ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 455 of 469
« First < 355405445451452453454455 456457458459465 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:28 PM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
East Village or 18th and Vine seem to be the top spots...but without a doubt it'll be land ownedd by Dunn and they'll di construction they're part of the ownership of the team so..
Their plan is more ambitious than just a ballpark, though. You're looking at a parking structure + business park + ballpark + community center. Pretty large footprint.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:30 PM 12-14-2022
Here is the situation in East Village. JE Dunn isn't the big landowner, its Van Tuyl's. Their developmental arm will be in on the new ballpark district though. That's the private backing on that Sherman has. JE Dunn is who they use to build their projects. Van Tuyl's used to own the largest marina at the Lake of the Ozarks. So I know the family. They sold their car dealerships to Warren Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway. Van Tuyl's are billionaires. That is the where the development backing is coming from. Sherman's main partner in the Royals is Paul Edgerley. Edgerley was one of the main people in Bain Capital. Bain Capital is Mitt Romney's company.

Sherman might be only worth a billion himself, but he has some big money hitters beside him on this project with Edgerley and Van Tuyl. Throw in JE Dunn, Kempers and some other KC business people as goodwil and can use their clout to get things done.

Now the city wants the 18th and Paeso site. Why? Well the school district and city transportation board owns 95% of that site. Plus they think it would stir up the Jazz District. City owns a nice section of the East Village as well.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:43 PM 12-14-2022
The Royals are literally sitting there with their thumbs in their asses doing nothing at all...other than apparently leaking stuff that isn't great..

Like saying they want to sign a veteran catcher because they don't like MJ Melendez as a catcher which then fuels speculation he's going to be traded...

Man that'd be awesome if they don't want him to catch you know what this team needs? More 1B/OF guys, yea that's the ticket.
Someone needs to explain to me how San Diego, the 27th market, can afford to sign players while other teams cry poor and do nothing...

Sounds like bullshit to me.
Apparently San Diego is interested in trying to win something while we are not...

I mean shit if Sherman can get the stadium built downtown he could probably turn whatever seasonal profits and then sell the team for twice what he paid overall giving his personal wealth a nice gain.
If that's a big splash I'd hate to see a small one.
More and more teams spend money while the Royals just sit there.
The Twins apparently offered 285 million to Correa...

If this is where we are the Royals are toast.
They're not gonna go add 60 million dollars of payroll in 1 year, that's where I see the issue being. I feel they're taking this a bit far in the sense that guys like Ryan O'Hearn are back, we really need to see him with a new staff?
Moore did idiotic stuff, there's a middle ground here.

There's no reason this team wasn't in on Sean Manea for what he got...or that they aren't looking for kind of corner value like Conforto.
Holy shit dude, just bitch and bitch and bitch. Sherman literally came out and said they weren't going to be spenders and how do you know they weren't in on Manaea? Maybe he wanted to stay in CA because that's where he's spent his entire career. He more than likely was never going to come to KC without a massive overpay.

This team should not be signing any bats, because I'd rather see what our young guys can develop into instead of signing some mediocre vet, be suse you hope they can help you get an extra win or 2.

I love this approach for this year, but if next year we don't show any improvement on the field and we are looking at basically the same roster going into 2024, then I'll be pissed.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:53 PM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Their plan is more ambitious than just a ballpark, though. You're looking at a parking structure + business park + ballpark + community center. Pretty large footprint.
The whole thing is pretty fucking great for KC. Downtown is thriving and this whole district will make it even better.

This combined with the World Cup coming to town and the new airport are making for some pretty exciting times in KCs future. If we do this right, then it could really put KC on the map.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:26 PM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Here is the situation in East Village. JE Dunn isn't the big landowner, its Van Tuyl's. Their developmental arm will be in on the new ballpark district though. That's the private backing on that Sherman has. JE Dunn is who they use to build their projects. Van Tuyl's used to own the largest marina at the Lake of the Ozarks. So I know the family. They sold their car dealerships to Warren Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway. Van Tuyl's are billionaires. That is the where the development backing is coming from. Sherman's main partner in the Royals is Paul Edgerley. Edgerley was one of the main people in Bain Capital. Bain Capital is Mitt Romney's company.

Sherman might be only worth a billion himself, but he has some big money hitters beside him on this project with Edgerley and Van Tuyl. Throw in JE Dunn, Kempers and some other KC business people as goodwil and can use their clout to get things done.

Now the city wants the 18th and Paeso site. Why? Well the school district and city transportation board owns 95% of that site. Plus they think it would stir up the Jazz District. City owns a nice section of the East Village as well.

First off, Dunn owns several e Village plots. I can confirm this

Second, it’ll be built there. Bank on it. I am wrong about 17.1% of the time so cast your lot with me
[Reply]
srvy 11:53 PM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:

Second, it’ll be built there. Bank on it. I am wrong about 17.1% of the time so cast your lot with me
Its what I think also. If it is to be opened by the World cup land acquisition has to be available without litigation that can last years.

If it's Van Tuyl I am thinking they are nothing but slum lords who bought a lot of the Eisenberg properties in the area and turned them into flop houses.

Nothing works in the jazz district the only way its built there is if Mayor Q and the powers that be in KC hold back support if it's not in their preferred location. Q is going to hold Sherman hostage anyway no way around that.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:21 AM 12-15-2022
Lets just play Banana Ball next season. I'd rather watch that than continue to watch Mondesi play 9 games, Witt Jr mess up tons of routine plays and Nick Pratto strikeout 175 times.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:42 AM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:

Dunn owns on the outside of where the ballpark district would be. They would butt up to it. And of course they will get the bid on it as well. The actual 8 blocks or so is owned by Van Tuyl, City and one other developer.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:45 AM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
Its what I think also. If it is to be opened by the World cup land acquisition has to be available without litigation that can last years.

If it's Van Tuyl I am thinking they are nothing but slum lords who bought a lot of the Eisenberg properties in the area and turned them into flop houses.

Nothing works in the jazz district the only way its built there is if Mayor Q and the powers that be in KC hold back support if it's not in their preferred location. Q is going to hold Sherman hostage anyway no way around that.
Van Tuyl isn't a slumlord at all. They are a major real estate developer.
https://vantrustrealestate.com/
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 04:09 PM 12-16-2022

To make room for Mills on the 40-man roster, Boston designated 1B Eric Hosmer for assignment.

— Red Sox (@RedSox) December 16, 2022

[Reply]
louie aguiar 04:13 PM 12-16-2022
Hosmer DFAed. I wonder if he ends up with the rangers. If DM was still here, he’d be all over that.
[Reply]
kstater 04:42 PM 12-16-2022
5 year $75m for Benintendi...

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 04:48 PM 12-16-2022
You know Dayton was all in on that one

15 per for a slap hitter
[Reply]
poolboy 05:09 PM 12-16-2022
I still like Vinnie at first, Massey at 2nd and Bobby at Short
Third base is a black hole where we need production