ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 452 of 3903
« First < 352402442448449450451452 4534544554564625025529521452 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
suzzer99 09:06 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I am starting to come around to this idea as well. 4-6 weeks then reopen everything and do the best we can, maybe quarantine people 60\65 or older.

Otherwise there won't be much of a country left. Leadership from the top down has completely failed us.
From another forum. Apparently this is what they're doing on Beijing. Sobering as hell.

Originally Posted by :
in china, all packages are sprayed down before they come into the building, when people enter their apartments they go through a routine

people don't order food very much since there were reports of asymptomatic chefs infecting dozens - nearly everything is delivered and sprayed/washed and prepared at home - this is a big deal, chinese people eat out so frequently many don't even know how to make basic food at home - lots of smaller apartments don't even have kitchens or if they do it's quite limited with a single plugin electric stovetop, if you go anywhere in China, about 2/3 of all storefronts are restaurants, if you're in a city there are dozens of restaurants you can go to without leaving your own block - this is crippling small businesses and the economy and they wouldn't do that casually

process of coming back to apartment:

open door, spray all my items and put them inside

if it's in packaging, i remove the packaging and leave in hallway to take to trash next time so there's less chance of bringing in covid - this is a building where normally management would knock on my door and yell at me for leaving trash in the hallway but nobody cares about that now

then i spray down my gloved hands and spray bottle and switch to the disinfectant bottle to spray the soles of my shoes (don't want to use other bottle on shoes because it has bleach)

step inside, slide feet out of shoes, spray outside doornob with bleach spray and close door

inspect gloves as I take them off, if in good condition i put them in a bin to reuse, if in bad condition i drop them outside door in hallway

remove mask and sunglasses, spray them and leave mask to dry

take glasses with me and put in sink and wash my hands thoroughly with soap twice, then rinse off any remaining spray on glasses lenses

then i'm done

a nightmare and hassle at first but now it's second nature

coming into the building there's someone to check my temp and if he doesn't recognize me (they all do since i'm 6'2" & white) then they ask my corona card that proves i live in the building (to prevent residents who were living in another province to register that they've moved to this building and making tracking disease spread easier - mostly just finding people who were in Hubei and testing them) - a few weeks back a girl was screaming at them because she came back from visiting her family during the beginning of the lockdown and thus didn't have the card and she had to get tested first or something - she's here now but obviously was unhappy being made to wait in the lobby until they sorted it out

price you pay to live though - didn't leave china earlier because i was in the "lol hysteria" camp and not leaving now because I'm genuinely frightened because I know the US will never take these necessary steps

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:10 AM 03-19-2020
"Necessary steps" = police state for an indefinite duration.

No thanks. The entire world would be better to spin the wheel and take their chances with this thing while awaiting herd immunity than they would to allow these sort of draconian confiscations of basic personal liberties.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:10 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
From another forum. Apparently this is what they're doing on Beijing. Sobering as hell.
Americans are to lazy to shower everyday let a lone do this....
[Reply]
O.city 09:11 AM 03-19-2020
Yeah, fuck that.

You guys need to trust science and technology. They'll fix this fucker.
[Reply]
O.city 09:13 AM 03-19-2020
Compassion, perseverance and technology.

Don't give up. We aren't doing that. It's not gonna get shit done. Move forward. Every day.
[Reply]
Donger 09:14 AM 03-19-2020
I heard from family that the Brits began letting older folks, and older folks only, into stores for a couple of hours in the morning. Sounds like we are now doing the same.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:15 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Compassion, perseverance and technology.

Don't give up. We aren't doing that. It's not gonna get shit done. Move forward. Every day.
So I see you've reached the bargaining stage.
[Reply]
O.city 09:17 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
So I see you've reached the bargaining stage.
I've moved past the eyore stage. It accomplishes nothing. This defeatist attitude.

Come on man. Pull your skirt up and get on board.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:18 AM 03-19-2020
I've moved past the eyore stage. It accomplishes nothing. This defeatist attitude.

Come on man. Pull your skirt up and get on board.
I have lots of video games, I'll manage.
[Reply]
O.city 09:20 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I have lots of video games, I'll manage.
Will shit get worse? Probably yeah.

But we'll figure it out.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:22 AM 03-19-2020
Yeah, fuck that.

You guys need to trust science and technology. They'll fix this fucker.
And if it doesn't, mother nature would.

If the answer is that 350 million Americans live their lives in a meaningless hellscape founded on nothing but fear, uncertainty and inactivity for potentially years OR 15 million of them die. I'm sorry...that just isn't a hard choice. And it's macabre and its awful but we didn't fucking ask for this.

This isn't about just needing to make money - this is about needing to live a life. A meaningful existence where you wake up and have a task and you do that task and you go to bed at night satisfied that you've accomplished something that day. How many retirees leave their jobs and are dead within a year or two? Healthy as horses while they had something to go do each morning - deader than sticks when they stopped finding a reason to wake up.

Once again folks, the people to be pissed off at is fucking China for unleashing this fresh hell on the world. We didn't ask for this. We didn't cause this.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:22 AM 03-19-2020
Will shit get worse? Probably yeah.

But we'll figure it out.
3 days ago my sister basically said this was all bullshit.....now today she's flipping out, odd how something changes so fast.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:23 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
They are moving to electronic trading only on 3.23.20....Two floor traders have tested positive. Why they haven't shut it down before now is beyond me.
No shit, its obvious those assholes have AIDS at a minimum.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:25 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

If the answer is that 350 million Americans live their lives in a meaningless hellscape founded on nothing but fear, uncertainty and inactivity for potentially years OR 15 million of them die. I'm sorry...that just isn't a hard choice. And it's macabre and its awful but we didn't ****ing ask for this.

This isn't about just needing to make money - this is about needing to live a life. A meaningful existence where you wake up and have a task and you do that task and you go to bed at night satisfied that you've accomplished something that day. How many retirees leave their jobs and are dead within a year or two? Healthy as horses while they had something to go do each morning - deader than sticks when they stopped finding a reason to wake up.

Once again folks, the people to be pissed off at is ****ing China for unleashing this fresh hell on the world. We didn't ask for this. We didn't cause this.
Im curious as to whether this will have a long lasting effect on the overall opinion of globalism for some people or whether by October they will completely have forgotten.
[Reply]
O.city 09:25 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

If the answer is that 350 million Americans live their lives in a meaningless hellscape founded on nothing but fear, uncertainty and inactivity for potentially years OR 15 million of them die. I'm sorry...that just isn't a hard choice. And it's macabre and its awful but we didn't ****ing ask for this.

Once again folks, the people to be pissed off at is ****ing China for unleashing this fresh hell on the world. We didn't ask for this. We didn't cause this.
They need to get out a plan like you said or eventually, people are gonna say fuck it we've gotta live.
[Reply]
Page 452 of 3903
« First < 352402442448449450451452 4534544554564625025529521452 > Last »
Up