Page 54 of 103
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 07:50 AM 03-19-2022
2022 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
jd1020 09:35 AM 08-14-2022
Meh. He got popped by some pretty lame ass AAS that is in prescription medications. He initially appealed the ban but then dropped it after he found out it was his fuck up. Whether it was ringworm medicine or not, I dont think he was actually trying to cheat. He fucked up and took something without running it through all of the avenues available to these guys to cross check and make for sure its safe to use and he's gonna pay for it. Lucky for him he's going to pay for it at the right time in his contract and not later down the line. See ya in 80 games.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:32 AM 08-14-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Meh. He got popped by some pretty lame ass AAS that is in prescription medications. He initially appealed the ban but then dropped it after he found out it was his fuck up. Whether it was ringworm medicine or not, I dont think he was actually trying to cheat. He fucked up and took something without running it through all of the avenues available to these guys to cross check and make for sure its safe to use and he's gonna pay for it. Lucky for him he's going to pay for it at the right time in his contract and not later down the line. See ya in 80 games.
In some ways it almost seems like the Padres would prefer it have been intentional.

The 'maturity' bend to the comments from the front office and even his teammates suggest that they are putting this on 'stupid and immature is going to be stupid and immature' - yet they're simultaneously worried that same stupidity and immaturity could be chronic.

It's worth speaking to the rumors surrounding his dad's time in St. Louis and even a bit in Montreal. Evidently Senior had a real drug and maturity issue and it's what led to his collapse. It wasn't until he hit his 30s that he kinds screwed his head on straight.

Granted, Junior isn't Senior; sins of the father and what not. But it's a datapoint that would be a little disconcerting if I'm Preller, et al.
[Reply]
jd1020 02:57 PM 08-14-2022
There's no doubt he's immature as fuck. Hasn't he missed quite a bit of playing time because of a couple of motorcycle accidents? I'm sure after the first one they probably told him to lay off and then he did it again. His response to people asking him about his motorcycle accidents was "Which one?" If someone agreed to pay you $340M and they tell you to knock off the stupid shit you do it. Christ, players will shave their face to play for league minimum on the fucking Yankees.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:59 PM 08-14-2022
Yeah - I saw the 'which one' comment and just rolled my eyes.

And frankly, getting called out by Manny Machado a couple years back was an eye opener as well. Machado ain't known for his team-first attitude and if you've set him off, you've taken things a bit too far.

I also thought his refusal to have his shoulder fixed last year was an issue. That season was over and he has a chronic issue in that shoulder that CAN be fixed (I believe it's the same problem Tarasenko had w/ the Blues). And if it isn't, he's going to be at risk for future issues there.

But he refused to have it done and, IMO, has left future seasons at risk.

Tatis has a lot of growing up to do for sure.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:00 PM 08-14-2022
Pujols coming through big today. Have to say I thought his signing to be an afterthought and nothing more than a ride on the nostalgia train.

Carlson had a huge HR as well.

One inning short of a sweep.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:08 PM 08-14-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Pujols coming through big today. Have to say I thought his signing to be an afterthought and nothing more than a ride on the nostalgia train.

Carlson had a huge HR as well.

One inning short of a sweep.
Pujols with one homer into Big Mac Land and other one 443 feet and 109mph off the bat.

The dude can still run into one pretty good.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:15 PM 08-14-2022
I guess some Brewer players got their panties in a bunch after the 2nd HR. Albert said he wasn’t trying to show the Brewers up, it just happens that way naturally. He’s trying to fire up his teammates and the fans. Being PC or not, this team could use some toughness.

So Marmol said this after the game when asked….

“This is our house.” — message Albert Pujols was sending with his celebration after that second homer, per Oliver Marmol. #stlcards

— Derrick Goold (@dgoold) August 14, 2022

[Reply]
Marcellus 06:10 PM 08-14-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I guess some Brewer players got their panties in a bunch after the 2nd HR. Albert said he wasn’t trying to show the Brewers up, it just happens that way naturally. He’s trying to fire up his teammates and the fans. Being PC or not, this team could use some toughness.

So Marmol said this after the game when asked….

Fuck them I loved it.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 06:32 PM 08-14-2022
Love it when the players show emotion
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:49 PM 08-14-2022

FIRE ME UP ALBERT PUJOLS!!

pic.twitter.com/LXl5ELzpvD

— Ben Verlander (@BenVerlander) August 14, 2022

[Reply]
oldandslow 07:52 PM 08-14-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

Was at today's game. Great atmosphere. Great game. That second Pujols' drive was enough to make one think of Brad Lidge. Don't think he can do it, but would love him to pass A-Fraud on the HR list.

I was afraid his signing would be a PR stunt. I was wrong. The man can still absolutely crush lefty's.

Which begs the question, what the heck was Craig Counsell doing? Having Rogers face Goldschmidt, Arenado and Pujols is Mike Matheny level thinking.

Wonder if the Brewers miss Hader yet?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:10 PM 08-14-2022
I can't believe that was the one game I attended, and with great seats to boot (154 row 2). My wife and I decided to go on a lark on Friday night, and only after she bought the tickets did I realize that they were facing a lefty so that Pujols would start. To see perhaps the last great game from the best player the franchise has produced in my lifetime is absolutely unforgettable.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:25 PM 08-14-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
It's not in any prescription medicine in the United States. It's not used for ringworm in the States, either. It's not even listed in Lexicomp or Goodman and Gilman's. He got busted using a testosterone derivative to enhance his performance, just like Dee Gordon did when he got busted for clostebol.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:21 PM 08-14-2022
Originally Posted by oldandslow:
Was at today's game. Great atmosphere. Great game. That second Pujols' drive was enough to make one think of Brad Lidge. Don't think he can do it, but would love him to pass A-Fraud on the HR list.
I’m sure they have used stat cast on his home run off Lidge by now. Wonder what the speed of the ball was off the bat?

I know they said it was Only like 420 feet but if that outside glass wasn’t there, it would have went far.

Congrats on seeing Pujols in person perform on a day like he was in his HOF worthy heyday. What a cool experience.
[Reply]
jd1020 09:29 PM 08-14-2022
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
It's not in any prescription medicine in the United States. It's not used for ringworm in the States, either. It's not even listed in Lexicomp or Goodman and Gilman's. He got busted using a testosterone derivative to enhance his performance, just like Dee Gordon did when he got busted for clostebol.
Dee Gordon tested positive for multiple PEDs.
[Reply]
Page 54 of 103
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864 > Last »
Up