It sucked 3 0.00%
Fuck Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards 178,947 99.95%
Gaz 2 0.00%
Voters: 179034. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Daily Training Camp Threads vs Megathreads
Buehler445 10:13 AM 08-19-2022
So we went through a camp without a Megathread. Looking for feedback on how everyone liked it compared to a Megathread.

My opinion is it was much easier to read day over day. I don't have a ton of free time in August, so that was super appealing to me.

I think a big thing is that the fucktarded arguments that go on and on were kept shorter because someone wouldn't read it 3 days later in the Megathread, respond to it and fire it back up 3 days later. JMO.

I also didn't do the Tweet RRS thing that had been done in the past. Not sure who used that. I didn't because I'd be washed out of the thread after a couple days.

Anyway, thoughts? If it sucked I won't bother doing again. If it's better, I'm open to doing a little work to make it a better experience.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:45 AM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Thanks for them Buehler.

One thing I do miss, and haven't seen it for a few years, is the Twitter stream in the OP.
I don’t even use Twitter. If someone would get me the code I could try to paste it into the threads. But I posted a lot of those threads from the sprayer so It would impact the ease of starting the threads. But I’m willing to try next year if someone can get me the code.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:45 AM 08-19-2022
Also side note, I really only prefer mega threads when it comes to stuff like free agency. Otherwise the first page gets cluttered with bullshit threads that get like 5-6 replies.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:46 AM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I don’t even use Twitter. If someone would get me the code I could try to paste it into the threads. But I posted a lot of those threads from the sprayer so It would impact the ease of starting the threads. But I’m willing to try next year if someone can get me the code.
Twitter is filled with bullshit. It’s better without it and then letting people post individual tweets. Plus it’s less work for you.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:47 AM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by mabbott:
I appreciated the daily threads, as other have stated ...

Kept the dumb stuff to a few pages. Gave timely updates, videos, etc.

The worst days were the no practice days because people can't seem to stop themselves from posting nonsense. But, I also learned to ignore those threads.

I appreciated your work starting the threads!
There were some news items that dropped on the days off, but even then I think there is value to sticking the days discussion, even if it is fuckery in a bad for each day.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:48 AM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Twitter is filled with bullshit. It’s better without it and then letting people post individual tweets. Plus it’s less work for you.
Yeah. That’s why I’m not on it much otherwise.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:49 AM 08-19-2022
I like the daily with threads with Direeckshun's daily evaluation included.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 10:51 AM 08-19-2022
Daily over mega by a mile.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:26 AM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by wazu:
Is it possible to have threads auto-lock if they go 90 days or so without a reply?
You can, but bumping old threads can be fun at times, and that wouldn't take care of my frustration anyway.

I'm more referring to the fact that no one ever posts a thread on a single topic anymore. For example, Mecole Hardman was carted off the field this week. Blake Bell may be out for a while. Chris Jones even got dinged up. Without digging through threads, you'd never even know any of that happened.

I don't hate threads to dump info into entirely - we don't need a new thread for every time Mahomes completes a pass in practice or anything. I just miss the days where you could glance at the front page and actually see the big things you should know about. Right now there's not a single thread on the front page that provides any actual Chiefs news in the subject.

It is what it is. Like I said, I've just given up and go to Twitter instead.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:27 AM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah. That’s why I’m not on it much otherwise.
It is what you make of it. The comments are garbage, sure, but it's pretty easy to just follow all of the Chiefs beat writers and keep up with the major happenings of the day at a quick glance.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:34 AM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It is what you make of it. The comments are garbage, sure, but it's pretty easy to just follow all of the Chiefs beat writers and keep up with the major happenings of the day at a quick glance.
Yeah, and I do that. I meant more about posting the feed in the header. You have to go based off of key words...which means you get all of the bullshit that you don't want.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:35 AM 08-19-2022
Daily was perfect.

Thanks for the hard work!
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:52 AM 08-19-2022
Daily.

Training camp discussion needs to be able to veer off into debates and arguments if necessary. People who went to the mega training camp threads were sick of that because they couldn't see updates as easily.

This is the best of both worlds. Discussions can still take place (including ones about how Superturtle should be banned for eye-raping us all) but the threads don't become unmanageable if you miss a couple days of CP.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:54 AM 08-19-2022
I wish people would post new threads for things that are worth discussing, personally. But I think that ship sailed about 15 years ago.

These days I mostly just keep up on Twitter.
Be the change you want to see in the world

:-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:57 AM 08-19-2022
Yeah, I probably need to do the work to setup an adequate Twitter Account. I just haven't seen the value when I click through Twitter threads. And most of the relevant tweets get posted somewhere else I figure, so why bother.

Mostly the same with Reddit, which I have taken the time to set up. There is good stuff in there, but it is typically buried in a myriad of shitposts.

That's why I come here, you guys post the relevant stuff, and other than some Claynus trolling, there wasn't a ton of shitposting.
[Reply]
ChiefGator 11:57 AM 08-19-2022
Daily threads were great... also.. Gaz
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up