ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 26
« First < 142021222324 2526 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Dropped passes
frozenchief 10:05 PM 12-05-2021
Why can’t we catch the ball? Kielce, Pringle, and Tyreek all dropped catchable passes. those drops really screwed our offensive production. Tyreek’s ‘drop’ led to an interception.

What is going on? Are Kielce and Tyreek injured? What do we do for this season? Drafting or free agency are good answers for next season, not this one. the dropped passes aren’t such an issue with Denver but come playoffs, they will be really large.

I have no idea what is going on or why this is happening now and would love to hear any comments/suggestions.
[Reply]
dirk digler 05:15 PM 12-08-2021
Looking at that Pringle play could that be one of the plays that Collinsworth is talking about? Does he need to throw side arm there or just a normal throwing motion he completes that pass.

Don't hate me just asking the question.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 05:43 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
So what issue with mechanics or footwork was responsible for Alex Smith not throwing a TD to a WR for a full season?

The rebuttal is so completely fucking stupid that it's not even a legitimate rebuttal, because it doesn't even make sense.

You then go on to say that it doesn't take an expert to see Mahomes isn't the same as past year's, but go on to say that it's possible that Reid doesn't see an issue with Mahomes.

You are so stuck on this stupid idea that he needs to come out and say something is wrong or you don't think he sees a problem. It's just fucking stupid and you keep posting dumber and dumber shit. You look like a fucking mongloid the more you say.
It's about Reid not correcting a problem, unless you don't think not throwing a TD pass to a WR for an entire season is a problem.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
mabbott 06:18 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
It's about Reid not correcting a problem, unless you don't think not throwing a TD pass to a WR for an entire season is a problem.

Did you forget who our #1 receiver was??? Dwayne Bowe was targeted in the End Zone OVER AND OVER again and had ZERO TDs... clearly that is the coaches fault :-)

Our TEs had 9 touchdowns our RB/FBs had 9 touchdowns... clearly it is the coaches fault AGAIN for WRs not catching the ball.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 06:25 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I've talked about how eye opening going to camp was.

Sure, it looks violent from the seats - much more so than from the television. But it's NOTHING compared to field level.

When we were out there on the sidelines during practice it was shocking how brutal these hits are. Even seemingly benign shots. There was just an off-tackle right play where Ware got himself a little space and a safety came over after 5-7 yards and popped him as he angled towards the sideline. It was the kind of contact you see 40 times/gm but it was maybe 15 ft away from us and when you hear those pads pop and the wind blast out of them as they hit the ground. Shit it's amazing these guys make it through the season.
Years ago I was privy to see practice up close at KSU. 1997 season. In that practice, Darren Howard hit a RB so hard that I heard the air forced from his lungs.

Darren Howard was a pro player in a college uniform. Whoever he hit, took a couple of minutes to get up and get to the sideline. He was a scout team player. Probably a walk-on.

Decades ago, there was a short story in SI about QB injuries. In it, Harvey Martin or Ed Too Tall Jones talked about the ‘satisfaction’ of knowing they were going to blind side a QB. One of them mentioned the feeling of hitting Jim Hart (STL Cardinals QB) and hearing the air come out of his lungs as they drove him into the ground.

I knew it was probably true. But until I heard it up close that day… holy shit. These players are the 1%.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:28 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I simply can't understand why we abandon those sweep plays. Get the ball into Hills hands behind the LOS and let him do work.
Couple things. I'd like to see it too.

Here's why I think they don't - they don't seem too interested in getting the ball to anyone else. I think if they ran that everyone would key on Hill for a loss.

What I think they should do is line that up and do that crazy shit where Hardman and Hill both cross back there, and hit Hardman. Or Kelce if he can find a zone. I don't know the deal with Hardman, but he's valuable in those plays.

If they take 5 sweeps to Hill/Hardman, 5 wheel routes to Williams/CEH, and 5 play action throws to Williams/CEH, that's 15 snaps that would made defenders defend a different look, and attack the weaknesses of the defense. Maybe add 2-3 more WR/TE screens, some Kelce, Gray, Bell 3 TE stuff from a few years ago, and 2 more passes to Burton in the flat, that's another 20 snaps a game where the 2 deep safeties aren't going to be involved in the play.

Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He made a really nice catch in traffic shortly after his first drop. I was like "how does he catch THAT but drop the easy one?"
I said those exact words. Verbaitum.

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
LOL Had to fit that How do you like that Bills Mafia? in at the end didn't he?

That was one of the better clips I've seen from Cowherd. Maybe his podcast is a little less hot-takey than his show that I admittedly haven't seen in several years.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:47 PM 12-08-2021
That was really good. Exact same frustration I've had. We're winning like the Patriots usually do.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:02 AM 12-09-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
That was really good. Exact same frustration I've had. We're winning like the Patriots usually do.
Except for the turnovers on offense. I just want to see Tyreek & Kelce figure out these drop & fumble issues. If they can do that, I believe Patrick will get into a groove and things will explode in a very positive way for the KC offense heading into the playoffs. But the clock is ticking and time is running out on this season.

Patrick needs to be able to trust those 2 Hall of Fame guys. They are the only ones he can trust on the offense, but they have been killing too many drives and stealing momentum from the KC offense. Then stuff starts spiraling in a negative way, Patrick gets frustrated & impatient, etc.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:04 AM 12-09-2021
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Except for the turnovers on offense. I just want to see Tyreek & Kelce figure out these drop & fumble issues. If they can do that, I believe Patrick will get into a groove and things will explode in a very positive way for the KC offense heading into the playoffs. But the clock is ticking and time is running out on this season.

Patrick needs to be able to trust those 2 Hall of Fame guys. They are the only ones he can trust on the offense, but they have been killing too many drives and stealing momentum from the KC offense. Then stuff starts spiraling in a negative way, Patrick gets frustrated & impatient, etc.
It’s similar to what we were seeing on defense to start the year.

You can get away with a stars and scrubs approach to your roster — IF your stars are playing like stars. When ours weren’t playing like it on D, the defense was awful. When they played to their paychecks, complementary guys could be complementary.

If Kelce and Hill can get back to their HoF levels, everyone else can stop pressing and settle into their intended roles.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:16 AM 12-09-2021
Just read a quote from Mahomes in The Athletic where he says the Hill INT is on him - too high and too hard - that if he places it on him properly, Tyreek probably scores.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:20 AM 12-09-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
You mean the Andy Reid who coached an entire season where his QB didn't throw a single TD pass to a Wide Receiver?

That Andy Reid?

Jfc do you even watch football. Wow...
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:21 AM 12-09-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Jfc do you even watch football. Wow...
He's a fucking loon
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:21 AM 12-09-2021
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Just read a quote from Mahomes in The Athletic where he says the Hill INT is on him - too high and too hard - that if he places it on him properly, Tyreek probably scores.
He's doing a lot of things with arm angle and velocity that he doesn't really need to do. He's got to get more comfortable being "normal".
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:23 AM 12-09-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
But but but the playcalling! Duh Reid didn't see the flaw!!
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 09:23 AM 12-09-2021
He said the same thing in the presser on Tuesday.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:29 AM 12-09-2021
It absolutely was a bad pass. Just because it hits a receivers hand, doesn't mean it's totally on them.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 26
« First < 142021222324 2526 >
Up