ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 31
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>OT Rankings
KChiefs1 10:08 AM 03-03-2021
https://theathletic.com/2419203/2021...ds-deep-class/

Dane Brugler:

1. Penei Sewell, Oregon (6-foot-6, 300 pounds)
Malaeimi, American Samoa (Desert Hills); Age: 20.56

2. Rashawn Slater, Northwestern (6-foot-4, 308 pounds)
Sugar Land, Texas (Clements); Age: 22.09

3. Christian Darrisaw, Virginia Tech (6-foot-5, 315 pounds)
Upper Marlboro, Md. (Riverdale); Age: 21.91

4. Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State (6-foot-7, 320 pounds)
Topeka, Kan. (Topeka); Age: 23.16

5. Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame (6-foot-5, 301 pounds)
Cleveland, Ohio (Saint Ignatius); Age: 23.28

6. Samuel Cosmi, Texas (6-foot-7, 310 pounds)
Humble, Texas (Atascocita); Age: 22.20

7. James Hudson, Cincinnati (6-foot-4, 302 pounds)
Toledo, Ohio (Central Catholic); Age: 21.96

8. D’Ante Smith, East Carolina (6-foot-5, 294 pounds)
Augusta, Ga. (Grovetown); Age: 22.89

9. Dillon Radunz, North Dakota State (6-foot-6, 304 pounds)
Becker, Minn. (Becker); Age: 23.09

10. Walker Little, Stanford (6-foot-7, 320 pounds)
Houston, Texas (Episcopal); Age: 22.08

11. Brady Christensen, BYU (6-foot-6, 300 pounds)
Bountiful, Utah (Bountiful)

12. Spencer Brown, Northern Iowa (6-foot-8, 314 pounds)
Lenox, Iowa (Lenox); Age: 23.09
[Reply]
staylor26 05:20 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
Is it just me or does he not look out of shape here, see video below? I’m not sure he’s been “training per Chiefs instructions” if he’s winded from getting in his sets... his lower body looks really skinny and he looks fat and soft in the upper body. This video screams red flags to me on conditioning.

https://youtu.be/herlYknJJ4U
So fucking dumb.

There’s no telling how long they had been working out before that. He was working with this guy the entire season. I highly doubt he’s out of shape.
[Reply]
kcbubb 05:22 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
do you just exist to bitch about everything?
Sometimes... depends on the day. Relying on Niang to be a starter much less our LT is not smart. I hope he competes for our RT spot but I wouldn’t be surprised if Long or Remmers beat him out. Not wise to project someone out of shape at LT that has been a RT in college to protect mahomes. Niang will be depth or RT.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:26 PM 04-07-2021
Sometimes... depends on the day. Relying on Niang to be a starter much less our LT is not smart. I hope he competes for our RT spot but I wouldn’t be surprised if Long or Remmers beat him out. Not wise to project someone out of shape at LT that has been a RT in college to protect mahomes. Niang will be depth or RT.
You thinking you have any idea what kind of shape he’s in is hilarious.
[Reply]
kcbubb 05:32 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
So ****ing dumb.

There’s no telling how long they had been working out before that. He was working with this guy the entire season. I highly doubt he’s out of shape.
Really... he has to squat down to rest at one point. His legs are super skinny. The coach rushing him is in better shape than him. You can see him move and he has athletic potential. Hopefully he’s gotten to work since this was made. You’ve got rose colored glasses with Niang.
[Reply]
kcbubb 05:37 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You thinking you have any idea what kind of shape he’s in is hilarious.
Are you kidding me! Look at his body! His legs are skinny and he’s soft and super fatty. Again, the coach talking in the video has more air than Niang. He’s out of breath later in the video, and the coach isn’t. You can’t see that?
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:45 PM 04-07-2021
Are you kidding me! Look at his body! His legs are skinny and he’s soft and super fatty. Again, the coach talking in the video has more air than Niang. He’s out of breath later in the video, and the coach isn’t. You can’t see that?
Because when a video is 15 minutes long....it means he’s only been working for 15 minutes.

