ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 46 of 56
« First < 364243444546 47484950 > Last »
Media Center>Indiana Jones 5: First Details
Hammock Parties 12:33 PM 05-21-2021
https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2021/...5gsE-j2lqNlXGk

Originally Posted by :
Plot and character details have still been kept tightly under wraps, until now. The Illuminerdi can exclusively reveal the roles of Mads Mikkelsen and Shaunette Renée Wilson. And on top of that, when the next installment of the Indiana Jones franchise will take place.

According to our sources, Mads Mikkelsen will be playing the villain in this new installment of Indiana Jones. His character is described to us as a Nazi scientist enlisted into NASA by the United States government to work on the space agency’s moon landing initiative.

Shaunette Renee Wilson will be playing Mads Mikkelsen’s villain’s CIA handler responsible for “babysitting” the Nazi scientist turned NASA recruit. There will also be a female villain, “an evil and brutal killer” who will work with Mads Mikkelsen’s character. According to our sources, Scarlett Johansson actually passed on this role previously.

Mads Mikkelsen’s character’s description not only reveals that he will be the villain of Indiana Jones 5, but when the franchise’s next installment will be taking place.

The next Indiana Jones adventure would logically be set during the 1960s space race. NASA’s Apollo 11 landed on the moon in 1969, so it wouldn’t be a shock for the film to be set later in the 1960s, especially since the fourth Indiana Jones film was set in 1957. And in classic Indiana Jones fashion it looks like our hat wearing, whip wielding, archeologist will have another chance to punch some Nazis, with Mikkelsen’s villain being a former scientist for Hitler’s Reich.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:36 PM 06-28-2023

Just gonna leave this right here, from @mang0ld himself last December…

Having seen this movie, and thoroughly enjoyed it, we can completely confirm what he says. Don’t let others rob you of an experience by letting them think for you. #IndianaJones #DialOfDestiny pic.twitter.com/WkL3L7enJj

— IndyintheClassroom (@IndyInTheClass) June 28, 2023

#DialOfDestiny #IndianaJones @Disney @Lucasfilm
I really hope no one says "I don't get it".
I really hope so. pic.twitter.com/mob6f8xxBZ

— The Indiana Jones Picture Gallery Project (@Barnett_College) June 28, 2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:52 PM 06-28-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch:
:-) That's one way of putting it. I did like Multiverse though.
I need to see that one. I really like Dr. Strange. Or more accurately, Cumberbatch in the role.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:52 PM 06-28-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I was expecting the worst based on what I read online about Thor. I was pleasantly surprised.

It wasn't Ragnarok, but it was a damn sight better than crap like Iron Man 2.

People complain too much about CGI.
Love and Thunder was shite.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:54 PM 06-28-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Love and Thunder was shite.
better than those piles of ridley scott garbage you were stroking off earlier
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:10 PM 06-28-2023
better than those piles of ridley scott garbage you were stroking off earlier
You only think that because Hemsworth showed his ass.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:40 PM 06-28-2023
all the indy fanboys are gaga over this flick

we're gonna have a good time friday

There are certainly some things to critique (pacing was a bit off), but #DialOfDestiny absolutely captures the heart and spirit of #IndianaJones, bringing all the fun along with it. pic.twitter.com/wlOIeyNjpl

— Jordan Maison (@JordanMaison) June 29, 2023

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:39 AM 06-29-2023
After feeling let down by KOTCS, last night I let out a sigh of relief (No Spoilers)

Originally Posted by :
It was good, it was really good.

I've been watching these films since I can remember, graining taped off the TV tapes on a Saturday morning on our tiny color TV, making whips out of bits of string and wearing on of my mom's sun hats with my brother's oversized leather jacket.

Last night, I was that kid all over again. It hit all the beats, it felt like an Indy movie (Its not that I don't like KOTCS, it just never felt like an Indy movie)

I had the longest day at work so went to the final screening of the night, got out in the early morning, work again today, super tired but totally worth it, walked out with a smile on my face. That was a happy end to the franchise that I really needed.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:23 AM 06-29-2023
HOME RUN

Originally Posted by :
James Mangold knows exactly what fans want and he delivers it in spades in this film, which delights in every minute it spends honoring its predecessors. Steven Spielberg and George Lucas, who turned over the reins to Mangold, both serving only as executive producers on this film after having written and directed all four previous installments, picked the perfect director to take Indy into his final adventure. Mangold is a director with a particular knack at delivering high octane, audience-pleasing, fast-paced films that still manage to keep a core of humanity and vulnerability at its heart. In this era of action films aimed at teenagers that revel in fantasy and superheroes, Mangold makes thrilling films for adults, films like 3:10 to Yuma, Logan, and Ford v Ferrari. If there would be any director who could stay true to the Indiana Jones legacy of adventure, action and thrills while mining every bit of emotional (read: nostalgic) connection without falling into sentimentality, it is Mangold.

