ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Jared Wiley Thread*****
Dante84 11:38 AM 04-27-2024
More to come!

I keep thinking Jared Wiley (TE-TCU) would be a really good understudy to Travis Kelce.

Both former QBs, both very good option-route guys who understand spacing and timing, and Wiley has an athletic profile similar to Kelce (long, lean, vertical speed). Wiley isn't the blocker…

— Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) April 17, 2024

Sleeper pick in this year's draft? ��

TE Jared Wiley from TCU @dpbrugler��: https://t.co/wG42iYu34u pic.twitter.com/GLyvAu9pB4

— NFL on FOX Podcast (@NFLonFOXPod) April 11, 2024

The Chiefs have a new TE! Here's what you need to know about the Chiefs 4th round pick, Jared Wiley! ��

(fueled by @Holladay1856) pic.twitter.com/MIJRYRSMUt

— KC Sports Network (@KCSportsNetwork) April 27, 2024

Chiefs Fourth Round Draft Pick Jared Wiley https://t.co/njJcuEaKDT

— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) April 27, 2024

The TE with the most TDs in college football this past season? Jared Wiley �� pic.twitter.com/Hm6CPzrpWG

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) :-)516147978453?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 27, 2024

[Reply]
JPH83 02:52 PM 05-01-2024
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Hopefully they play the kid a bunch and get him up to speed fast. Don't want to see them waste time on Smith Jr.
It's possibly me being wildly optimistic, but i could see Smith being a sneaky good signing. I get we want Wiley to get snaps, but man Smith has shown he can do it at this level when healthy
[Reply]
staylor26 01:27 AM 05-02-2024

Travis said on his podcast that Jared Wiley was working out in Texas at “Camp Mahomes” prior to the draft.

— Zack Eisen (@zackeisen21) May 2, 2024

[Reply]
crispystl 06:00 AM 05-02-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Oh nice!
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 06:08 AM 05-02-2024
It’s great that Mahomes puts on his own pro days with guys we’re interested in. What a life we’re living!
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 06:21 AM 05-02-2024
Camp Mahomes is a real thing. I love it.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:18 AM 05-02-2024
If you aren't going in the top half of the first round you'd be an absolute dolt not to ask for an invite to Camp Mahomes.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:26 AM 05-02-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I do kinda wonder if they invite guys they intend to strongly consider or if some of these guys end up strongly considered BECAUSE they excelled after an invite.

I mean...it seems mostly to be a proximity thing. Mahomes is close, you're in the draft...swing on by.

So do these guys go there at a 5 on the 'likely to be drafted' meter and work themselves up to an 8? Or are they all walking in at 0 because they just happened to be close to where Mahomes was working out and then they end up forcing themselves into the discussion.

Shortened: How predictive is the invite list for Camp Mahomes?
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 11:31 AM 05-02-2024
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Hopefully they play the kid a bunch and get him up to speed fast. Don't want to see them waste time on Smith Jr.
Irv Smith Jr. is a solid player. His only issue has been injuries.
[Reply]
Warpaint69 11:47 AM 05-02-2024
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Irv Smith Jr. is a solid player. His only issue has been injuries.
I think they're going to have to carry 4 TE's as much success as they've had running the 12 personnel. One injury starts leaving them thin especially with a rookie and a vet new to the offense.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 11:57 AM 05-02-2024
So it looks like this dude's thread has more play recently than just about all of our rookies, what's up with that?

I'll assume he's a future HOFer, like all our players picked on day 3 of Bart Varch's drafts.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:59 AM 05-02-2024
Originally Posted by Warpaint69:
I think they're going to have to carry 4 TE's as much success as they've had running the 12 personnel. One injury starts leaving them thin especially with a rookie and a vet new to the offense.
A tight end has taken the full backs spot.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:05 PM 05-02-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
A tight end has taken the full backs spot.
Noah Gray seems to be the leading candidate for that role this season.
[Reply]
philfree 12:44 PM 05-02-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I do kinda wonder if they invite guys they intend to strongly consider or if some of these guys end up strongly considered BECAUSE they excelled after an invite.

I mean...it seems mostly to be a proximity thing. Mahomes is close, you're in the draft...swing on by.

So do these guys go there at a 5 on the 'likely to be drafted' meter and work themselves up to an 8? Or are they all walking in at 0 because they just happened to be close to where Mahomes was working out and then they end up forcing themselves into the discussion.

Shortened: How predictive is the invite list for Camp Mahomes?
Seems like with Mahomes being from Texas the Chiefs have developed a Texas connection the last couple of years. I'm going to say Mahomes keeps track of his alma mater and their competition as well as he probably knows the kids coming up from the high schools and where they end up going to school.
[Reply]
Hayneplane 01:50 PM 05-02-2024
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan:
It’s great that Mahomes puts on his own pro days with guys we’re interested in. What a life we’re living!
Most of the elite QBs just turn up when required. Our guy is not only the best of the best talent wise but also fully locked in to improve the organisation and the roster from 1-90. A beast mindset that we are so very lucky to have a guy with greatness in both talent and mindset.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:12 PM 05-02-2024
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
So it looks like this dude's thread has more play recently than just about all of our rookies, what's up with that?

I'll assume he's a future HOFer, like all our players picked on day 3 of Bart Varch's drafts.
This thread > Brittany Griner thread.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Up