ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 506 of 3903
« First < 6406456496502503504505506 50750850951051655660610061506 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
dirk digler 06:39 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
The math isn't correct or else China would have been 100% infected more than a month ago instead of declining and back to normal for the most part.

Its not an exponential curve. There is a limit to how many people each person comes into contact with inside their social circle. Thats why social distancing is effective.

I hope you are right and we get lucky. I guess we will start finding out next week.

China btw is getting back to work their emissions has dramatically increased the last few days.
[Reply]
stumppy 06:51 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
I got the same thing from my employer, but I believe a lot of it was because employees either wanted to stay at home and didn’t like the idea of having to come to work during something like this or they were unsure if they were going to get locked down. They are union like we are, so the company may have had to respond to many of these grievances/concerns by sending a notification to everyone reminding them of their job status.
It's a result of the people who bought into the whole "Fake news" bullshit.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:59 AM 03-20-2020
Today was my last day at work for a while. My oncologist agreed that I need to self-isolate outside of infusion days for my chemo. I told my boss and he was extremely understanding. I feel very lucky, but I'm also scared. All of this bad news is becoming more and more worrisome for me.

The only thing I want to do at this point is just spend time with my wife and girls.
[Reply]
stumppy 07:06 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Today was my last day at work for a while. My oncologist agreed that I need to self-isolate outside of infusion days for my chemo. I told my boss and he was extremely understanding. I feel very lucky, but I'm also scared. All of this bad news is becoming more and more worrisome for me.

The only thing I want to do at this point is just spend time with my wife and girls.
Hang in there man. We're all pulling for you.
[Reply]
neech 07:08 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
oh my ****ing god

They are just filming Red Dawn part 3.
[Reply]
neech 07:12 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
How long does it take for the virus to wipeout a city?
Detroit was already wiped out before the virus got there.
[Reply]
C3HIEF3S 07:17 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
oh my fucking god

Take two seconds and read the replies of that tweet. Factory delivery.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 07:17 AM 03-20-2020
The math isn't correct or else China would have been 100% infected more than a month ago instead of declining and back to normal for the most part.

Its not an exponential curve. There is a limit to how many people each person comes into contact with inside their social circle. Thats why social distancing is effective.
I don’t disagree that social distancing can alter the math. Or that herd immunity will further stunt the spread.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:21 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I hope you are right and we get lucky. I guess we will start finding out next week.

China btw is getting back to work their emissions has dramatically increased the last few days.
All I can say is this, we are at 250,000 cases world wide 3+ months into this.

China is trending down along with many other countries that had this early.

This far into H1N1 the US alone had 1 million cases. I cant see how the math gets this to these crazy ass predictions we keep seeing like 28MM people in California are going to be infected.

If that is the case this diseases isn't that deadly. The math simply does not add up.
[Reply]
Stanley Nickels 07:24 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Who is controlling it better than us? I’d rather be here, you go ahead to Italy or France or China if you want lol
Australia, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, (China), Japan, Germany, Canada all seem to have done a better job thus far.
[Reply]
O.city 07:36 AM 03-20-2020
All I can say is this, we are at 250,000 cases world wide 3+ months into this.

China is trending down along with many other countries that had this early.

This far into H1N1 the US alone had 1 million cases. I cant see how the math gets this to these crazy ass predictions we keep seeing like 28MM people in California are going to be infected.

If that is the case this diseases isn't that deadly. The math simply does not add up.
The paper out of China I posted last night (grain of salt) kinda says the opposite in terms of transmit ability but that means there’s a shit fuck ton of people who have it and have no symptoms or mild symptoms.

That sucks because you can take it to people who may not have that ability but it also means we’ll get to immunity faster and it’ll burn out faster
[Reply]
penguinz 07:36 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S:
Take two seconds and read the replies of that tweet. Factory delivery.
Same thing in Lee’s Summit yesterday. Doubt it is factory deliveries.
[Reply]
O.city 07:36 AM 03-20-2020
Also just FYI, you never get a virus that’s extremely deadly and spreads fast. The host dies too quick
[Reply]
petegz28 07:37 AM 03-20-2020
In the time it would take to identify 25 million people being infected, a ton of them would have already dropped dead or would have been sick and recovered.

I think it was a bit irresponsible to throw out that number. Then shortly after to put the entire state on a "shelter in place" policy. Almost like one was said to help justify the other.
[Reply]
penguinz 07:39 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Also just FYI, you never get a virus that’s extremely deadly and spreads fast. The host dies too quick
You have been playing Plague Inc haven’t you? 😁
[Reply]
Page 506 of 3903
« First < 6406456496502503504505506 50750850951051655660610061506 > Last »
Up