ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 102 of 185
« First < 252929899100101102 103104105106112152 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
RunKC 07:32 AM 10-19-2022
Some people really don’t understand just how hard Brett Veach’s job really is.

Patrick’s contract is very flexible and it is a steal for his talent, but it’s still a QB contract. That means we don’t have cap space like all these other teams with rookie QB contracts like the Jets, Dolphins and Eagles.

We also don’t pick early and that makes a huge difference.

Veach may have made some bad decisions (Clyde) but he’s still drafted multiple good players in the last 4 drafts.

Some of ya’ll sucking that Bills dick need to come back this time next year when they have no money, late draft picks and have lost some of their star players due to Josh Allen’s contract kicking in.
[Reply]
O.city 07:50 AM 10-19-2022
His job is hard?

He's got a generational QB and a HOF top 5 or 6 head coach of all time.

I mean, come on.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:08 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Patrick’s contract is very flexible and it is a steal for his talent, but it’s still a QB contract. That means we don’t have cap space like all these other teams with rookie QB contracts like the Jets, Dolphins and Eagles.

Veach may have made some bad decisions (Clyde) but he’s still drafted multiple good players in the last 4 drafts.

Some of ya’ll sucking that Bills dick need to come back this time next year when they have no money, late draft picks and have lost some of their star players due to Josh Allen’s contract kicking in.
I agree. Veach has made some good picks and some bad ones. No different than any other GM. So far he’s doing better than most, especially with where he is drafting year in and year out. It will inherently be more difficult than drafting Top 10 every year.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:22 AM 10-19-2022
I'll be honest, so flame away. Yes I know he's a rook, but damn I've been disappointed SO FAR.
[Reply]
notorious 08:27 AM 10-19-2022
He's nothing special so far. Give him a chance.
[Reply]
notorious 08:28 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
I'll be honest, so flame away. Yes I know he's a rook, but damn I've been disappointed SO FAR.
We'd all love to see a raw-talent play or two from the rook.

He's not a raw-talent guy, though.

Lunch pail, high-motor, blah blah blah.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:29 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
He's nothing special so far. Give him a chance.
I am bud
[Reply]
JPH83 08:31 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:

This is a very fair point I reckon. I'd add that Bills still need to win something. If they win this year I'd say that immediately elevates Beane alongside Veach imo, but that's a big IF. He won't have made it to 2 SBs like Veach or had the same sustained success, but the roster will have been all his. He wasn't gifted 2 HOFers (he was given excellent safeties though).

At that point, as you say, we'll see how well Bills can sustain that success with the same cap restraints we have. If they don't win it this year, they're going to need to keep drafting very well to improve.
[Reply]
notorious 08:31 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
I am bud
I'll be there next to you to take a big dump on him when the time comes.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:35 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
His job is hard?

He's got a generational QB and a HOF top 5 or 6 head coach of all time.

I mean, come on.
While true, you have to take into consideration the ridiculous expectations and everything that comes with that.

What other GM get bashed every time their team loses a game, or if the team doesn't win a SB every single year?

We're coming off a game agaisnt "the best team in the NFL" where many of us thought we might get our ass kicked between injuries and Gay's suspension. Despite all that, the Chiefs more than held their own, and probably should've won if it weren't for Mahomes/Andy not being close to their best down the stretch.

In the middle of a transition year, we're sitting here having to defend Veach because we lost a close game to the "best team in the NFL".

It's all pretty absurd.
[Reply]
Warrick 08:36 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
I'll be there next to you to take a big dump on him when the time comes.
Now that's kinky :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:36 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
While true, you have to take into consideration the ridiculous expectations and everything that comes with that.

What other GM get bashed every time their team loses a game, or if the team doesn't win a SB every single year?

We're coming off a game agaisnt "the best team in the NFL" where many of us thought we might get our ass kicked between injuries and Gay's suspension. Despite all that, the Chiefs more than held their own, and probably should've won if it weren't for Mahomes/Andy not being close to their best down the stretch.

In the middle of a transition year, we're sitting here having to defend Veach because we lost a close game to the "best team in the NFL".

It's all pretty absurd.
\

"Absurd" is CP's middle name.
[Reply]
O.city 08:40 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:

It's all pretty absurd.
I would push back a bit on "transition year".

I understand it and don't necessarily disagree but when you've got this HC and this QB, every year is a win year IMO.

You want the "GOAT" status and such as the QB, well, these are the expectations. Fair or not.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:44 AM 10-19-2022
karlaftis will start getting sacks when clyde starts breaking 20+ yard runs

we just have to put flying pigs into the gameplan
[Reply]
staylor26 08:47 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I would push back a bit on "transition year".

I understand it and don't necessarily disagree but when you've got this HC and this QB, every year is a win year IMO.

You want the "GOAT" status and such as the QB, well, these are the expectations. Fair or not.
You can push back on that all you want, but many of us acknowledged that it was exactly what this year was based on the offseason.

Of course that doesn't mean that you still can't compete for a championship though. Are we not?

That's kind of the point. We're clearly in a state of transition, yet we just went to to toe and should've beat the "best team in the NFL" despite that and missing some key pieces.

What the fuck more could people ask for?

If you read OKchiefs posts the last few weeks ever since the Colts game, you would think this season has been a completely failure.

People are already declaring draft picks are busts 6 games into their rookie seasons.

This place has gone full fucking retard.
[Reply]
Page 102 of 185
« First < 252929899100101102 103104105106112152 > Last »
Up