ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 29
« First < 162223242526 272829 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Smash Mouth at Sturgis
Deberg_1990 08:30 PM 08-10-2020
::-):

Smash Mouth Concert Packed at Sturgis, Singer Says 'F*** That Covid S**t' https://t.co/uywO6FQaU9

— TMZ (@TMZ) August 10, 2020

suzzer99 11:54 AM 08-19-2020
I have an old school ipod connector to my car stereo that I use most of the time. I used to have sirius. Radio is too annoying because of commercials.
patteeu 12:01 PM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I have an old school ipod connector to my car stereo that I use most of the time. I used to have sirius. Radio is too annoying because of commercials.
Same here. I just wondered if the variety on Los Angeles radio was enough to attract you away from your own music.
suzzer99 12:04 PM 08-19-2020
It probably would be if not for the commercials.
backinblack 12:06 PM 08-19-2020
don't think they even have any proper rock stations in LA except for KLOS now. KROQ has been garbage for years now.
Frazod 12:07 PM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I'm just not in the car enough to justify the expense of Sirius.
suzzer99 12:11 PM 08-19-2020
It's great when you're driving all over the West where no other stations come in. Also when I was driving a jr high/high school kid around - she could find stations she liked. But apparently it doesn't work much south of Mexico. So I dropped it before my big trip and haven't bought it back.
Pitt Gorilla 12:30 PM 08-19-2020
I love Sirius/XM. I get to hear new music from whatever genre I choose with no ads.
Pitt Gorilla 12:31 PM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Mental image of that interview

via Gfycat

That was pretty much it, only without the interviewer.
Pitt Gorilla 12:33 PM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Too many people associate Beastie Boys with their first album only which isn't that uncommon. The first album is mainly just silly kind of jock rap.

They made a lot of really cool creative funky music later. There is wee bit of junk mixed in but they put out a lot of different stuff.
Licensed to Ill was a brilliant album as well. I always loved Paul's, but most of their albums are great. Check and Ill Comm were somewhat similar, with Hello being my least favorite.
Pitt Gorilla 12:34 PM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Yeah smoke some weed, put on Paul's Boutique with the lyrics on, listen from beginning to end.

I think it's the best rap album ever made.
It's a masterpiece of sampling and editing for sure. I bought the green/rainbow tape on release day and think I wore it out.
backinblack 12:37 PM 08-19-2020
Sirius/XM has much of the same problem with repetitiveness that terrestrial radio has, it's just you don't notice it as much because you can easily jump from the mainstream stuff on Classic Rewind to Deep Cuts or whatever. But spend enough time on Deep Cuts and you'll hear the same songs over and over. Listen to Ozzy's Boneyard for a few days and count how many times you hear Highway to Hell.

Also sound quality wise for some reason is never as good as FM radio, or Bluetooth. I have whatever receiver it is that Ford stuck in this generation of Mustangs from the factory and it doesn't sound as good as FM.
Pitt Gorilla 12:39 PM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by backinblack:
Sirius/XM has much of the same problem with repetitiveness that terrestrial radio has, it's just you don't notice it as much because you can easily jump from the mainstream stuff on Classic Rewind to Deep Cuts or whatever. But spend enough time on Deep Cuts and you'll hear the same songs over and over. Listen to Ozzy's Boneyard for a few days and count how many times you hear Highway to Hell.

Also sound quality wise for some reason is never as good as FM radio, or Bluetooth. I have whatever receiver it is that Ford stuck in this generation of Mustangs from the factory and it doesn't sound as good as FM.
Yeah, you can tell when they rotate the schedules for sure. I enjoy their top 20 countdowns for the week and new music.
backinblack 12:42 PM 08-19-2020
most of the content being uncut/uncensored on Sirius is a huge plus though.

Also I like the NASCAR channel.
suzzer99 01:02 PM 08-19-2020
Also Sirius has (or did have) Madison - who annoys me so much she sends me into a blind rage every time I hear her voice.
Bearcat 01:05 PM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by backinblack:

I've never cared for XM... I've had issues with getting/keeping a signal, it seems like I have to jump stations a lot, and a lot of their 'live' tracks in particular sound horrible (the Pearl Jam station is largely useless for that reason).

And in general, I'd hate to have to call them periodically to keep the same price, even if it was worth the pocket change per month.
Page 26 of 29
« First < 162223242526 272829 >
Up