ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 366 of 382
« First < 266316356362363364365366 367368369370376 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bearcat 11:46 AM 06-03-2023
I had to consult beeradvocate to figure out what I've had from Cerebral because it sounded really familiar.... and I bought a bottle of there Barrel Aged Work From Home a while back. Wish I had dropped by the last time I was in Denver, looks like they make a lot of BBA stouts.

WeldWerks and now Cerebral in Phoenix... :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:37 PM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I had to consult beeradvocate to figure out what I've had from Cerebral because it sounded really familiar.... and I bought a bottle of there Barrel Aged Work From Home a while back. Wish I had dropped by the last time I was in Denver, looks like they make a lot of BBA stouts.

WeldWerks and now Cerebral in Phoenix... :-)
I've been seeing Cerebral for a little bit here but its been their hoppy beers

Never had a stout from them but that Trophy Hunt is reminiscent of the big viscous stouts I'm used to which are few and far between down here...understandably so given the triple digit temps
[Reply]
lewdog 08:21 AM 07-01-2023
Will be trying these today. Thanks to KCU for making me aware of dates on beers. A few of the singles on the shelf had 12-2022 dates. Yikes.
Attached: IMG_5259.jpg (73.6 KB) 
[Reply]
Pablo 08:40 AM 07-01-2023
Very interested in how you like the mango joint
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:54 AM 07-01-2023
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Will be trying these today. Thanks to KCU for making me aware of dates on beers. A few of the singles on the shelf had 12-2022 dates. Yikes.
I still need to find a couple IPAs that are a few or 6 months apart and do a side-by-side... I know a couple people who will adamantly refuse drinking an IPA if it's more than 4 weeks old, which I find a bit extreme, but don't pay close enough attention to think... damn, this is fresh!
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:16 AM 07-01-2023
Its not just age but storage

Store cold, drink fresh

X number of weeks in the fridge != X number of weeks sitting on a shelf with the sun hitting it through a window

Its really finding that sweet spot with IPAs, which can differ due to brewery logistics and quality control. Some hold up better than others

Life's too short to be drinking unfresh IPAs
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:05 AM 07-01-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Its not just age but storage

Store cold, drink fresh

X number of weeks in the fridge != X number of weeks sitting on a shelf with the sun hitting it through a window

Its really finding that sweet spot with IPAs, which can differ due to brewery logistics and quality control. Some hold up better than others

Life's too short to be drinking unfresh IPAs
Someone at Toppling Goliath was telling me how much effort they put into making sure their beer stays cold every step of the way, all the way to chilled fridges at beer stores..... and then I got home and the local beer store had stacks of King Sue sitting out on shelves. :-) :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:11 AM 07-01-2023
Someone at Toppling Goliath was telling me how much effort they put into making sure their beer stays cold every step of the way, all the way to chilled fridges at beer stores..... and then I got home and the local beer store had stacks of King Sue sitting out on shelves. :-) :-)
Larry Bell once pulled his beer from Illinois over state laws that tied him to a distributer that would pull that kind of BS. Not storing cold, giving priority to bigger brands, in-store placement, etc.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:11 AM 07-01-2023
This one says "best by mid-August".... so, that seems good?

[Reply]
KCUnited 10:14 AM 07-01-2023
This one says "best by mid-August".... so, that seems good?

Ugh I hate best buy dates

Its ambiguous at best

Just tell me the date it went into the can, full transparency
[Reply]
lewdog 10:17 AM 07-01-2023

Its ambiguous at best

Buehler is my financial planner and KCUunited is my life coach.

I’m finding balance at CP with these two.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:19 AM 07-01-2023
And TG is much better about it now but back when they were in bottles their date was almost impossible to see. Intentionally faint.

Nothing more awkward than holding a bottle up to the light at the liquor store trying to find, let alone read the date while employees are looking at you like you're insinuating they're selling old beer.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:20 AM 07-01-2023

Its ambiguous at best

Yep, totally agree... far better to say "born on xx-xx-xxx" and then if you feel the need to say "and also best within x weeks" or just say drink asap as possible.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:20 AM 07-01-2023
:-) @ best buy dates

Obviously meant best by but am triggered by the topic and mash typing
[Reply]
SurroundedByMorons 10:22 AM 07-01-2023
I still need to find a couple IPAs that are a few or 6 months apart and do a side-by-side... I know a couple people who will adamantly refuse drinking an IPA if it's more than 4 weeks old, which I find a bit extreme, but don't pay close enough attention to think... damn, this is fresh!
4 weeks seems a bit arbitrary, but I have noticed some NEIPAs definitely start dropping off the really bright notes somewhere around that age range. Who knows, might also be confirmation bias. I have really seen the drop in these new "hop kief" beers. Insanely good when a week or two old and then they start showing their age.

I see you are in Phoenix, do you see North Park (San Diego) regularly? I was super impressed with their offerings.
[Reply]
Page 366 of 382
« First < 266316356362363364365366 367368369370376 > Last »
Up