Fucking idiot.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:47 PM 04-07-2021
Has this guy never seen a T in street clothes before?

Skinny legs/ankles is what you want to pair with the massive thighs and above. Gives you the best blend of mass and quickness of foot.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:01 PM 04-07-2021
You clearly never saw Willie Roaf.
[Reply]
kcbubb 06:08 PM 04-07-2021
You clearly never saw Willie Roaf.
That’s true. I loved willie. I’m sure he’s an exception. I wish we could find that kind of stop gap. He was amazing.
[Reply]
kcbubb 06:12 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Has this guy never seen a T in street clothes before?

Skinny legs/ankles is what you want to pair with the massive thighs and above. Gives you the best blend of mass and quickness of foot.
I agree with skinny ankles. He doesn’t have massive thighs or calves. But whatever. The point was that’s it’s foolish/super risky to think Niang is gonna play LT. He’s a RT.
[Reply]
Kellerfox 06:14 PM 04-07-2021
Posted in another thread, but reposting here as well. Dane Brugler’s new/final OT rankings (top 12):

1st
1. PENEI SEWELL
2. RASHAWN SLATER
3. CHRISTIAN DARRISAW

1st-2nd
4. TEVEN JENKINS

2nd
5. SAMUEL COSMI
6. LIAM EICHENBERG

2nd-3rd
7. WALKER LITTLE
8. BRADY CHRISTENSEN
9. DILLON RADUNZ

3rd
10. JAMES HUDSON
11. D’ANTE SMITH
12. STONE FORSYTHE
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:37 PM 04-07-2021
That’s true. I loved willie. I’m sure he’s an exception. I wish we could find that kind of stop gap. He was amazing.
go look up some Niang film and tell me it doesn't look exactly like Willie Roaf.

Roaf was built just like that too.

and they move the same, that weird almost off-kilter gait.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:40 PM 04-07-2021
I agree with skinny ankles. He doesn’t have massive thighs or calves. But whatever. The point was that’s it’s foolish/super risky to think Niang is gonna play LT. He’s a RT.
says who, you? Why?

This idea that somebody is a RT and not a LT based on...what exactly?

He might well stay at RT. Or we might move him over. We don't know. But there's zero physical reason why we COULDN'T move him over. He has all of the physical attributes and agility skills.

Some people are 'RIGHT TACKLES' because they lack something in the skillset department that you would typically want in a LEFT TACKLE.

And some people just happened to play RIGHT TACKLE because the team already had a LEFT TACKLE and why move them?

Niang was in that spot in college. There's no reason he couldn't play left. Dude showed out against Chase Young AND Nick Bosa. I think he'd be fine.
[Reply]
kcbubb 08:55 PM 04-07-2021
says who, you? Why?

This idea that somebody is a RT and not a LT based on...what exactly?

He might well stay at RT. Or we might move him over. We don't know. But there's zero physical reason why we COULDN'T move him over. He has all of the physical attributes and agility skills.

Some people are 'RIGHT TACKLES' because they lack something in the skillset department that you would typically want in a LEFT TACKLE.

And some people just happened to play RIGHT TACKLE because the team already had a LEFT TACKLE and why move them?

Niang was in that spot in college. There's no reason he couldn't play left. Dude showed out against Chase Young AND Nick Bosa. I think he'd be fine.
Does this need to be explained? LT is a premier position. You put your best protector there. I don’t want to go into the season counting on Niang at LT. He’s never played LT and it’s too risky when he’s protecting Mahomes. Drafting a LT at 31 is too risky unless one of the top 3 fall, which they won’t. At minimum, Niang would need to beat out a stop gap LT that we sign and the stop gap could be depth. You don’t go into the season with Niang penciled in as the starter at LT.
[Reply]
kcbubb 09:01 PM 04-07-2021
Please notice that every rep here is taken as a RT.

https://youtu.be/herlYknJJ4U
[Reply]
Page 19 of 31
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up