Page 68 of 121
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278118 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Derek Carr fucking sucks
staylor26 02:10 PM 12-10-2017
That is all
[Reply]
Sofa King 08:22 AM 04-14-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Not true. Drew Brees missed the playoffs at one point with the Saints four out of five years because his defense was bottom three in the league. Rodgers also has a losing record with defenses ranked 20th or lower.

Mahomes had a bad defense in 2018 (24th in points, 31st in yards, and 8th in turnovers),
In 2019, he had a good defense (hence the Super Bowl): (7th in points, 17th in yards, and 10th in turnovers)
2020: solid defense: (10th in points, 16th in yards, 10th in turnovers)
2021: Top ten in the two most important categories: (8th in points, 27th in yards, and 5th in turnovers)

48 out of 56 Super Bowl winners have had top 10 scoring defenses. Mahomes has had three such defenses in his career. Carr hasn't had a single defense finished better than 20th in that category!

The only bad defense Mahomes has had was the 2018 defense. And he had to post an all-time year to overcome that farce. Even then, it was still 8th in turnovers.

Carr has only ONCE had a defense finish top 10 in any category (#2 in turnovers in 2016).

Raiders PPG Allowed Rankings since Derek Carr was drafted

2014 32nd
2015 22nd
2016 20th
2017 20th
2018 32nd
2019 24th
2020 30th
2021 26th

No wonder, I am depressed! :-)
Misleading stats. Of course the defense gives up more points. They're on the field more because of the sheer amount of Carr turnovers, as referenced but the above image a few posts up.

And as far as "comebacks", you realize he would have to be down a lot to get numbers like those. Quality quarterbacks aren't down enough to lead the league in comebacks. They lead the league in wins instead.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:23 AM 04-14-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
The sad thing is you think what we just gave Carr is "elite" QB money. It's above average QB money, and while he's sitting around 7th best paid right now, as other guys get their extensions, he'll quickly drop to below 10th highest paid.

I don't see anyone stating Carr is elite. I certainly have not. He is a top 10 QB, which just isn't an elite guy. He is good enough to win with though if the supporting cast is good. Our skill players around Carr are the best in the division, and it isn't even close.

Our defense, on paper anyway, has drastically improved this off season. Especially if Graham lives up to his billing at DC.
So you've reached the third stage of grief here, eh? Wait...are we still in the first stage? Is this bargaining or denial?

Well whatever it is, you're now in the 'talking ourselves into the "fanbase try to talk themselves into overpaying for an average QB and then try to convince yourselves that he's a championship caliber guy" stage.

Because you just did it in a single paragraph.

Is your guy an elite QB? Not by your own admission. So will you be winning a championship with him? No you will not. Because in this league at this time, you are NOT winning a championship with a guy you go into the season conceding simply isn't an elite quarterback. You're especially not doing it when he's the 4th best QB in your division.

But like I said - I've been here. Everyone on this board has been here. "If we just give Alex more weapons" or "If we just give Cassel more time". Hell, "If we just give Trent Green a better defense..."

Sorry to state and sad to report that no, Derek Carr is not good enough to win with. Unless you mean win 11 games and lose in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 09:24 AM 04-14-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Hater? Far from it! I love Derek Carr!

Keep paying that mediocre Alex Smith wannabe!
I like having Carr in the division. He's the NFL's version of a "pinata". Smack him around a few times and he starts coughing up interceptions, fumbles and sacks like candy.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:52 AM 04-14-2022
This extension doesn't really move the meter for me in any way so that tells me this is pretty meh all around.

You can find some arguments supporting him (a lot of his efficiency stats and numbers are right around the 8th-14th best QB mark while his defenses have been legitimately trash) and many that don't (leading the league in turnovers, folding under pressure, etc.).

He is probably somewhere around the 10th-15th QB in the league and certainly the worst in the division so this doesn't scare me much. I will say he's got a lot of firepower now, though, with Adams, Waller, Renfrow and that other dude, #89, #88? He seems decent.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 09:57 AM 04-14-2022
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
That "Average" QB comment cracks me up
You Crack me up, you're a stand up comedian in my book...
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 09:59 AM 04-14-2022
Or drug addict for that matter...
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 01:11 PM 04-14-2022
There aren’t many QB’s that have the benefit of playing for a franchise with such low bars. To be in the league as long as he has now with a 57-70 overall record (with so many last place schedules along the way even) with only 20 of those wins coming against winning teams is amazing. I’m sure a lot of the other average-shitty QB’s like Baker and Wentz wanted to fire their agents after the deal Carr just signed.
[Reply]
jdubya 01:44 PM 04-14-2022
https://mobile.twitter.com/KuhnTrist...3Dunreadunread

Conversation

Tristen Kuhn
@KuhnTristen
Derek Carr cap hits:
2022: 19.3M
2023: 34.8M, 5.6M dead
2024: 43.8M, 3.7M dead
2025: 43.1M, 1.8M dead

Carr has a no trade clause but if he doesn’t want to be traded the #Raiders can easily cut him after this season or anytime past
[Reply]
R8RFAN 06:18 PM 04-14-2022
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Misleading stats. Of course the defense gives up more points. They're on the field more because of the sheer amount of Carr turnovers, as referenced but the above image a few posts up.

And as far as "comebacks", you realize he would have to be down a lot to get numbers like those. Quality quarterbacks aren't down enough to lead the league in comebacks. They lead the league in wins instead.
Not really, the Raiders Defense is actually not on the field as much as you would think. from 2003 - the 2020 season this team has been gashed. When a team is in the redzone in 5 plays you are not going to win regardless who the QB is
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:33 PM 04-14-2022
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
I like having Carr in the division. He's the NFL's version of a "pinata". Smack him around a few times and he starts coughing up interceptions, fumbles and sacks like candy.
He's the Raiders version of Chargers Philip Rivers only gay (nttawwt)
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:42 PM 04-14-2022
Derek Carr doesn't use eyeliner he uses Gayliner

[Reply]
Eureka 09:47 PM 04-14-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Derek Carr doesn't use eyeliner he uses Gayliner

Well at least he knows how to keep his wife in check.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 05:39 AM 04-15-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
He's the Raiders version of Chargers Philip Rivers only gay (nttawwt)
Godly man with a beautiful family

[Reply]
Chief3188 06:22 AM 04-15-2022
Originally Posted by Eureka:
Well at least he knows how to keep his wife in check.
Of course he does. Checking things down is his specialty. Carr isn't good enough for most fans to even give a shit about him, let alone his wife.

Mahomes is just too famous that everyone in his orbit gets pullled into it.
[Reply]
TribalElder 07:18 AM 04-15-2022

This is what $121M looks like. pic.twitter.com/HExNDwuraJ

— �������� (@EvryManAWildcat) April 14, 2022

[Reply]
Page 68 of 121
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278118 > Last »
Up