ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 319 of 382
« First < 219269309315316317318319 320321322323329369 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bearcat 07:39 PM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Things keep trending the way they are and I’ll be down for the 2022 and beyond Ground Control meetups :-)
Damnit, I have plans that day.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:43 PM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
My God damn wife is meeting some girlfriends there right now.

I am now tasked with bathing and putting to bed the crazy ass toddler who will whine about his mama being gone.
I got a few alerts for Toppling Goliath today.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:01 PM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Damnit, I have plans that day.
Real conversation: should I start drinking down my stash or can we just drive it down with the cat?
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:14 PM 08-04-2021
Real conversation: should I start drinking down my stash or can we just drive it down with the cat?
Bring it all!

I might also show up at your door in ~6 weeks.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:55 PM 08-04-2021
Bring it all!

I might also show up at your door in ~6 weeks.
I'll let my wife know you're a maybe in the help drink it down now camp. Which would be totally awesome btw.
[Reply]
scho63 10:12 PM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
My God damn wife is meeting some girlfriends there right now.

I am now tasked with bathing and putting to bed the crazy ass toddler who will whine about his mama being gone.
Do you remember the exact moment your wife took your man card? :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:48 AM 08-10-2021
2021 BCBS release info. Eyeballing that Fourteen.

https://chicago.eater.com/2021/8/10/...t-black-friday

Bourbon County Stout: This is the original base and will feature “flavors of chocolate and vanilla, oak, whiskey, and molasses, followed by caramel, berry fruit, and almond.” The beer comes from blended from a mix of Heaven Hill, Wild Turkey, and Buffalo Trace bourbon barrels. Last year, Goose Island quietly put out select bottles out in the wild made from single barrels (rather than the blend). Fans drank up the single-origin bottles, and Goose Island now sells them as a set. Perhaps these so-called Easter Eggs will return for 2021.

Bourbon County Cherry Wood Stout: For the first time, Goose Island took the base Bourbon County Stout and used toasted honeycomb-shaped cherry wood chips. Goose says this will impart a noticeable difference from the base by adding “red fruit, ripe cherry, and light toffee.”

Bourbon County Reserve 150 Stout: The beer’s aged in Old Forester 150th Anniversary Barrels. Expect “notes of chocolate, vanilla, and coconut,” plus “molasses, almond, berry, and oak.” This will be a coveted bottle.

Bourbon County Double Barrel Toasted Barrel Stout: Double-barreled Bourbon County stout was originally bottled last year (it’s still available at the Clybourn brewpub). This year’s edition is aged a year in Elijah Craig’s small batch bourbon barrels and another year in Elijah Craig toasted bourbon barrels. Expect “toasted marshmallow” and a “fruit and oak finish.”

Bourbon County Reserve Blanton’s Stout: This Reserve is aged 18 months in Blanton’s Original single Barrel bourbon vessels. These barrels are from a high-end bourbon, and expect “rich dark chocolate and oak notes,” and finished with “clove, nutmeg, and cinnamon.”

Bourbon County Classic Cola Stout: Perhaps a spiritual sibling to last year’s Kentucky Fog (made with tea), Goose Island turns to another beverage. Goose described it as a “whisky cola” with “lime, orange juice and zest, plus coriander, cassia bark, nutmeg, brown sugar, and vanilla.”

Bourbon County Fourteen Stout: This is a throwback to a beloved variant from seven years ago. Goose has revived its recipe from the 2014 edition of its Chicago-only Proprietor’s Bourbon County Stout. Once again expect cassia bark, cocoa nibs, panela unrefined cane sugar, and coconut water.

Proprietor’s Bourbon County Stout: Only available in the Chicago market, Proprietor’s is one of the most sought after variants. This year’s is inspired by a strawberry ice cream bar. Expect to be reminded of short cake “layered with vanilla and topped off with the slight fruitiness of strawberries.”
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:03 PM 08-10-2021
Interesting... much more straight up bourbon stouts, but with some damn good bourbon.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:02 AM 08-11-2021
Interesting... much more straight up bourbon stouts, but with some damn good bourbon.
I think its the smart play by Goose. Over the last handful of years, their non-flavored BCBS variants have been much better than their flavored attempts, imo. And with their scale they can source the highest quality barrels, so not as much need to load them up with girl scout cookies*.

*I'm not above girl scout cookie stouts

Interesting there's no coffee or barleywine variants this year.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:18 AM 08-11-2021
I think its the smart play by Goose. Over the last handful of years, their non-flavored BCBS variants have been much better than their flavored attempts, imo. And with their scale they can source the highest quality barrels, so not as much need to load them up with girl scout cookies*.

*I'm not above girl scout cookie stouts

Interesting there's no coffee or barleywine variants this year.
The original coffee variant was my favorite (and bought a couple last time I was in Chicago), but really liked the Cafe de Olla, too.

But yeah, going back at least a few years, can't think of any others that stand out besides the maple syrup special #4 (and there are better BBA maple stouts). I still see Midnight Orange and some others in Phoenix that go for like $10.

I kind of want a Thin Mint variant now.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:36 AM 08-11-2021
The original coffee variant was my favorite (and bought a couple last time I was in Chicago), but really liked the Cafe de Olla, too.

But yeah, going back at least a few years, can't think of any others that stand out besides the maple syrup special #4 (and there are better BBA maple stouts). I still see Midnight Orange and some others in Phoenix that go for like $10.

I kind of want a Thin Mint variant now.
I had Samoas in mind when making that post.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:07 AM 08-11-2021
I had Samoas in mind when making that post.
Shit, that would be amazing.

Southern Tier did both and they were both very good. Mint can be tougher though, I've noticed... BL did one that actually wasn't amazing, only because it was so on point it tasted like you were drinking melted ice cream.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:43 PM 08-13-2021
Friday night.

[Reply]
KCUnited 10:30 AM 08-14-2021
First time in Madison WI for the Taste.

Beers pouring
[Reply]
scho63 10:49 AM 08-14-2021
I drank some Kona Big Wave ale this week. Simple and light for summertime.
[Reply]
Page 319 of 382
« First < 219269309315316317318319 320321322323329369 > Last »
Up