ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 31
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>OT Rankings
KChiefs1 10:08 AM 03-03-2021
https://theathletic.com/2419203/2021...ds-deep-class/

Dane Brugler:

1. Penei Sewell, Oregon (6-foot-6, 300 pounds)
Malaeimi, American Samoa (Desert Hills); Age: 20.56

2. Rashawn Slater, Northwestern (6-foot-4, 308 pounds)
Sugar Land, Texas (Clements); Age: 22.09

3. Christian Darrisaw, Virginia Tech (6-foot-5, 315 pounds)
Upper Marlboro, Md. (Riverdale); Age: 21.91

4. Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State (6-foot-7, 320 pounds)
Topeka, Kan. (Topeka); Age: 23.16

5. Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame (6-foot-5, 301 pounds)
Cleveland, Ohio (Saint Ignatius); Age: 23.28

6. Samuel Cosmi, Texas (6-foot-7, 310 pounds)
Humble, Texas (Atascocita); Age: 22.20

7. James Hudson, Cincinnati (6-foot-4, 302 pounds)
Toledo, Ohio (Central Catholic); Age: 21.96

8. D’Ante Smith, East Carolina (6-foot-5, 294 pounds)
Augusta, Ga. (Grovetown); Age: 22.89

9. Dillon Radunz, North Dakota State (6-foot-6, 304 pounds)
Becker, Minn. (Becker); Age: 23.09

10. Walker Little, Stanford (6-foot-7, 320 pounds)
Houston, Texas (Episcopal); Age: 22.08

11. Brady Christensen, BYU (6-foot-6, 300 pounds)
Bountiful, Utah (Bountiful)

12. Spencer Brown, Northern Iowa (6-foot-8, 314 pounds)
Lenox, Iowa (Lenox); Age: 23.09
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:42 PM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
It would be a massive risk for this team to covert a RT rookie into a LT and start him straight away...a very big risk. Jenkins is good but is he really a can't miss talent? I'm not sure tbh.
As far as tackles go, I'm not sure there's ANY "can't miss" talent in this draft. Even Sewell has question marks after he went through his pro day. Slater is probably the most likely success of the bunch and many think he'll end up inside.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:47 PM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
It would be a massive risk for this team to covert a RT rookie into a LT and start him straight away...a very big risk. Jenkins is good but is he really a can't miss talent? I'm not sure tbh.
It's all risks.

Fisher hasn't played 16 games plus the postseason in a few years either, and chances he's near 100% in September are no sure bet. Schwartz is no guarantee to not have continuing problems; back problems with the big boys is usually not something that gets better.

Okung hasn't played a full season in awhile.

Williams played a full season last year, but hadn't in awhile.

I mean all of the options carried risks.

It might be why they signed veteran OG's and a C. IF you were going to roll with essentially rookies at OT, you'd want crusty vets next to them.

I'm not saying I think I'm for that, I'm just saying IF they were going to, then they've built the interior the right way to help.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:50 PM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
not a NEED in round one, but The Chiefs have shown they're willing to spend resources on RT. Schwartz was paid pretty well. I think in this offense in particular it's pretty important.

If Jenkins is there at #31, I wouldn't balk at grabbing him, and I'd expect they move one or the other of him or Niang to LT. Niang seems more nimble to me, but that's just going off of memory.

And just my fixation on Niang looking like Roaf in his build and movements.

but whatever they do I'm sure there's a plan that will be sufficient at least.
Oh I’m fine with it if that’s what they want to do. I mean for all we know they could want Walker Little. Let him get back into things with Niang at LT and Remmers at RT to start the season and then ease Little into either spot.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:10 PM 04-06-2021
The Draft Network - published today...

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles...-rankings-reid
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:55 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
As far as tackles go, I'm not sure there's ANY "can't miss" talent in this draft. Even Sewell has question marks after he went through his pro day. Slater is probably the most likely success of the bunch and many think he'll end up inside.
Here is yet another analyst mirroring what I've been saying about this draft. THIS is why there's NO WAY I'm trading up for a LT.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-dr...s-year-s-class

Originally Posted by :
2) Offensive tackle
Last year featured some outstanding first-round talent, and while this year presents a similar offering, there are definitely more holes to poke in this year's potential first-rounders than there were in last year's group. Rashawn Slater feels like a safe player but may get kicked inside eventually. Penei Sewell boasts lots of upside but needs to prove he has improved his play strength and consistency after opting out of the 2020 season. While the top end falls below last year's group, this class is actually much deeper in Rounds 2 through 4, and it should produce a fair number of future starters.

[Reply]
Dull Tools 07:29 AM 04-07-2021
Walker Little is the player I am interested in. Where do you all think he will be picked? By all accounts he has the highest upside of all the tackles in the draft but hasn't played since 2018.
[Reply]
kcbubb 04:16 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

I mean, if they're going to move a guy, why not move the guy that's spent the last year training per the Chiefs instruction?
Is it just me or does he not look out of shape here, see video below? I’m not sure he’s been “training per Chiefs instructions” if he’s winded from getting in his sets... his lower body looks really skinny and he looks fat and soft in the upper body. This video screams red flags to me on conditioning.

https://youtu.be/herlYknJJ4U
[Reply]
kcbubb 04:18 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Here is yet another analyst mirroring what I've been saying about this draft. THIS is why there's NO WAY I'm trading up for a LT.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-dr...s-year-s-class
I agree with this. No way little or brown goes in the first. Our desperation has caused cp to elevate LTs.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:21 PM 04-07-2021
Is it just me or does it seem like everybody went from “Cosmi isn’t making it to 31” to forgetting about him all together?
[Reply]
kcbubb 04:22 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
The Draft Network - published today...

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles...-rankings-reid
He only ranks 4 LTs as first round talents.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:34 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Is it just me or does it seem like everybody went from “Cosmi isn’t making it to 31” to forgetting about him all together?
With info from various media outlets it has been revealed that the 33.5 inch and above arm length metric is detrimental to how they evaluate immediate OT starters out of the draft.

The 33.5 inch+ arm length issue is like the 6'2 height marker for QBs
[Reply]
staylor26 04:42 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
With info from various media outlets it has been revealed that the 33.5 inch and above arm length metric is detrimental to how they evaluate immediate OT starters out of the draft.

The 33.5 inch+ arm length issue is like the 6'2 height marker for QBs
I think they’d be more likely to sacrifice less than half an inch for a guy that’s 6’7” and extremely athletic.
[Reply]
kcbubb 05:01 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I think they’d be more likely to sacrifice less than half an inch for a guy that’s 6’7” and extremely athletic.
height is only important in that it normally comes with long arms. Being tall with short arms doesn’t help.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:04 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
Is it just me or does he not look out of shape here, see video below? I’m not sure he’s been “training per Chiefs instructions” if he’s winded from getting in his sets... his lower body looks really skinny and he looks fat and soft in the upper body. This video screams red flags to me on conditioning.

https://youtu.be/herlYknJJ4U
do you just exist to bitch about everything?
[Reply]
staylor26 05:18 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
height is only important in that it normally comes with long arms. Being tall with short arms doesn’t help.
My point was more about his size/frame in general along with his rare athleticism.

His arms are literally just under the 33.5 inch mark. It’s not that serious. If the only think keeping you from drafting him is less than half and inch, you’re overthinking it.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 31
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up