ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 664 of 726
« First < 164564614654660661662663664 665666667668674714 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>New Conference re-alignment thread
Saulbadguy 07:57 AM 09-12-2011
The old one has AIDS.

Anyways, Chip Brown from Orangebloods.com reports OU may apply to the Pac-12 by the end of the month.

Oklahoma will apply for membership to the Pac-12 before the end of the month, and Oklahoma State is expected to follow suit, a source close to OU's administration told Orangebloods.com.

Even though Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott said Friday the Pac-12 was not interested in expansion at this time, OU's board of regents is fed up with the instability in the Big 12, the source said.

The OU board of regents will meet within two weeks to formalize plans to apply for membership to the Pac-12, the source said.

Messages left Sunday night with OU athletic director Joe Castiglione and Oklahoma State athletic director Mike Holder were not immediately returned.

If OU follows through with what appears to be a unanimous sentiment on the seven-member Oklahoma board of regents to leave the Big 12, realignment in college athletics could be heating back up. OU's application would be matched by an application from Oklahoma State, the source said, even though OSU president Burns Hargis and mega-booster Boone Pickens both voiced their support for the Big 12 last Thursday.

There is differing sentiment about if the Pac-12 presidents and chancellors are ready to expand again after bringing in Colorado and Utah last year and landing $3 billion TV contracts from Fox and ESPN. Colorado president Bruce Benson told reporters last week CU would be opposed to any expansion that might bring about east and west divisions in the Pac-12.

Currently, there are north and south divisions in the Pac-12. If OU and OSU were to join, Larry Scott would have to get creative.

Scott's orginal plan last summer was to bring in Colorado, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State and put them in an eastern division with Arizona and Arizona State. The old Pac-8 schools (USC, UCLA, Cal, Stanford, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington and Washington State) were to be in the west division.

Colorado made the move in June 2010, but when Texas A&M was not on board to go west, the Big 12 came back together with the help of its television partners (ABC/ESPN and Fox).

If Oklahoma and Oklahoma State were accepted into the Pac-12, there would undoubtedly be a hope by Larry Scott that Texas would join the league. But Texas sources have indicated UT is determined to hang onto the Longhorn Network, which would not be permissible in the Pac-12 in its current form.

Texas sources continue to indicate to Orangebloods.com that if the Big 12 falls apart, the Longhorns would consider "all options."

Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe held an emergency conference call 10 days ago with league presidents excluding Oklahoma, Texas and Texas A&M and asked the other league presidents to "work on Texas" because Beebe didn't think the Pac-12 would take Oklahoma without Texas.

Now, it appears OU is willing to take its chances with the Pac-12 with or without Texas.

There seemed to be a temporary pause in any possible shifting of the college athletics' landscape when Baylor led a charge to tie up Texas A&M's move to the Southeastern Conference in legal red tape. BU refused to waive its right to sue the SEC over A&M's departure from the Big 12, and the SEC said it would not admit Texas A&M until it had been cleared of any potential lawsuits.

Baylor, Kansas and Iowa State have indicated they will not waive their right to sue the SEC.

It's unclear if an application by OU to the Pac-12 would draw the same threats of litigation against the Pac-12 from those Big 12 schools.

Stay tuned.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:52 PM 07-01-2022

Might I recommend this as a possible future Big 12 pod? pic.twitter.com/9arGSP2DpY

— Joe Goodman (@the_joe_goodman) July 1, 2022

[Reply]
ModSocks 04:04 PM 07-01-2022
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I hate to break this to you, but the PAC is dead. Oregon, Stanford and U-Dubb are headed out to the B1G, and the B12 (and their new Big-Balled Commish) will be aggressively pursuing UA, ASU, Utah and CU. The only teams that will be left will be the Beaves, WAZU and Cal (their Ath Dept is in horrific shape).
I wonder how this will trickle to the Mountain West.

When USC and UCLA dipped my initial thought was, "Sweet, now there's a spot for SDSU in the PAC."

