ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 104 of 185
« First < 45494100101102103104 105106107108114154 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
notorious 09:11 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Maybe you should just place some of the reeruns on ignore and lower your blood pressure. Just a thought.

I've done that with htismaqe and its added years on to my life.....

:-)
All years without Mahomes.

Empty, dead years......
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:12 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
There's always room for one more. :-)

[Reply]
JPH83 09:13 AM 10-19-2022
This is team is really good in spite of having 3 clear areas where we're somewhere between not very good and absolute dog-shit. That's amazing and should be celebrated. But I don't see how or why people think it necessary to ignore where we're weak.

From my perspective having 3 crappy areas is also kind of encouraging. It means a team this good can get even better. I mean ANYTHING at DE or DT would probably make us better, almost anything at OT or WR. You can acknowledge that whilst also enjoying the UNPRECEDENTED SUCCESS we're having.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:14 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
It is. And it's also because he doesn't have that connection with these WRs like he did with Hill. It will come over time but being 4-2 with a brand new set of WRs is pretty damn good.
Honestly with the turnover on this team and the early schedule it is amazing that they are 4-2 and took one of the best teams to the end with a chance to win. Imagine when the offense and defense start to gel. They are going to be very good.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:45 AM 10-19-2022
I still think he’s white Tamba. He just doesn’t have Jared Allen across from him chasing QBs to his side like Tamba did early.

He’s been really close to having 3-4 sacks at this point and the more he refined his technique and learns his opponents weaknesses, the more those plays that were/are close will convert into finished sacks.

Also, Tamba and Jared were all we had at end at the time and Tamba was playing about 90% of snaps…where George isn’t anywhere near that because they have 4 they rotate here. So less opportunities.

I still think he ends the year with 7-8 sacks and may get more. He will start to produce more down the stretch.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:49 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I still think he’s white Tamba. He just doesn’t have Jared Allen across from him chasing QBs to his side like Tamba did early.

He’s been really close to having 3-4 sacks at this point and the more he refined his technique and learns his opponents weaknesses, the more those plays that were/are close will convert into finished sacks.

Also, Tamba and Jared were all we had at end at the time and Tamba was playing about 90% of snaps…where George isn’t anywhere near that because they have 4 they rotate here. So less opportunities.

I still think he ends the year with 7-8 sacks and may get more. He will start to produce more down the stretch.
Wow - that'd be an enormous 2nd half of the season if he can do that, especially for a guy that has accumulated .5 sacks to date. Here's hoping...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:52 AM 10-19-2022
if he's lucky he can be the next mike catapano

[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:41 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
I'll be honest, so flame away. Yes I know he's a rook, but damn I've been disappointed SO FAR.
Agreed, was hoping for more of an impact.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:44 AM 10-19-2022
It's the fact that he routinely gets outplayed by Shart Clark that makes me irritated.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:45 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

You’ll be back sucking his dick pretty soon.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:47 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
You’ll be back sucking his dick pretty soon.
He can only suck so many dicks at once. Right now he's cock gobbling Geno.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:49 AM 10-19-2022
I'm no NFL scout, but I see nothing about him that says "high ceiling". His college tape was good, but so was CEH's.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:57 AM 10-19-2022
For crying out loud, it's week 6, guys. You guys know that a lot of rookie pass-rushers, some of whom played for this team, started slow in the sack department that later became solid or even great pass-rushers, right?

Just one example: Justin Houston. No sacks through his first 10 or 11 games, finished the season with 5.5. The following year he had 10, then 11 the next, then 22.

Now I'm not saying Karlaftis is going to follow the same exact trajectory; some of you knee-jerk reactionaries can keep your pants on, I'm just saying that we need to let things play out a while longer. The kid is a rookie going into his 7th week in the NFL. And it's not like he's been shut out. He's got 4-5 QB hits I think, 13 pressures(?), a TFL . . . he's shown some flashes, he'll be fine. Still think he can get 7-9 sacks before the season is over.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:31 PM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
It's the fact that he routinely gets outplayed by Shart Clark that makes me irritated.
Uh yeah. George has played a handful of NFL games. Frank is playing for money this year and has years of experience.

Not exactly a difficulty thing to read
[Reply]
New World Order 12:33 PM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

:-)
[Reply]
Page 104 of 185
« First < 45494100101102103104 105106107108114154 > Last »
Up