And he delivers.

Now let’s be real here, Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny is far from perfect. It gets really silly, especially in the final act, and some sequences are borderline over-the-top, but there is absolutely no denying the fact that I was grinning from ear to ear from start to finish, buoyed in part, yes, by the rush of nostalgic affection that was coursing through my 52-year old veins, but also by the sensational artistry and craft that went into the making of this film, a film that is everything a movie should be, the kind of movie that reminds you why movies were ever even made in the first place.

It’s impossible to not feel Spielberg’s influence and spirit in every frame. Oscar-winning production designer Adam Stockhausen (Grand Budapest Hotel, Bride of Spies, West Side Story) creates a visual world that brings you in and allows the actors to roam, breathe and maneuver through adventure after adventure, while Oscar-nominated cinematographer Phedon Papamichael (The Trial of the Chicago Seven, Ford v Ferrari) captures the essence of the adventure serials that inspired Lucas and Spielberg to create the character of Indiana Jones in the first place. No Indiana Jones film is complete without the iconic score by John Williams, and the same Oscar-winning editing team that created those thrilling racing sequences in Ford v Ferrari pull out all their tricks in the multitude of chase sequences here, most not even on wheels.

If you follow the chatter on social media sites, there will be a lot of bantering about where Dial of Destiny ranks in the pantheon of Indiana Jones films (Is it worse than Kingdom of the Crystal Skull? Nothing could ever be) or questions about whether Ford is too old to play Indy (No). If you are a fan of the Indiana Jones movies, in any way shape or form, you just need to tune it all out and take this film for no more and no less than what it is: a whole lot of fun. It is escapist entertainment with excellent action, lots of laughs, incredible production values and a heavy dose of nostalgia that is, guaranteed, at one point or another, to make your heart ever so slightly heavy at the thought that we’ll never see this again.

But if there’s any way to go out, Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny finds the best way to say goodbye–by honoring the past, capturing the spirit of the franchise and doing exactly what Indiana Jones does best: going off into history in style—and the crack of a whip.

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:34 AM 06-29-2023
https://www.nme.com/news/tv/star-war...colyte-3462472

Originally Posted by :
Star Wars reportedly casts first ever transgender actor
Charlotte Krol
2 minutes

The Star Wars franchise has its first ever transgender actor, who will star in forthcoming spinoff series The Acolyte.

According to DisneyDining.com, Abigail Thorn has been cast as Ensign Eurus in the forthcoming Disney+ series alongside Amandla Stenberg, Jodie Turner-Smith, Dafne Keen and others.

Thorn has yet to confirm the news publicly. NME has contacted Disney+ for comment.

Thorn is a British actress, writer and director who produces the YouTube channel Philosophy Tube. Her recent work includes the play The Prince.

In October 2021 she came out as a transgender woman, sharing her new name, pronouns and story on her YouTube channel.

The Acolyte, led by Russian Doll co-creator Leslye Headland, is described as a mystery-thriller set in the final days of the High Republic era – a period set roughly 200 years before events of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace.

The series joins an expansive slate of Star Wars TV shows including Obi-Wan Kenobi, Andor and The Mandalorian – see the list here.

A TV series for Lando Calrissian, originally played by Billy Dee Williams and later by Donald Glover in Solo: A Star Wars Story, was also announced in 2020 from director and writer Justin Simien (Dear White People).

While details on the project have been few since, Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy did acknowledge the series in an interview with GamesRadar in May 2022, saying they’re “still talking about Lando with Donald Glover”.

In other news, Andor was supposed to feature the franchise’s first ever F-bomb but it ended up being refused by Disney, while Pedro Pascal has revealed that he no longer appears on set for The Mandalorian.
Clay is supporting Kennedy, whose brain child is this garbled trash.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:35 AM 06-29-2023
:-) who cares? it's not like she's the star
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:37 AM 06-29-2023
LOL, supporting groomers
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:43 AM 06-29-2023
ZERO TOLERANCE
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:06 PM 06-29-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
ZERO TOLERANCE
trans people are allowed to exist and hold jobs :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:07 PM 06-29-2023
24 hours

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:10 PM 06-29-2023
trans people are allowed to exist and hold jobs :-)
Star Wars: The Acolyte Will Reflect Showrunner's Own Queer Identity
[Reply]
Page 46 of 56
« First < 364243444546 47484950 > Last »
Up