ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 203
< 123 45671353103 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
NewChief 06:34 PM 01-05-2014
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Have they seen Rudy?
Good call. Adding to list.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:53 PM 01-05-2014
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Seen all the Star Wars. Youngest has been bugging shit out of me about Indiana Jones, but I haven't done it yet. Probably about time. Face melting scene seems a bit much.
Heh, not George Lucas. The movie Lucas with Corey Haim....
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 07:28 PM 01-05-2014
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
You need to check your eyesight. I don't think any of those actors are black
I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or if you're really not familiar with the term black comedy - also known as a dark comedy.

The more you know... .
[Reply]
KcMizzou 07:32 PM 01-05-2014
Originally Posted by Bowser:
The Incredibles
Aladdin
Is it bad that I can still sing songs from that movie?

Great soundtrack.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 07:34 PM 01-05-2014
Dallas Buyers Club was a fantastic performance all around. It can obviously be a bit depressing to start off with given the subject matter, but I think it has a positive note to it, and shows a man who was basically living for himself and completely ignorant can make a huge difference and impact once given a true purpose to his life and faced with an initial diagnosis of 30 days or less to live and ended up living many many years longer trying to do good for those facing the same epidemic he was.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:37 PM 01-05-2014
Originally Posted by KcMizzou:
Is it bad that I can still sing songs from that movie?

Great soundtrack.
Now I have "A Whole New World" blaring at 11 in my brain speakers. Thanks.
[Reply]
KcMizzou 07:46 PM 01-05-2014
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Now I have "A Whole New World" blaring at 11 in my brain speakers. Thanks.
"Prince Ali fabulous he, Ali Ababwa."
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:48 PM 01-05-2014
Originally Posted by KcMizzou:
"Prince Ali fabulous he, Ali Ababwa."
Genuflect, show some respect, down on one knee!
[Reply]
NewChief 08:00 PM 01-05-2014
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Heh, not George Lucas. The movie Lucas with Corey Haim....
Oh! I don't remember that either. Thanks.
[Reply]
KcMizzou 08:35 PM 01-05-2014
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Genuflect, show some respect, down on one knee!
Yep! Stuck in my head for life.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:21 PM 01-05-2014
"Riff raff! Street rat!
I don't buy that.
If only they'd look clooooser."
[Reply]
Nzoner 07:13 AM 01-06-2014
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Okay:

I need suggestions for family friendly movies that aren't the typical animated Pixar stuff because my kids have seen all of those. Things along the lines of Jumanji, Ghostbusters, Willow, Star Wars, The Hobbit, Harry Potter, etc...

I'd prefer movies with enough complexity to keep adults entertained, but they've got to be off the beaten path a bit. Classics with some artistic merit are preferred. We're talking a mature (too mature) 6 year old and a 9 year old here. The Hobbit is about as far as I'll go with the six year old as far as adult themes, and I caved on that one in a moment of weakness (I wanted to see the damned thing too, and I figured letting him see it was my best bet).

Some others they've enjoyed lately:
Escape to Witch Mountain
The Last Mimzy
Air Bud and all the "buddy" movies (groan, I can't stand watching these).


I'm thinking I may hit up all the Miyazaki movies soon. They saw Ponyo when they were younger, but I think they'd like all of them. My older child is obsessed with movies (like on the verge of Asperger's obsessed), so I'd like for him to at least watch stuff that isn't total shit, as he'll sit there and watch Super Buddies, Air Bud, Santa Buddies, and that dreck over and over if I let him, which causes no end of fights about what we're going to watch on family movie nights.
Bugsy Malone,yeah it's an old film but a classic.


[Reply]
Nzoner 07:18 AM 01-06-2014
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
You need to check your eyesight. I don't think any of those actors are black
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or if you're really not familiar with the term black comedy - also known as a dark comedy.

The more you know... .
I needed a good laugh this morning. :-)
[Reply]
underEJ 02:23 PM 01-06-2014
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Okay:

I need suggestions for family friendly movies that aren't the typical animated Pixar stuff because my kids have seen all of those. Things along the lines of Jumanji, Ghostbusters, Willow, Star Wars, The Hobbit, Harry Potter, etc...

I'd prefer movies with enough complexity to keep adults entertained, but they've got to be off the beaten path a bit. Classics with some artistic merit are preferred. We're talking a mature (too mature) 6 year old and a 9 year old here. The Hobbit is about as far as I'll go with the six year old as far as adult themes, and I caved on that one in a moment of weakness (I wanted to see the damned thing too, and I figured letting him see it was my best bet).

Some others they've enjoyed lately:
Escape to Witch Mountain
The Last Mimzy
Air Bud and all the "buddy" movies (groan, I can't stand watching these).


I'm thinking I may hit up all the Miyazaki movies soon. They saw Ponyo when they were younger, but I think they'd like all of them. My older child is obsessed with movies (like on the verge of Asperger's obsessed), so I'd like for him to at least watch stuff that isn't total shit, as he'll sit there and watch Super Buddies, Air Bud, Santa Buddies, and that dreck over and over if I let him, which causes no end of fights about what we're going to watch on family movie nights.
Whale Rider
The Secret Garden
Neverending Story
Freaky Friday (the Jodie Foster one)
Princess Bride
The Black Stallion
A Far Off Place

A bit older maybe but as you mention they are mature, I loved Seems Like Old Times when I was a kid. Saw it when I was ten, but would have enjoyed it even a few years younger than that.
[Reply]
underEJ 02:28 PM 01-06-2014
Originally Posted by underEJ:
Whale Rider
The Secret Garden
Neverending Story
Freaky Friday (the Jodie Foster one)
Princess Bride
The Black Stallion
A Far Off Place

A bit older maybe but as you mention they are mature, I loved Seems Like Old Times when I was a kid. Saw it when I was ten, but would have enjoyed it even a few years younger than that.
I forgot Amy (1981.) Wasn't available for a long time, but Disney rereleased it a year or so ago.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 203
< 123 45671353103 > Last »
Up