ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 53 of 3903
« First < 3434950515253 54555657631031535531053 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rain Man 04:04 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
My whole family got a weird disease about 2 weeks ago. Respiratory stuff, fever, exhaustion, but not much else. Now I'm wondering...
And you lived in Colorado once, right? Should we report this to someone?
[Reply]
MagicHef 04:05 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:

We are going to need a CP RIP mega thread.
Yeah, I posted this in the DC thread, but I was actually in Kirkland last Friday, but luckily not at the nursing home in question.
[Reply]
MagicHef 04:07 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
And you lived in Colorado once, right? Should we report this to someone?
Yes. Is there any indication that the virus can travel backwards in time?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:21 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Something I keep hearing people talking about is this "massive outbreak" that the hospitals won't be able to handle.

Ok I suppose that this definitely is a possibility. But this thing went undetected in Washington State for 4-6 weeks. Did the hospitals gets overrun during this time? It doesn't seem like it. Yes Washington State has been the hardest hit, but the numbers aren't outrageous horrifying. (Unless you're a much older person)
Hospitals won’t be able to handle a pandemic. No chance.

The USA had 10K ventilators and ancillary supplies to run them in reserve. The plan is to use hotel rooms and portable oxygen for the ventilators for the more stable patients. The issue will be RT’s to run them. An RT runs 3-5 ventilators and manages the patents. One nurse can possibly do 3-4X times that many patients. But, your going to have 3000 licensed RT’s that are not already employed by hospitals.

And then 10K sounds like a lot of reserve but when you do the math it’s going to get dicey in an pandemic.
[Reply]
Donger 04:24 PM 03-05-2020
215 now. Up from 168 this morning.
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:52 PM 03-05-2020

There's also this case showing neurological effects and viral meningitis https://t.co/JFLiFGo9hj

— Kimberly Hall (@yangnyin) March 5, 2020

Lung inflammation + low lymphocyte counts ("#AIDS"-like immunosuppression) in #coronavirus patients presents a conundrum. Doctors sometimes use steroids to blunt the lung inflammation, but the downside is further immunosuppression.

Rock, meet hard place.https://t.co/WAAxrHBbmt

— Dr. Dena Grayson (@DrDenaGrayson) March 5, 2020

Well now I'm terrified again. Does the flu have these kinds of complications for serious cases?
[Reply]
Donger 05:07 PM 03-05-2020
Pretty fascinating comparison to MERS and SARS here:

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...mbers-n1150321
[Reply]
Donger 03-05-2020, 05:09 PM
This message has been deleted by Donger.
TLO 05:10 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

Well now I'm terrified again. Does the flu have these kinds of complications for serious cases?

Take with a grain of salt
[Reply]
eDave 05:11 PM 03-05-2020
Scottsdale firefighters, ambulance crew in isolation after treating coronavirus patient

https://www.abc15.com/news/region-no...mIIJ2bo7X0Q79M
[Reply]
FD 05:13 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I don't think the US could ever lock down a whole city (the size of NYC) like China. People just wouldn't stand for it here. But it's very likely we could be doing more to slow the spread - if we had any idea how bad the spread actually is at the moment.
I feel like people would voluntarily take a lot more steps that would aid containment if they had the proper info. There is still not widespread testing and we have known about this thing for more than a month. Federal officials are still trying to downplay it rather than simply getting the info out.
[Reply]
TLO 05:30 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Scottsdale firefighters, ambulance crew in isolation after treating coronavirus patient

https://www.abc15.com/news/region-no...mIIJ2bo7X0Q79M
Smart
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:34 PM 03-05-2020
SARS + AIDS? Chiefsplanetvirus
[Reply]
mr. tegu 05:40 PM 03-05-2020
What is it exactly people think the tests are supposed to do? Is treatment different if you have it versus having a different strand of flu? Doesn’t really seem like it from anything I’ve seen. If you have a cold or something worse and feel the need to go to the doctor and they say you are having flu like symptoms and might have a strand of flu, the treatment is still go home and avoid people and treat the symptoms. It’s not like they say they can’t test you so you can resume activities as normal.

And if anyone with a sniffle could get tested for it then you would have way too many people taking advantage of that anyways and then truly over whelming the healthcare system.
[Reply]
Skyy God 05:48 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
SARS + AIDS? Chiefsplanetvirus
Needs more antifreeze.
[Reply]
Kman34 05:48 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
What is it exactly people think the tests are supposed to do? Is treatment different if you have it versus having a different strand of flu? Doesn’t really seem like it from anything I’ve seen. If you have a cold or something worse and feel the need to go to the doctor and they say you are having flu like symptoms and might have a strand of flu, the treatment is still go home and avoid people and treat the symptoms. It’s not like they say they can’t test you so you can resume activities as normal.

And if anyone with a sniffle could get tested for it then you would have way too many people taking advantage of that anyways and then truly over whelming the healthcare system.
I stayed home from work last week a couple days with a cold.. am I going to die??
[Reply]
Page 53 of 3903
« First < 3434950515253 54555657631031535531053 > Last »
Up