IF all those other teams bail, well then...shit.
[Reply]
RustShack 06:24 PM 07-01-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Why didn’t they do that yesterday then ?

Forbes said KU basketball has the same value as USC football ($325 M).

They just gave Riley a $100M context.
USC and UCLA reached out to the B1G and were obvious takes. Now they want to see the interest from ND. Oregon and Washington also just applied last night, after USC and UCLA were already approved.

Sooo how do they add them at the same time when the paperwork wasn’t in? And obviously ND is the biggest fish now.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:26 PM 07-01-2022
Originally Posted by RustShack:
USC and UCLA reached out to the B1G and were obvious takes. Now they want to see the interest from ND. Oregon and Washington also just applied last night, after USC and UCLA were already approved.

Sooo how do they add them at the same time when the paperwork wasn’t in? And obviously ND is the biggest fish now.
Everybody is after ND and it's Rudy! Rudy! Rudy! Rudy! Rudy! fanbase.
[Reply]
RustShack 06:37 PM 07-01-2022
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Everybody is after ND and it's Rudy! Rudy! Rudy! Rudy! Rudy! fanbase.
True, but I believe the B1G already had a few of their rivals, and USC is now added, and Stanford would likely be added at the same time…

Then can still play Navy NonCon as well.

That’s why the B1G is finally getting ND’s attention.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:44 PM 07-01-2022
Originally Posted by Pants:
Ya, but probably still not as bad as being a fan of a completely uncompetitive and irrelevant school, though.

KU is sorta still relevant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:44 PM 07-01-2022

[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:01 PM 07-14-2022

Conference Realignment Continues As Florida State Joins Ivy League https://t.co/UoZL9pO4zu pic.twitter.com/usoKjtSUul

— The Onion (@TheOnion) July 14, 2022

[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:37 PM 07-14-2022
Mike Farrell excerpt from today:

“…Nebraska’s move to the B1G damaged their national brand and recruiting base; fixing it while remaining in the B1G Ten is impossible. The only cure may be to rejoin their rivals, Oklahoma and Texas, in the SEC. I’m not predicting this will happen; I’m just saying that it’s the only card Nebraska has left in their quest to find themselves.”

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 06:52 PM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:

“…Nebraska’s move to the B1G damaged their national brand and recruiting base; fixing it while remaining in the B1G Ten is impossible. The only cure may be to rejoin their rivals, Oklahoma and Texas, in the SEC. I’m not predicting this will happen; I’m just saying that it’s the only card Nebraska has left in their quest to find themselves.”

Nebraska didn't screw up joining the Big Ten. They screwed up by hiring shitty coaches.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:14 PM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:

lmao the SEC isn't touching Nebraska with a ten foot pole
[Reply]
RustShack 07:33 PM 07-14-2022
I’m not sure how going to an even tougher league would help Nebraska either. They played in the easy B1G division too.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:46 PM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
lmao the SEC isn't touching Nebraska with a ten foot pole

I don’t think so either. Nebraska offers zip, zilch, zero to the SEC.

Are they getting full shares yet in the B1G?

I just thought it was funny he even mentioned it.

[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:09 PM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Nebraska didn't screw up joining the Big Ten. They screwed up by hiring shitty coaches.
Exactly and they didn't damage their brand. Top 25 recruiting classes since leaving the Big 12 with the exception of last year. Already in the high 20s with the favorites to land 3 or 4 more 4* and if Frost is able to win this year they will get even more talent. The Athletic program prints money now thanks to that move to the B1G. They got 2 of the biggest named candidates in 17 & 18 just hasn't worked.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:20 PM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Exactly and they didn't damage their brand. Top 25 recruiting classes since leaving the Big 12 with the exception of last year. Already in the high 20s with the favorites to land 3 or 4 more 4* and if Frost is able to win this year they will get even more talent. The Athletic program prints money now thanks to that move to the B1G. They got 2 of the biggest named candidates in 17 & 18 just hasn't worked.
Kansas just won the national crown
[Reply]
Page 664 of 726
« First < 164564614654660661662663664 665666667668674714 > Last »
Up