ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 29
« First < 152122232425 26272829 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Smash Mouth at Sturgis
Deberg_1990 08:30 PM 08-10-2020
::-):

Smash Mouth Concert Packed at Sturgis, Singer Says 'F*** That Covid S**t' https://t.co/uywO6FQaU9

— TMZ (@TMZ) August 10, 2020

Pitt Gorilla 12:34 AM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
You shut your whore mouth and keep the Beastie Boys name out of it!!
Agreed. BTW, did you see the doc on Apple +? It was fantastic. It was weird watching two old jewish guys talk about the beastie boys, though. :-)
Baby Lee 12:57 AM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Agreed. BTW, did you see the doc on Apple +? It was fantastic. It was weird watching two old jewish guys talk about the beastie boys, though. :-)
Mental image of that interview

via Gfycat

Frazod 05:50 AM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Haha that’s no lie. Classic rock radio plays about the same 30 songs over and over. No deep tracks.

I stopped listening years ago. Amazon Prime Music for me. Quite a bit of selection on there.
Sometimes it seems like the same 10 songs over and over. I've heard Bohemian Rhapsody so many times on the radio that I don't even have it on any of my playlists anymore.

If I'm driving anywhere that requires me to be in the car more than a few minutes, I almost always just listen to one of the playlists on my phone. There are only three stations left in the Chicago area I can stand at this point.

Oh, and fuck music in the 90s. I'll never forget how awful it was when, little by little, my favorite stations either died or started playing nothing but that odious grunge shit. :-)
backinblack 06:02 AM 08-19-2020
honestly the classic rock stations(we have 2) here aren't too bad, though yes they both are repetitive. They both have a playlist of probably about 200 songs that are regularly played, but they also sneak in seldom heard songs that the DJs want to play from time to time(heard Zeppelin's "Gallows Pole" the other day, pretty refreshing choice), so it's not completely ruled by a computer.

Also have 2 modern rock stations, a more alternative station(though it borders on pop), and a 60s/70s hits "oldies" station. And of course country, no shortage of country. I can find enough variety on our local radio to not be completely annoyed by it.

Radio was so much better before 1997 or so when it started to get super corporate and, as a result, cookie cutter. It lost it's spirit when companies like Clear Channel decided to make it all streamlined and syndicated.
Bearcat 09:44 AM 08-19-2020
You shut your whore mouth and keep the Beastie Boys name out of it!!
Heh... isn't their entire existence centered around making shitty music?

Not trying to be funny, but thought I had read something along those lines.

As much as I don't care for the song though, I did appreciate the whole Kelce thing, as it's like the most Midwest thing possible, especially given how long Arrowhead stuck with 80s/90s rock (and still play plenty of it, of course). It was very fitting, even if the song sucks balls. :-)
Marcellus 10:03 AM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Yes, I did watch it. I think it was nominated for several awards. Its very cool.
Marcellus 10:07 AM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Heh... isn't their entire existence centered around making shitty music?

Not trying to be funny, but thought I had read something along those lines.

As much as I don't care for the song though, I did appreciate the whole Kelce thing, as it's like the most Midwest thing possible, especially given how long Arrowhead stuck with 80s/90s rock (and still play plenty of it, of course). It was very fitting, even if the song sucks balls. :-)
Too many people associate Beastie Boys with their first album only which isn't that uncommon. The first album is mainly just silly kind of jock rap.

They made a lot of really cool creative funky music later. There is wee bit of junk mixed in but they put out a lot of different stuff.
Bearcat 10:12 AM 08-19-2020
Too many people associate Beastie Boys with their first album only which isn't that uncommon. The first album is mainly just silly kind of jock rap.

They made a lot of really cool creative funky music later. There is wee bit of junk mixed in but they put out a lot of different stuff.
Interesting, and that's probably true about me.

What are a few examples of their later/better stuff that I can check out?
Lzen 10:55 AM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I dont even know what this is in reference to but those bands are awesome.
Bug being an old grump. Here's the string.

Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I'll never understand how so many horrible songs became so popular. I mean hell, the 90s were a historically bad era for music but there's shit that's way less shitty than that shit out there. Ugh.
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Now wait just a minute there, mister

Soundgarden
Nirvana
Smashing Pumpkins
Ministry
Butthole Surfers
COC
Pearl Jam
Rob Zombie
Etc
Etc
Etc

All those guys say, hi!
Originally Posted by eDave:
****in' Radiohead man. The Verve. Stone Roses. Bug is whack (not a bad band name).
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Live, Bush, Rage Against The Machine, Alice In Chains
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Candlebox, Foo Fighters.

I could go all day.

Bug, WTF is wrong with you?

Lzen 11:03 AM 08-19-2020
And I don't think Bug is much older than me so I don't get it. Same with frazod. Not picking on those guys but I just don't agree.

I grew up in the 70s but really, I became a big music fan in the 80s. Sure, I got into a lot of metal and even several hair bands (what can I say, I was an easily influenced teen when Poison broke).

When grunge came on the scene, I resisted the change....for awhile. Yes, there was good music from some of my favorite 80s bands (Queensryche, Savatage, Megadeth) still being produced at the time. And I already had gotten into some of the grunge era bands (never cared that much for Nirvana - though a few of their songs have grown on me over the years - but I loved Alice In Chains from the start). At some point I started listening to modern rock/alternative stations and really got into a lot of that music.

To this day, I still feel that it was one of the best and most influential eras in modern music.
suzzer99 11:37 AM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Interesting, and that's probably true about me.

What are a few examples of their later/better stuff that I can check out?
Paul's Boutique and Check Your Head are two of my favorite all time albums. Paul's is #1.
suzzer99 11:42 AM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Sometimes it seems like the same 10 songs over and over. I've heard Bohemian Rhapsody so many times on the radio that I don't even have it on any of my playlists anymore.
Yeah this. But it's fine for me as someone who just comes back to KC 1-2 times/year. It is good music, you've just heard it so many times. At least it's not as bad as a reggae station or old 60s/70s soul station. Those literally seem to have a playlist of about 100 songs.

I go through nostalgia phases even on my ipod playlist. I'm really digging Roll with the Changes right now for some reason. It's just a fun song that starts out hot and never slows down.

Also I've found a renewed love for Freebird after seeing this guy "discover" it for the first time:

I used to jump all over the furniture in my living room in my underwear air-guitaring Freebird in high school. It's fun to see someone much younger from a completely different background getting into it.
Kiimo 11:43 AM 08-19-2020
Yeah smoke some weed, put on Paul's Boutique with the lyrics on, listen from beginning to end.

I think it's the best rap album ever made.
suzzer99 11:50 AM 08-19-2020
It's also always going to be unique. You can't make an album with that much random sampling anymore - as you'd have to pay 100s of other artists a boatload of money.
patteeu 11:51 AM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Yeah this. But it's fine for me as someone who just comes back to KC 1-2 times/year. It is good music, you've just heard it so many times. At least it's not as bad as a reggae station or old 60s/70s soul station. Those literally seem to have a playlist of about 100 songs.

I go through nostalgia phases even on my ipod playlist. I'm really digging Roll with the Changes right now for some reason. It's just a fun song that starts out hot and never slows down.

Also I've found a renewed love for Freebird after seeing this guy "discover" it for the first time:

*video deleted*

I used to jump all over the furniture in my living room in my underwear air-guitaring Freebird in high school. It's fun to see someone much younger from a completely different background getting into it.
Do you listen to radio stations in Los Angeles or do you just listen to ipod/internet stuff most of the time? I can't remember the last time I listened to a radio station here in KC.
Page 25 of 29
« First < 152122232425 26272829 >
Up