left Indy to die like, 3 times?
Yep, it was a decent movie. That is the most disappointing thing about it.

You have one of the greatest IPs of all time and all you can do is do something decent? It was like something you'd watch on Sci-Fi channel on a Saturday afternoon.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:27 AM 07-05-2023
It's over Kathy...

https://fortune.com/2023/07/02/india...FcgEzaIrmNVK6A

Originally Posted by :
Indiana Jones, and executives at the Walt Disney Co. and Lucasfilm, made a somewhat dispiriting discovery this weekend. Moviegoers didn’t rush to the theater in significant numbers to see “ Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny” and say goodbye to Harrison Ford as the iconic archaeologist.

Including $70 million from international showings in 52 markets, “Dial of Destiny” celebrated a $130 million global opening. It easily earned the No. 1 title but was not the high-rolling sendoff for one of modern cinema’s most iconic actor/character pairings that anyone hoped.

“It’s impressive that a franchise that’s over 40 years old is No. 1 at the box office. But there’s no question there were higher hopes for the debut of this movie,” said Paul Dergarabedian, the senior media analyst for Comscore. “This is Indiana Jones. This is a summer movie icon.”

Disney has a “clear weekend” ahead with no competing blockbusters, when studio heads can reasonably hope for more families and older audiences to buy tickets. But things will only get more challenging for “Dial of Destiny” in the coming weeks with a crowded July. “Mission: Impossible-Dead Reckoning Part I” opens on July 12, followed by “Oppenheimer” and “Barbie” on July 21.

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:31 AM 07-05-2023
Logic in that article is very strange. Shouldn't they be expecting a massive drop off in the second weekend since it debuted on a holiday weekend.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:05 PM 07-06-2023
had more fun watching this

[Reply]
|Zach| 05:32 PM 07-06-2023
The Indiana Jones movie was good. It checked off all the boxes including being clever but not too clever, maps showing travels indicated by red lines, interesting historical drop ins, and totally unnecessary deaths.

Was nice to be transported to a time where everyone hated Nazis.
[Reply]
|Zach| 05:33 PM 07-06-2023
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I haven’t seen it yet but .
Should have just stopped there.
[Reply]
Bump 07:31 PM 07-06-2023
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
The Indiana Jones movie was good. It checked off all the boxes including being clever but not too clever, maps showing travels indicated by red lines, interesting historical drop ins, and totally unnecessary deaths.

Was nice to be transported to a time where everyone hated Nazis.
so it was indeed woke enough, got it
[Reply]
|Zach| 07:35 PM 07-06-2023
Originally Posted by Bump:
:-)

You guys are miserable.
[Reply]
Spott 07:38 PM 07-06-2023
Originally Posted by Bump:
It’s just impossible for him to ever stop being an insufferable douche.
[Reply]
Bump 08:02 PM 07-06-2023
:-)

You guys are miserable.
I would be if I weighed 300 lbs, that's for sure
[Reply]
|Zach| 08:26 PM 07-06-2023
Anyway, it was a good movie I enjoyed it! I will let you guys do your thing.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:16 PM 07-06-2023
Should have just stopped there.

Whew. I’m glad to know he isn’t divorced and living alone being portrayed as drinking and depressed.
[Reply]
Page 52 of 56
« First < 2424849505152 53545556 >
Up