ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 35
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Bryan Cook Thread*****
Dante84 07:18 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Cook was the third-most valuable safety in college football in 2021 #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/PpjLYjZwK5

— Eric Eager ���� (@PFF_Eric) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:48 PM 06-16-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I was told by DJ that this guy sucks what gives
:-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:52 PM 06-16-2022
Why would anyone think he will struggle in coverage considering he didn't allow one touchdown last year

If this guy tested at the combine we would have never gotten him
You're right dude.

Brett Veach drafted 5 1st rounders, brah.

Chenal is a HoF talent, Sky Moore is the best WR in the draft, Cook would've worked his way into the 1st, McDuffie should've been in the top 10. Do I need to look in the Kinnard thread to see if you compared that guy to Orlando Pace yet?

Blah blah blah blah blah.

Suck more dick, would ya please?
[Reply]
RunKC 02:55 PM 06-16-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
If he struggles in coverage, but is a physical player, there's a place for that on a squad but it's not what it once was. It's not ideal, and you hope that's not the case.

But Jonathan Abram has shown that there's just not much of a need or place for that type anymore in the league.
Cook played corner at Howard 2 years before he transferred to Cincinnati. He had 17 passes defenses and 5 INT’s in 2 years playing corner.

Not saying he’s some stud in coverage but I wonder if they felt comfortable knowing he had previous success playing corner?

Only way to find out is to see him on the field
[Reply]
staylor26 03:02 PM 06-16-2022
If he struggles in coverage, but is a physical player, there's a place for that on a squad but it's not what it once was. It's not ideal, and you hope that's not the case.

But Jonathan Abram has shown that there's just not much of a need or place for that type anymore in the league.
He's not Abram though.

He's at least adequate as opposed to terrible in coverage.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:07 PM 06-16-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He's not Abram though.

I believe I compared him to Rapp at some point in here.

And in a vacuum that’s an okay pick. But as I said at the time, I feel like the fact that he was our 4th selection has us blowing past the reality that he was a 2nd round pick.

That’s not an insignificant investment.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:07 PM 06-16-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
You're right dude.

Brett Veach drafted 5 1st rounders, brah.

Chenal is a HoF talent, Sky Moore is the best WR in the draft, Cook would've worked his way into the 1st, McDuffie should've been in the top 10. Do I need to look in the Kinnard thread to see if you compared that guy to Orlando Pace yet?

Blah blah blah blah blah.

Suck more dick, would ya please?

Do you think anyone enjoys pump the brakes posts ever?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:10 PM 06-16-2022
Do you think anyone enjoys pump the brakes posts ever?
I think CP was formed as a direct response to mindless homers on the Star board.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:14 PM 06-16-2022
That's indeed where I started. This looks like our best draft class maybe ever I will continue to be optimistic.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:16 PM 06-16-2022
That's indeed where I started. This looks like our best draft class maybe ever I will continue to be optimistic.
It shows.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:24 PM 06-16-2022
Yep not apologizing for it. I like the Chiefs. Go Chiefs.
[Reply]
O.city 03:27 PM 06-16-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He's not Abram though.

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I believe I compared him to Rapp at some point in here.

And in a vacuum that’s an okay pick. But as I said at the time, I feel like the fact that he was our 4th selection has us blowing past the reality that he was a 2nd round pick.

That’s not an insignificant investment.
I'd think ideally, he's better than that all things considered.

Safeties that have coverage issues just scare me.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:37 PM 06-16-2022
Meh, i like the pick. I got good feelings about him.
[Reply]
Iconic 03:40 PM 06-16-2022

not ideal in a typical 2 deep backfield or single high... but spags isn't typical. guy uses 3 safeties with a pretty high frequency and each has their own unique role.

i think he'll be fine.
[Reply]
JPH83 03:42 PM 06-16-2022
I think he's decent. I didn't like the pick because I thought there were better and more valuable players available, like Travis Jones. But I think he'll be fine to good and that's...OK.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:46 PM 06-16-2022
Originally Posted by Iconic:
not ideal in a typical 2 deep backfield or single high... but spags isn't typical. guy uses 3 safeties with a pretty high frequency and each has their own unique role.

i think he'll be fine.
Of our two 2nd round safeties of late I preferred the Thornhill pick because he just has such good coverage instincts and looked like a tailor-made single-high option. And honestly, the track Thornhill was on as a rookie alongside a player like Cook would be a very nice complementary duo.

But I see people talking about Cook as being a Sorensen replacement in year 1 and a Thornhill replacement in year 2 - I just don't see Cook (or Reid) as being ideal options as a single high. And if you are playing with 2 guys who you're really locked into 2-high looks with, it limits your flexibility a significant amount.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 35
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up