ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 38
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Episode IX
Hammock Parties 07:39 PM 07-09-2018
Welp, time to start the thread because LANDO IS BACK.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...ing-episode-ix

Originally Posted by :
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed the long-gestating rumors that Billy Dee Williams will return to that galaxy far, far away and will reprise his role of Lando Calrissian for next yearís Star Wars: Episode IX!

Williams made his debut as the gambling scoundrel in Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, reprising in Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, and in countless other Star Wars shows like Star Wars Rebels and games like Star Wars: Jedi Knight II Ė Jedi Outcast. He even voiced the character in various Robot Chicken and Family Guy episodes dedicated solely to Star Wars as well as The LEGO Movie. Donald Glover stepped into the role earlier this year to play a younger Lando in Solo: A Star Wars Story.

In Episode IX, Williams joins returning franchise stars Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, and Adam Driver, plus newcomer (and frequent J.J. Abrams collabroator) Keri Russell.

[Reply]
Bowser 06:06 PM 10-19-2018
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
I don't care if he is in it. I will not pay money to see this movie.
I really, really want to agree with you. But....

The Last Jedi has annoyed me more and more as time has gone on, but even that said I know I can't not see IX within the first week of it coming out. I mean shit, I'm 40 years invested into this thing now. I might as well see it through to the end, even if I do find myself practically begging for Lucas himself to show up with Ewoks and Gungans in tow to save the end and epilogue of this epic story.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:36 PM 10-19-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I really, really want to agree with you. But....

The Last Jedi has annoyed me more and more as time has gone on, but even that said I know I can't not see IX within the first week of it coming out. I mean shit, I'm 40 years invested into this thing now. I might as well see it through to the end, even if I do find myself practically begging for Lucas himself to show up with Ewoks and Gungans in tow to save the end and epilogue of this epic story.
Iím 53. I saw the original in the theater when I was 11.

And Iím done with it. Fuck these people.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:16 PM 10-29-2018
Boba Fett is dead. Another casualty of Episode 8.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:18 PM 10-29-2018
I bet you anything the Mandalorian is Boba Fett.

False flag.
[Reply]
bowener 06:21 AM 10-31-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I bet you anything the Mandalorian is Boba Fett.

False flag.
When in the timeline is this film taking place?

Also, I miss Dane.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:52 AM 10-31-2018
Are any of you watching Star Wars: Resistance?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:06 AM 11-15-2018
magical

Originally Posted by :
"I gotta watch myself because the Star Wars PD is going to come get me, but it is incredible," Lourd, who plays Lieutenant Connix in the latest Star Wars trilogy, tells ET. "I've read the script and I've been on set. I was on set for, like, three weeks back in September, and it is going to be magical."

"I can't say much more, but I'm so excited about it and so grateful to be a part of it," she adds. "Star Wars is my heart. I love it."

[Reply]
bowener 10:36 AM 11-15-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
magical
Maybe he literally means magical, and they are going to use magic to undo what was done in the previous film. It was Rey's vision. She never left the cave on the island...

The first line of the film will be, "who the fuck is Rose?"
[Reply]
BigRichard 10:53 AM 11-15-2018
no1curr
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:56 AM 11-15-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I bet you anything the Mandalorian is Boba Fett.

False flag.
See that might be something fun and interesting.

That doesn't happen in Star Wars anymore. Now they just want to shit on the past and preach.

So no - anything you want to see happen won't. And when it doesn't, you'll still come to this thread and squeal about how great yet another Disney Led POS installment to this franchise was.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:59 AM 11-15-2018
Originally Posted by bowener:
Maybe he literally means magical, and they are going to use magic to undo what was done in the previous film. It was Rey's vision. She never left the cave on the island...

The first line of the film will be, "who the fuck is Rose?"
She.

Lourd is Carrie Fisher's daughter.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:41 PM 01-10-2019
https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2019...ix-rumors.html

ThrowAnother9’ also discussed multiple impressions from the set of the film, which is apparently the first time he’s ever been on a Star Wars set.

He refused to spoil anything, given that jobs would be on the line if he did, but he was willing to share that two co-workers that are longtime fans of the franchise and Legends material – one of whom enjoyed The Last Jedi, and one who decidedly did not – were both immensely satisfied with the footage that was coming together. As in, “tears of joy” satisfied.

That’s some high praise. He also noted that this praise didn’t mean that fans would like absolutely everything in the film, but it certainly seems like Lucasfilm is happy with the film.

Outside of internal reactions, ThrowAnother9 explained that the scale of the film is incredibly large, even by Star Wars standards, and fans will be surprised. Filming is currently focused on the third act of the film, which only makes sense with how J. J. Abrams prefers to film his movies in sequence as much as possible.

A lot is being filmed in a short period of time, which makes the technical accomplishments on the film all the more impressive. There’s also an abundance of behind-the-scenes content being produced simultaneously during the production, so it’s possible that we could see documentaries as extensive as Secrets of The Force Awakens: A Cinematic Journey and The Director and the Jedi hit the Blu-Ray. One last thing he stated is that the Millennium Falcon is back, but that goes without saying.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 04:49 PM 01-10-2019
Tears in his eyes, I guess.


[Reply]
RINGLEADER 05:24 PM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2019...ix-rumors.html

ThrowAnother9’ also discussed multiple impressions from the set of the film, which is apparently the first time he’s ever been on a Star Wars set.

He refused to spoil anything, given that jobs would be on the line if he did, but he was willing to share that two co-workers that are longtime fans of the franchise and Legends material – one of whom enjoyed The Last Jedi, and one who decidedly did not – were both immensely satisfied with the footage that was coming together. As in, “tears of joy” satisfied.

That’s some high praise. He also noted that this praise didn’t mean that fans would like absolutely everything in the film, but it certainly seems like Lucasfilm is happy with the film.

Outside of internal reactions, ThrowAnother9 explained that the scale of the film is incredibly large, even by Star Wars standards, and fans will be surprised. Filming is currently focused on the third act of the film, which only makes sense with how J. J. Abrams prefers to film his movies in sequence as much as possible.

A lot is being filmed in a short period of time, which makes the technical accomplishments on the film all the more impressive. There’s also an abundance of behind-the-scenes content being produced simultaneously during the production, so it’s possible that we could see documentaries as extensive as Secrets of The Force Awakens: A Cinematic Journey and The Director and the Jedi hit the Blu-Ray. One last thing he stated is that the Millennium Falcon is back, but that goes without saying.
This kind of thing leaks out of every Star Wars film.

They said it about the prequels.

They said it about the sequels.

They even said TLJ was the best film since Empire and it was mostly a flaming piece of crap for a lot of Star Wars fans.

All that said...


[Reply]
Bowser 11:56 AM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Are any of you watching Star Wars: Resistance?
I've tried watching three episodes so far and haven't finished a single one. Without going into much detail, don't watch this. It is literally unwatchable.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 38
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up